Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season Editon

Would you take a gamble on Nail Yakupov for leauge minium contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
These things don't happen in a vacuum. There are pressures that these GM's work under that are specific to their teams and markets which sometimes obligate them to do things they may not necessarily want to do but need to do in order to satisfy other considerations. Florida needs to sell tickets more than Montreal. That could impact what Tallon does as GM of the Panthers that he might not do if he were GM in a less crappy market.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Kovalchuk - RNH - Scherbak
Drouin - Danault - Zadina
Lekhonen - Pleks - Gallagher
Hudon - JDR - Dlo
(DalColle, Bellows, Rychel, McCarron)

Hickey - Weber
Sekera - Petry
Mete - Juulsen
Benn

Price
Niemi

To Edm
Galch, Byron, Shaw

To Mtl
RNH, Sekera, 2nd 2019
----------

To NYI
Patches, Alzner, Lingren

To Mtl
1st, DalColle, Bellows, conditional 2019 (2nd if Patches extends)
-------
Sign
Kovalchuk, 4yrs 6M/per
Pleks, 1 yr 2M
Hickey, 3 yrs 4M/per

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
These things don't happen in a vacuum. There are pressures that these GM's work under that are specific to their teams and markets which sometimes obligate them to do things they may not necessarily want to do but need to do in order to satisfy other considerations. Florida needs to sell tickets more than Montreal. That could impact what Tallon does as GM of the Panthers that he might not do if he were GM in a less crappy market.

Oh this is surely the case. While it's true that Tallon doesn't want to move Borgstrom and I doubt he will because he loves his own guys (expansion draft prime example), I don't doubt that he has interest in Pacioretty.

But given what Bergevin was asking at the deadline (Trocheck) I don't know how a deal could get done. And if Borgstom isn't going anywhere either, I don't know what's left to close out that seemingly huge gap in perceived value. Maybe I'm off base here but Bergevin doesn't seem to make a lot of deals but when he does, he gets good value out of them, which usually is the case with Tallon.

I personally think Heponiemi is in play but given the way he destroyed WHL last year adding a first is too much imo.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Maybe I'm off base here but Bergevin doesn't seem to make a lot of deals but when he does, he gets good value out of them, which usually is the case with Tallon.

Errrr ... where are you getting this?
puke.gif

Reactions: groovejuice

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
These are but a fraction of questions YOU DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER TO, yet you think that by using your "logic" you can surmise the outcome. You're problem is your hubris in thinking you can logically surmise what's in the mind of a stranger based on comments he made to the media where you believe (wrongly) that he's given all the pertinent and factual information.

"You can never really get a full picture of what a pro sports executive is thinking until you get him to reveal all of the twitter accounts he's running at the same time."

- Bryan Colangelo

Last edited:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Errrr ... where are you getting this?
puke.gif

No where really :laugh:

Honestly, I don't know. I just thought about the Danault and Plekanec deals and those seemed good ones. I personally like the Subban - Weber swap although now it looks pretty bad with the injury to Weber. Those are all the deals I remember.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Also I'd actually rephrase my previous statement,what do you guys think about

Heponiemi + 2019 1st for Pacioretty?

Adding a first next year wouldn't be as big of a deal since we expect to make the playoffs (certainly if we're adding a player like MaxPac). Personally I think the 15OA this year has a lot more value than for example 20-23 OA next year.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
"You can never really get a full picture of what a pro sports executive is thinking until you get him to reveal all of the twitter accounts he's running at the same time."

- Jerry Colangelo
LMAO

I was blown away reading that story on Ringer this morning

Reactions: Runner77

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Sell Patches at the draft for the highest bidder, we are not going to get full value for him, but partial value is better than none or even worse a resign.

That's it. No big moves, no big signings. Draft well and integrate the kids.
IT IS time to move on from maxy......but.....if JT DID sign here, maxy would be a good winger for him

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
For shits and gigs, what do you think we'd have to give for Kessel? Say we sign JT, that'd make us contenders big time. Would Pacioretty, Juulsen and a second rounder be enough?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
LMAO

I was blown away reading that story on Ringer this morning

Just read The Ringer piece. Had heard the item on 690 this morning. I really enjoyed the quality, in-depth writing of the article.

Love sites like this. Have seen other well-written pieces on sites like Five Thirty Eight and occasionally on Deadspin.

Any other sites of this quality, that you enjoy reading?

This quote from The Ringer piece, is a gem:

The elder Colangelo joined the Sixers organization in late 2015—reportedly with encouragement from the NBA—to speed up Hinkie’s so-called “Process,” the slash-and-burn rebuild that amassed draft assets, cap space, and copious losses.

The slash-and-burn rebuild sounds like something the Habs should be doing for another two years.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
lets be clear and go over this again

Tavares will never sihn with the habs even at 15m/y

stop daydreaming he won't join this country club with 2 of the biggest idiots as gm and owner

The quicker people realize this, the less disappointed they will be come July 1st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad