Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Off-season Editon

Would you take a gamble on Nail Yakupov for leauge minium contract?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I do. You have a legitimate top six a strong bottom six and a average defence.

But you are right, I’m factoring in Price being Price

That is another thing. For how much longer do you think Price is going to be elite? 2-3 seasons? and that's if he returns to those levels again.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
You are delusional if you think that we are just a LHD away if we land those 2 centers. Now that is silly.

Please tell me what Boston or Toronto have that we wouldnt be able to compete with?

We'd have a better goalie, better D, equal or better center line and more quality depth scoring.

Cmon now. Im the first to admit when we suck but that wouldnt be one of those times, on paper anyway

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
ROR will go for what Plekanec would have gone for in 2011. A mid level first (15-20 range) and a B prospect. Sabres fans are out to lunch on the trade board. Or maybe I am tough to say.

Stepan and Raanta did just get traded for a 7th overall and DeAngelo so ROR’s value can be higher than a mid level pick and a B prospect.

Also if Montreal does acquire him you have to remember it is Bergevin doing the negotiating.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Stepan and Raanta did just get traded for a 7th overall and DeAngelo so ROR’s value can be higher than a mid level pick and a B prospect.

Also if Montreal does acquire him you have to remember it is Bergevin doing the negotiating.

Not only negotiating, but from a position of weakness as well. Buffalo is trading to a divisional rival who is desperate for a C.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
What a weird post, do you ever say stuff that's not false? ROR is a 4 time 20 goal scorer.

I know but he isnt a goalscorer per say

Zadina will be drafted. I mean with galchenyuk we lost a 25+ goals scorer. For Ror, we will probably trade Pac. We will lack scoring wingers.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I know but he isnt a goalscorer per say

Zadina will be drafted. I mean with galchenyuk we lost a 25+ goals scorer. For Ror, we will probably trade Pac. We will lack scoring wingers.

I have high doubts Zadina will be picked. We’ll either go with a center or a defender. With Kokoneimi and the defenders available, I don’t see Zadina going in the top 3.

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
ROR Vs 3OA ????!?

I can't be the only one that find this f***ing laughable!

Pacioretty vs Oreilly 1v1 straight up at best or mtl should add?

wth. I freaking hate MaxPac but the guy scored 30+ goals with a dumpster centerman for 5season in a row. We are talking about one of the top 10 goal scorer in the league but somehow this dude isnt worth jackshit on these boards just because we talked so much shit about him last year that everyone now value him as a meh top6 player. Wtf lol. ROR is a 2nd line Center that will put 20g-35a +/- as a 2nd line center would. Pacman will easily go back to 35-40g if he switch team.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Question to you guys; let's say Waddell thinks Fleury and Bean are ready as LDs for the Hurricanes next season and he wants some heart-and-soul productive wingers to add to his team, in that highly hypothetical scenario, would you guys be okay about a straight-up deal involving Gallagher and Hanifin?

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Question to you guys; let's say Waddell thinks Fleury and Bean are ready as LDs for the Hurricanes next season and he wants some heart-and-soul productive wingers to add to his team, in that highly hypothetical scenario, would you guys be okay about a straight-up deal involving Gallagher and Hanifin?

I wouldn't be ok with it since we need gallagher and should move maxpac to fill in needs instead.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
I wouldn't be ok with it since we need gallagher and should move maxpac to fill in needs instead.

Trading Gallagher doesn't means we can't also trade Patches. We could acquire Hanifin with Gallagher, trade Patches for a pick+, and maybe select a player like Zadina 3rd overall that's a really good winger and likely NHL-ready as soon as next year to slot into Gally's old spot. We'd then obtain something like this, with about 14M$ to spend on a C and D.

Drouin-Acquired center-Zadina
Domi-Danault-Scherbak/Lehkonen
Hudon-DLR-Scherbak/Lehkonen
Byron-Deslauriers-Shaw
Not Froese, McCarron

Hanifin-Weber
Acquired D-Petry
Alzner-Benn
Schlemko

Mete and Juulsen in the AHL to learn or on the third pairing if dominant at camp.

Price
Niemi

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
People, when proposing a trade, just make sure it's a 1 for 1 type of deal. Stop adding pics and prospects as this is too complicated for Bergevin, it's unrealistic.

Also make sure that the player in return is a downgrade over the player you are giving up.

For example: Habs trade skilled player (if any left) for player with full of character and intangibles.

Also, make sure the player being acquired plays a position where the team has the most depth.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Dennis Bernstein@DennisTFP
Brian Burke tells me and @thegoldenmuzzy on Off The Rush @SiriusXMNHL he believes Marc Bergevin has identified a couple of centres in this draft that can help #Habs and will trade down in 1st round to select one.
Burke says that player will NOT help Montreal this season
11:53 AM - Jun 16, 2018 · Los Angeles, CA
42 people are talking about this

Oh my ... if the Domi trade was a doozie, imagine MB trading the 3OA. The disaster artist will get owned big time.

He's already set the bar low with his pre-draft trade, he'll get owned if he trades such a high pick and he'll complete the trifecta by throwing dollars at the wrong UFA players. This has the potential to tank the team over more than just next year's draft. It's great news so long as Bergevin is not the one making the picks that he will have helped materialize.

Here's the above message as a twitter media URL:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So I guess Buffalo doesn't see Galchenyuk as that enormously talented up and coming top centre then.

Or maybe Galchenyuk's value was underestimated and the Habs made fatal timing and negotiating errors.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Oh my ... if the Domi trade was a doozie, imagine MB trading the 3OA. The disaster artist will get owned big time.

He's already set the bar low with his pre-draft trade, he'll get owned if he trades such a high pick and he'll complete the trifecta by throwing dollars at the wrong UFA players. This has the potential to tank the team over more than just next year's draft. It's great news so long as Bergevin is not the one making the picks that he will have helped materialize.

Here's the above message as a twitter media URL:

I could see us trading down from 3 to 6 to gain another first, #30, to then draft a center, hopefully Jake Wise.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I always Thought a deal of ROR and Patches helps both teams . I just dont know who adds

The team sending the player with an expiring contract should be adding, if the contract stays as is and the player will not commit to an extension with Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad