Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Lol okay for 95 percent of the season he’s been out scoring Laflamme until recently when Laflamme scored to draw even in points. The fact that a rookie playing on Tampa’s blueline has an equal amount of points as our top line center is both impressive and disturbing at the same time isn’t it?

Ok and?
You said he's outscoring Drouin, but he is not.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
What is the trade value of Jeff Petry? His NMC turns into a modified no trade (15 team list) this year according to some internet digging...

a 1st and a prospect?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Tyler Johnson is another player who may be available. Full NTC July 1st. Pacioretty, 3rd Rd pick for Johnson and d prospect Koekkok?

Seems like a move Julien Brisebois might make, on either team.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
What is the trade value of Jeff Petry? His NMC turns into a modified no trade (15 team list) this year according to some internet digging...

a 1st and a prospect?
I think Price, Weber and Pacioretty should be traded first. Let Petry play another year as your #1 D and see where is value is at.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I think Price, Weber and Pacioretty should be traded first. Let Petry play another year as your #1 D and see where is value is at.

I just say this because this is a career year for him. I wouldn't bet on him repeating this sort of production/play next year. Also he seems easier to trade since any trades involving Weber or Price will have to be block busters.

Reactions: montreal

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Ok most of these are the same answers, and I agree with a lot of them.

Going to change it up, top 5 stupid things I could see Bergevin and this organization doing:

1. Habs win the lottery and promptly trades it for PLD (I’ve said this one before)
2. Habs end up picking in the 5-7 range and take Veleno
3. Signs Stastny to a 5 year $27 million deal.
4. Instead of trading Pacioretty they decide to extend him on a 5 year $32 million deal.
5. Makes no significant organizational changes.

Last edited:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
My dream wish list

-Get Dahlin
-Sign Tavares
-Move Galchenyuk to center

I would then proceed to buy a lottery ticket because the odds of these three things happening are worse than winning the lottery

My ideal list

-Fire J.J and Lefebvre
-Move out bad contracts (Schlemko/Benn/Alzner/Shaw)
-Fix the center problem/Move Drouin to wing

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
#1.
Molson firing Bergevin, hiring the best GM available and stepping down as the team's president.

#2.
After the draft, fire the entire pro and amateur scouting group, drastically increase the amount of money going towards and hire the best scouts available.

#3.
Price, Weber and Pacioretty traded. Its unfortunate that Weber just went through surgery so i doubt it happens. I have a feeling Weber might get traded back to Nashville at some point anyways. The other 2 are done with Montreal anyways.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I wonder what we could do with Price to the Canes. They got the cap space, and we can take back Darling.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If you get Tavares you definitely hang onto those other guys. It wouldn't make sense not to. But then you've got to go and add to the blueline in a big way.

Don't worry, it won't happen.

Not necessarily. You can still make hockey trades, rather than rental trades. If the habs somehow land tavares, you can still trade pacioretty, for example.... it wouldn't necessarily be strictly for futures though.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was being facetious when I posted that.

But now that we’re on it, he’s struggled greatly after a very hot start on a team with the most prolific offence. So yes he had huge amount of potential but he’s not terribly good at actual defence yet.

he doesn't have to be if he can continue to improve his offensive game. He's got some very interesting tools, and certainly is looking like a top future top pairing D. You just don't trade that kind of talent imo.

Completley different set of circumstances lol

He compares well with Subban imo. Both from the OHL, skating, speed, strength, compact frames, big shots, ability to move the puck, questions about their defensive play at a young age.

To be fair we are also calling Shea Weber washed up and untradeable... we are all over the place here!!

It's very difficult to try and guess where his trade value is. 7.857,143 cap hit likely puts him out of range of many teams unless the Habs retain. Owed 30M over the next 8 years although just 6M in the final 4 years and one has to wonder if he wouldn't retire by then depending on how bad the foot injury is since he'll turn 33 this summer it's hard to say how much more abuse his body can take over the next several years.

He seems to put up 40-50+ pts each year but we don't know how much impact his foot injury will have on him as he's already one of the slower players that might get even slower. Teams may not want to risk that contract at least until they know where his game is at. To be honest I haven't really paid much attention to the reports on his injury other then I know it's his foot and he's not likely to play this season so I'm sure the Habs will at least get some kind of insurance money for his 12M salary he made to play 26 games.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I wonder what we could do with Price to the Canes. They got the cap space, and we can take back Darling.

Yeesh. Darling is a career backup whose contract probably cost Francis his job. There's a team that purged the Hawks, but from the bottom, except for Teravainen. Price is still considered one of the best goalies in the world. If you are going to replace him, at least do it with Corey Crawford.

Montreal, I hate to break people's hearts, are showing signs of a rebound team. They are already young at a forward.

Could have 3 defensemen under 25 in the starting lineup next year.

But that rebound is contingent on Price and Weber bouncing back. And getting an NHL top 6 centre in return for Pacioretty. If it were a new GM (Brisebois) and new captain, I think there would be more reason for optimism.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Yeesh. Darling is a career backup whose contract probably cost Francis his job. There's a team that purged the Hawks, but from the bottom, except for Teravainen. Price is still considered one of the best goalies in the world. If you are going to replace him, at least do it with Corey Crawford.

Montreal, I hate to break people's hearts, are showing signs of a rebound team. They are already young at a forward.

Could have 3 defensemen under 25 in the starting lineup next year.

But that rebound is contingent on Price and Weber bouncing back. And getting an NHL top 6 centre in return for Pacioretty. If it were a new GM (Brisebois) and new captain, I think there would be more reason for optimism.

I still can't believe Bergevin gave the Hawks two 2nds for Shaw, when Terravainen was available for a 2nd and a 3rd and taking on Bickell's contract for one year. smh.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
N

No way we don't get a 1st out of TB for this.

Johnson is a 20 goal scorer, younger than Patches, with term. He's a centre, which is the position of need in Montreal. Would likely slot between Drouin and Danault. You hear that Bergevin was asking for Trochek. Trochek is a better player. But with Pacioretty only having a year left, I think the bargaining power is reduced. Koekkok was a 1st, but behind Hedman, Mc Donaugh, Coburn/Sergachev he is not likely to play much in Tampa. A 1st may be too much, but a prospect like Raddysh or Joseph might not be. Bolts are strong up the middle for years to come.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If the Canadiens mandate were to compete this year, the Canadiens could sign Stastny.

If their mandate is not to be competitive next year, they'll be wasting a critical season when it comes to older players like Price and Weber, who are at the core of this team. I can't see how they'll be retooling for an extended period if both Price and Weber continue being with the team. The word they're using is a "reset" and Molson himself showed their colors in his recent HabsTV clip where I believe Molson claims they've had a "bad year". So, IMHO, Stastny has to be in the equation if they miss out on Tavares.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Tyler Johnson is another player who may be available. Full NTC July 1st. Pacioretty, 3rd Rd pick for Johnson and d prospect Koekkok?

Seems like a move Julien Brisebois might make, on either team.
No freaking way. Patches - although I dislike him - is worth more than Johnson.

Reactions: KawaYui

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I like Johnson but to me he really seems like the kind of guy that needs to be insulated to be effective. Without a #1 center, I don't think we could get the most out of him.

I'd also rather target picks and prospects for Pacioretty.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
If their mandate is not to be competitive next year, they'll be wasting a critical season when it comes to older players like Price and Weber, who are at the core of this team. I can't see how they'll be retooling for an extended period if both Price and Weber continue being with the team. The word they're using is a "reset" and Molson himself showed their colors in his recent HabsTV clip where I believe Molson claims they've had a "bad year". So, IMHO, Stastny has to be in the equation if they miss out on Tavares.
Not that I want Habs to sign Stastny, but he will never sign here. He only wants to play in usa.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not that I want Habs to sign Stastny, but he will never sign here. He only wants to play in usa.

Takes care of that. I wonder who Bergevin will be able to land, in that case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce