Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season Editon

Would you take a gamble on Nail Yakupov for leauge minium contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Fits the Habs identity - all skilled players have to be smurfs, and anyone tall has to be a stiff.

This has been the Habs excuse for trading away every player they have had with skill over the past three decades.

This is eerily similar, I concur.

For an organization keen on 'character/attitude/whatever', they sure don't seem to have the character or attitude to deal with players that are not 'yesmen'.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Leafs aren't signing JVR

I agree, it's unlikely. Win/Win though. I can see the Leafs taking a step back next year and they become a 2 line team instead of the crazy top 3 lines they had last year. Interested to see the moves they make this off season. Not much cap space moving forward and they need serious help on D if they want to be contenders.

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
I wouldn't be able to trust MB to pick out matching socks...the guy is just that bad.

It's well documented.

DmCvk7G.jpg

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
would hoffman vs galchenyuk have been possible

and i hope we sign jvr btw

Interesting about JVR. I'm not so sure I would sign him. Are you trading Patch for futures and replacing him with JVR? Or are you keeping Patch and signing JVR? We would also have room to sign Stastny too. Trying to piece this together... Seems like we have too many wingers.

JVR / Stastny / Drouin
Patch / Danault / Gallagher
Domi / DLR / Scherbak
Hudon / Vejdemo / Lehkonen
Carr, Deslauriers

* Byron and Shaw likely start the year injured. I think it might be best to choose either Patch or JVR. Or just sign Stastny and De Haan and trade Patch. Very curious to see what our roster looks like in September. We can go multiple ways

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Interesting about JVR. I'm not so sure I would sign him. Are you trading Patch for futures and replacing him with JVR? Or are you keeping Patch and signing JVR? We would also have room to sign Stastny too. Trying to piece this together... Seems like we have too many wingers.

JVR / Stastny / Drouin
Patch / Danault / Gallagher
Domi / DLR / Scherbak
Hudon / Vejdemo / Lehkonen
Carr, Deslauriers

* Byron and Shaw likely start the year injured. I think it might be best to choose either Patch or JVR. Or just sign Stastny and De Haan and trade Patch. Very curious to see what our roster looks like in September. We can go multiple ways
JVR won't come to this circus

gillyguzzler

Jan 21, 2007
Ontario
The experts in Montreal are now contending that Paccioretty's value is almost nil because of this morning's Hoffman trade.

What a bunch of morons...

Hoffman is a cancer on a team and his girlfriend is a cyber stalker bully biatch. His offensive stats are similar to Patches.

Hoffman's value took a beating because Hoffman is a cancer on a team and his girlfriend is a cyber stalker bully biatch.

With Hoffman off the market, choir boy and team captain's Max Paccioretty is looking pretty good for a team looking to upgrade its offense for a very very reasonable contract and probable 30+ goals.

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
would hoffman vs galchenyuk have been possible

and i hope we sign jvr btw
No. There was no way Dorion would have traded within the division. Hence why San Jose got a better deal. Florida offered more to Ottawa than what they ended giving San Jose. Case in point, Dorion trading Hoffman within the conference, let alone the division, was only gunna happen if someone really paid.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Just go and get Draisaitl if you cannot just tear it down and rebuild.....Oilers need a RHD to run their horrible PP...Weber....they need wingers to play with Mcdavid.....3rd overall pick,Scherbak,Byron Hudon,Carr many choices.....Montreal gets their center and the 10th overall.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
According to sportsnet Florida is no longer interested in Pacioretty as they acquired Mike Hoffman.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
That’s good to get that out of the way and now teams can outbid each other for Max who isn’t a head case and can play two-way hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad