Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season Editon

Would you take a gamble on Nail Yakupov for leauge minium contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
LA, Iasles, Blues, Minny, Dallas, Anaheim, Edmonton, Calgary etc etc etc.

There are a ton of teams that need a scoring winger.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Boy...its going to be really difficult to find an NHL team that wants/needs a goal scorer.

I mean, who wants/needs goals?

Even the Montreal Canadiens don't want Max Pacioretty's goals

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
If we're lucky he'll wind up in Edmonton. I say if we're lucky because Edmonton is the only other team with a s*** for brains GM who we might be able to get a good deal out of. Anyone else Bergevin deals with will probably take him out to the woodshed on any trade involving Pacioretty. I'm not in love with RNH but he is a credible top 6 center and is better than anyone we have on the roster right now.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
With Chucky gone and Kotkaniemi the likely pick, I say we just try and lock up Pacioretty on a deal. It's called buying low.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
In a Pacioretty trade I would be targeting a 2019 or 2020 first as the key return. Who knows what could happen in the future, teams like Vegas and Washington could be lottery teams in 2 years. Distant firsts are one of the most valuable assets in hockey because of the uncertainty surrounding them.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
In a Pacioretty trade I would be targeting a 2019 or 2020 first as the key return. Who knows what could happen in the future, teams like Vegas and Washington could be lottery teams in 2 years. Distant firsts are one of the most valuable assets in hockey because of the uncertainty surrounding them.
That's also what I want, we have enough pick for this draft, obviously I want more, but next year's draft is loaded with tall, Big, skilled centers.

Reactions: Kobe Armstrong

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Like that pick the Avalanche will get next year from the Duchene trade? lol there is an organization run worse believe it or not

Reactions: Kobe Armstrong

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
I see this:

We keep Max

MB: Max, your scoring has suffered, I will offer you 6 million for 6 years

MP: 8 X 8 Marc

MB: What??? No way.

MP: Fine then I'm walking for nothing.......

MB: ...............

TSN reports that Max P. has just signed a new deal with the habs rumored to be 8 million for 8 years, during the press conference Marc had this to say:

" Max he is a great guy, but as you know Montreal needs goals and max is good at getting dah goals and I mean where are you going to find goals in this NHL day? You've gotta draft and grow your talent just like I said all along I mean dem trades are hard to make so you know , you gotta pay for top end talent and in the end max is top end talent that we couldn't lose for nutin. At da end of da day, this trade makes us better, better to contend for da cup next year."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad