Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season Editon

Would you take a gamble on Nail Yakupov for leauge minium contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles30

Jul 4, 2006
How about something around Pacioretty for Kessel? Gives Pens cap flexibility and Habs scoring on the right side.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Not many scoring wingers to be had now that Hoffman and Kane are gone. Think the price is getting better and more palatable by the day. At that price and for what he brings. we should do quite well at the draft.

Reactions: Laurentide

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
If you can’t get a top 15 pick (+ if not top 10) before the draft, I say keep Patches and trade him at the trade deadline for a 2019 1st +. If he has a good season, we could see some kind of bidding war and the + might be interesting.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Not many scoring wingers to be had now that Hoffman and Kane are gone. Think the price is getting better and more palatable by the day. At that price and for what he brings. we should do quite well at the draft.
Pacioretty is not being dealt
Not only that, he will be Re-signed.
Habs need to have some scoring and salary. There’s very very little chance that Molson doesn’t almost go to the cap this year

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Habs need to have some scoring and salary. There’s very very little chance that Molson doesn’t almost go to the cap this year

8 years baby! Feel the excitement!

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Pacioretty looked absolutely done with the Habs. It showed by his performance on the ice and his interviews. It would be ironic to keep him, because he doesn't have a good attitude. Especially for a captain.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Pacioretty looked absolutely done with the Habs. It showed by his performance on the ice and his interviews. It would be ironic to keep him, because he doesn't have a good attitude. Especially for a captain.

IMO, they want Weber to be the captain, but can't do it if Pacioretty's still on the team. It would be a circus if they stripped him of the C and kept him around.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
IMO, they want Weber to be the captain, but can't do it if Pacioretty's still on the team. It would be a circus if they stripped him of the C and kept him around.
Captain should be Gallagher but I agree it would be a Circus
Pacioretty said in his exit interview he wouldn’t be ok With being a Hab and having his C stripped
He’s our captain for the next 6 years or so

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Captain should be Gallagher but I agree it would be a Circus
Pacioretty said in his exit interview he wouldn’t be ok With being a Hab and having his C stripped
He’s our captain for the next 6 years or so

I agree. San Jose stripped both Marleau and thornton of the C and it worked out with a cup finals appearance. It rarely works out though

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
If the report that Bergevin wants another 1st is true, I can definitely see Pacioretty traded for one.
Yes,trade Pacioretty if Florida does not want him trade him to Dallas for 13th overall or Islanders for the 11th overall and Beauvillier or the Rangers for Chytil and 9th overall or the Oilers for Yamamoto and 10th overall.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I agree. San Jose stripped both Marleau and thornton of the C and it worked out with a cup finals appearance. It rarely works out though
Eric Desjardins, for reasons I cannot fathom, was given the C in Philly only to have it ripped off when they finally came to their senses about who and what Desjardins was.

Lecavalier also lost his C.

Mark Messier got the Canucks to un-retire #11 so he could wear it and then got them to take the C away from Trevor Linden. That didn't go over too well with the fans as I recall.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
That's how awful we are...we now ABSOLUTELY have to keep Pacioretty to score our goals 'cause he might be the only one who can do that....while being absolutely invisible if he doesn't.....while being invisible in the playoffs. But not only we have to keep him but we will have to overpay him.

Yeah, everything is perfect.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If the report that Bergevin wants another 1st is true, I can definitely see Pacioretty traded for one.
lesser players have been traded for a 1st ++...the issue is not whether the Habs can get a 1st in a deal for Pacioretty, that's a given.

The issue is if MB is even interested in acquiring an additional 1st, or does he want to trade Pacioretty for an equal asset

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
That's how awful we are...we now ABSOLUTELY have to keep Pacioretty to score our goals 'cause he might be the only one who can do that....while being absolutely invisible if he doesn't.....while being invisible in the playoffs. But not only we have to keep him but we will have to overpay him.

Yeah, everything is perfect.

Or sign someone like Grabner/Comeau/Neal to replace the scoring since Gallagher/Byron and no one else can score

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Got a few jersey's.. Roy, Halak, Cammy, Subban, Galchenyuk, Patch, Weber. Patch and Weber the only ones on our current roster left. Think I'm going to buy a Price jersey next :sarcasm:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
I would sign JVR. He's an annual 30 goal scorer. But he won't come go a circus like here. I would imagine he wants go win and then the taxes
We will get the sloppy seconds of the UFA market ie Bozak or trade market ie Spezza or Brassard and then be a bubble team and pick 10-15 next year. Wheel goes round. Habs will be right back in the dark ages of Houle era

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Blockbuster proposal :

To EDM :
3rd overall
Pacioretty (with extension agreement)
A. Shaw
Alzner

To MTL :
Draisaitl
10th overall
Lucic (1M$ retained)
Sekera

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
Now that Mike Hoffman got traded to Fl where do you think Max Pacioretty lands if he get's traded ofc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad