Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season Editon

Would you take a gamble on Nail Yakupov for leauge minium contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I could see us trading down from 3 to 6 to gain another first, #30, to then draft a center, hopefully Jake Wise.

I'd rather he made the 3OA pick as he can use a couple of his second rounders to move up to the 30th spot, if the player he wanted was still there. There are other ways to go .

Also, why expend resources to target centers in the 2018 draft that won't be as good as those who will available in the 2019 draft and in larger numbers?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Question to you guys; let's say Waddell thinks Fleury and Bean are ready as LDs for the Hurricanes next season and he wants some heart-and-soul productive wingers to add to his team, in that highly hypothetical scenario, would you guys be okay about a straight-up deal involving Gallagher and Hanifin?

Not straight up but I would definitely be OK using Gallagher in a deal -- in fact, anyone on the Habs should be made available.

I'd package Gallagher and the 3OA for Hanifin and the 2OA and add as reasonably necessary. Wouldn't trade Gallagher straight up as he's only 25 and is on a sweet long term contract. He could garner a bigger return on the open market if he were offered to all 30 teams.

Reactions: yianik

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Oh my ... if the Domi trade was a doozie, imagine MB trading the 3OA. The disaster artist will get owned big time.

He's already set the bar low with his pre-draft trade, he'll get owned if he trades such a high pick and he'll complete the trifecta by throwing dollars at the wrong UFA players. This has the potential to tank the team over more than just next year's draft. It's great news so long as Bergevin is not the one making the picks that he will have helped materialize.

Here's the above message as a twitter media URL:

wow did Brian Burke ... so smart
jk no sht its freaking obvious that the pick wont play next year

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It would be interesting to see how he swings that deal. LeBrun also said trading Galchenyuk wouldn't affect a deal for ROR because Sabres are interested in other assets.

Although I wouldn't qualify ROR as patch work as he is a real good center who still has another 5 years. He's good for 20+ goals and 55+ points. One of the best in the face-off circle, one of the best two-way centers, and also rarely visits the penalty box. And he's done all this playing for two of the worst teams in the league at the time he was playing with them in Colorado and Buffalo.
He's been trouble where ever He's been. Bringing Ryan here, in this hotbed could backfire on you. Considering he will take an arm and leg to acquire. Lot of risk that way.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
ROR trade (Max) could make sense if they land another top 6 center and fill a hole on the wing with Zadina. PS may not be a #1, but i don't mind seeing two #2 filling those spots if they're quality #2's.

Drouin Tavares/Stastny Zadina
Domi ROR Gally
Lehkonen Danault Scherbak

ROR trade would NOT make sense if players are above where they should be in the depth chart. Might as well hold off and grab another top 6 center in 2019.

Drouin ROR Gally
Domi Danault Scherbak
Lehkonen Pleks Shaw
/ kotka or d-man not in NHL yet

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Wtf are we doing a rebuild or patchwork? If he brings O'Reilly here it will certainly be for a couple of 2nds and more. What good could that do? Plus, supposedly Molson said that he wouldn't mind tanking. We have to tank.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
More draft picks, please. 2 of the following trades will do to have 3 first rounders.

• 3rd for 6th and 30th. They could still land Zadina, Kotka, Hughes or Tkachuk - none of whom would be a surprising pick at 3. Detroit would really have to covet a player to do this (Hughes, perhaps).
  • Max for 12th to NYI. Enticement for Tavares to re-sign?
  • Byron + early 2nd for a pick in the 20's.
  • Petry + late 2nd for a pick in the 20's.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
More draft picks, please. 2 of the following trades will do to have 3 first rounders.

• 3rd for 6th and 30th. They could still land Zadina, Kotka, Hughes or Tkachuk - none of whom would be a surprising pick at 3. Detroit would really have to covet a player to do this (Hughes, perhaps).
  • Max for 12th to NYI. Enticement for Tavares to re-sign?
  • Byron + early 2nd for a pick in the 20's.
  • Petry + late 2nd for a pick in the 20's.
No way Zadina slides to 6th. He is an 18 year old Hossa. Not going past Ottawa at 4. At the lastest. Habs be nuts to pass on him. Oh wait, Bergs is.

Max, can't see the Isles be in market for a scoring winger. It is their area of strength. Petry is no-trade, can't move him

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Bergevin better not take center at #3 ...just take Zadina ...the trade Pacioretty for the 11th or 13th overall and take a center there.......Hayton and Kupari will be available.

Reactions: Ozmodiar

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Peope are too obsessed with MB hate, it is clouding their judgement. After Dahlin and Svechenkov, it is anyones guess who will end up being the bettwr player. Sure Zadina was ranked 3rd for the better part of the year but many scouts and media people are saying 3-12 can be interchangeable.

I, for one,will not be upset at MB, Timmins and co if they dont go with Zadina.

Just remember those Price and McDonagh. We always needed a center and passed on Kopitar for Price, despite having Theodore back then.

How about 2007, when we drafted McD. We passed on Cheerapanov (rip), who was touted as a top 3 pick. We also passed on Esposito (local boy) and Eller , both centers , that we were lacking. And look at how that ended up. Sure Gainey messed up by trading him,but McD became a #1 D.

So, sure, it could be disappointing at first not to draft Zadina. But ya never know, a Dobson or Kotkaniemi could end up being the better picks in the long run.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Not straight up but I would definitely be OK using Gallagher in a deal -- in fact, anyone on the Habs should be made available.

I'd package Gallagher and the 3OA for Hanifin and the 2OA and add as reasonably necessary. Wouldn't trade Gallagher straight up as he's only 25 and is on a sweet long term contract. He could garner a bigger return on the open market if he were offered to all 30 teams.
With the habs gushing with lefthanded LW players I think Gallagher as a 30 goal scoring right handed, rw he needs to be closest thing to untouchable on the roster

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
No way Zadina slides to 6th. He is an 18 year old Hossa. Not going past Ottawa at 4. At the lastest. Habs be nuts to pass on him. Oh wait, Bergs is.

Max, can't see the Isles be in market for a scoring winger. It is their area of strength. Petry is no-trade, can't move him

I didn't write that they would all slide to 6th, but one of them will. Latest mocks have Habs taking Kotka at 3, and several have Zadina sliding to 6th.

Petry has limited NTC kicking in soon (15 teams). He'd probably accommodate a week early.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Bergevin better not take center at #3 ...just take Zadina ...the trade Pacioretty for the 11th or 13th overall and take a center there.......Hayton and Kupari will be available.

I'm hoping they just take who they believe is BPA, sit tight for a season, and go for the center in the top 10 next season.

I hope they look at this draft AND the next - combined - as one retooling effort.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
ROR Vs 3OA ????!?

I can't be the only one that find this ****ing laughable!

Pacioretty vs Oreilly 1v1 straight up at best or mtl should add?

wth. I freaking hate MaxPac but the guy scored 30+ goals with a dumpster centerman for 5season in a row. We are talking about one of the top 10 goal scorer in the league but somehow this dude isnt worth jack**** on these boards just because we talked so much **** about him last year that everyone now value him as a meh top6 player. Wtf lol. ROR is a 2nd line Center that will put 20g-35a +/- as a 2nd line center would. Pacman will easily go back to 35-40g if he switch team.

Meanwhile 100 pages about AG being moved. AG had 18 G in a full season, Max had 17 in 18 less games! And Max has multiple 30G seasons, 39 and 37 in fact, and 2 years ago 35! Yet Max is worthless and needs to be thrown out of this team and AG is a great superstar we will regret trading.

Max has move value than this board gives credit. Problem is its MB doing the trading. So he will probably trade Max 1 for 1 for another winger like Lucic and call it a day.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Should just trade the 3rd now and get it over with. Whats the difference if its now or a few yeas from now?

Habs love to trade their picks (McD/Serge/AG) and 3rd's seem to get moved a lot (AG/Drouin/MD/Turris). Better to not get attached to the player we draft at 3 and just trade it not to avoid all that.

Reactions: HBDay

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Something I am sure others were thinking as well or have already posted it and I missed it...

Habs trade Galchenyuk for Domi. I'm sure there was conversations about other moves these two teams could make. I wonder if the 3rd for 5th swap was talked about? Maybe it would of been part of the package but the Habs preferred to keep the 3rd OA just in case the Canes took Zadina. Then we would snag Svechniov. Not likely but possible. Then we make the move to trade Zadina for Kotkaniemi and get future 2nd round picks in a pre-negotiated trade agreement.

Friday should be interesting

Reactions: HBDay

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Something I am sure others were thinking as well or have already posted it and I missed it...

Habs trade Galchenyuk for Domi. I'm sure there was conversations about other moves these two teams could make. I wonder if the 3rd for 5th swap was talked about? Maybe it would of been part of the package but the Habs preferred to keep the 3rd OA just in case the Canes took Zadina. Then we would snag Svechniov. Not likely but possible. Then we make the move to trade Zadina for Kotkaniemi and get future 2nd round picks in a pre-negotiated trade agreement.

Friday should be interesting

I would say that alot of potential avenues were talked about between these two teams during the Domi trade. This is a good point to bring up. Somewhere along the lines these two teams decided to keep there picks.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would say that alot of potential avenues were talked about between these two teams during the Domi trade. This is a good point to bring up. Somewhere along the lines these two teams decided to keep there picks.

Seems to be mutual interest on these boards to swap picks. But who knows what is being talked about behind the scenes.

Reactions: Spooky Actions
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad