Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Well, since Hedman anyways...
He is the best defensive talent since Hedman. But in term of current hype and projection at the same age it's still Dahlin in a landslide. We will see about his future and he could dissapoint but if you put Hedman and Dahlin in the same draft year, Dahlin would go first.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If the Canadiens mandate were to compete this year, the Canadiens could sign Stastny.

Then trade for a young centre. Domi for Scherbak, Mc Carron and Lindgren, giving Arizona cap space to acquired retired or injured players.

Trade a 2nd for Jay Bowmeester, who is on is his last legs, but would make a towering pairing with Weber for one season at least.

Pacioretty would not be such a downer with a centre like Stastny in town. 40 goals maybe playing wing with him and JD.

Drouin because of the talent in front of him gets sent to the 2nd PP, and has to play his way back to the 1st unit. Or just produce.

Domi leads the PK. Making it easier on Danault and DeLaRose. Poehling develops in DeLaRose's place and the is room to develop a winger like Addison for the 4th.

Bowmeester also leads the PK.

With health that's a playoff team. And a contender.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
If the Canadiens mandate were to compete this year, the Canadiens could sign Stastny.

Then trade for a young centre. Domi for Scherbak, Mc Carron and Lindgren, giving Arizona cap space to acquired retired or injured players.

Trade a 2nd for Jay Bowmeester, who is on is his last legs, but would make a towering pairing with Weber for one season at least.

Pacioretty would not be such a downer with a centre like Stastny in town. 40 goals maybe playing wing with him and JD.

Drouin because of the talent in front of him gets sent to the 2nd PP, and has to play his way back to the 1st unit. Or just produce.

Domi leads the PK. Making it easier on Danault and DeLaRose. Poehling develops in DeLaRose's place and the is room to develop a winger like Addison for the 4th.

stasny is terrible. falling stats for 5 straight years. no stasny, certainly not more than a year or two

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
stasny is terrible. falling stats for 5 straight years. no stasny, certainly not more than a year or two
Assuming Stastny plays between Galchenyuk and Drouin, there is nothing wrong with what he brings to the table. He's not going to be a traditional #1 centre but he doesn't need to be in that situation. He just needs to not be a black hole in the offensive zone and be responsible defensively.

If we drafted Whalstrom as a RW'er with Pacioretty and Stastny, I'd be okay with that, too.

Reactions: voyageur

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
Statsny could be great for 3ish years but knowing MB he could offer him 7 years 7+mil lol

As someone above said he could fit between Chucky and Drouin . Statsny is good defensively i believe and could stabalize them and let them do their thing .

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
How about we pick Dahlin, sign Tavares, trade pacio for a solid top C, and go with

Chuck - Tavares - Gally
Drouin - Pacio's trade - Lehkonen/Scherbak
Hudon - Danault - Lehkonen/Scherbak
xx - xx - xx

Dahlin - Weber
Mete - Petry
XX - Juulsen

notes:
Trade away Alzner - Shaw. Still have plenty money in da bank.
+ Lil Uzi Peohling could surprise us in camp, he's having an amazing NCAA season.
+ Evans could easily slot 4c instead of DEstroyer of offense La Rose.
+ Give the C to Gallagher ffs.
+ Plekanec could be an option @ 1.xM per on the 4th? we have da money. 1year. let him have his 1000games

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015

Arizona fans have repeated said that Domi is simply not a centre at the NHL level, so this likely isn't a smart move for us.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Statsny could be great for 3ish years but knowing MB he could offer him 7 years 7+mil lol

As someone above said he could fit between Chucky and Drouin . Statsny is good defensively i believe and could stabalize them and let them do their thing .

Reminder that Plekanec fell off a cliff at 33 and Stastny is 32. We have no idea for how long Stastny will be a strong 2C, but there's no guarantee it will be long. There's a reason he was given 4 years and why St. Louis rented him out.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
How many times does this fan base have to see trading top prospects does not usually work out, yet alone someone of Dahlin’s caliber.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Arizona fans have repeated said that Domi is simply not a centre at the NHL level, so this likely isn't a smart move for us.

I didn't know there were fans in Arizona. He meets the criteria, being an above average skater, and a puck mover. I think he'd be easier to coach than Drouin. He looked good in Montreal wearing the team Canada colours.

I think you could spread it out too with more talent.

Pacioretty-Stastny-Galchenyuk as your scoring line, face the hardest matchups on the road.

Lehkonen-Domi-Gallagher skate you into the ground.

Hudon-Danault-Drouin
French connection

Deslauriers-DLR-Shaw
Heavy hitters

I agree about Stastny being buyer beware, anything over 4 years is wasting money, you don't want to get stuck with Zetterberg and Hossa contracts. I can tell you from my own hockey days that 35 is the age where the wheels start to fall off. That is where conditioning is the key.

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I didn't know there were fans in Arizona. He meets the criteria, being an above average skater, and a puck mover. I think he'd be easier to coach than Drouin. He looked good in Montreal wearing the team Canada colours.

I think you could spread it out too with more talent.

Pacioretty-Stastny-Galchenyuk as your scoring line, face the hardest matchups on the road.

Lehkonen-Domi-Gallagher skate you into the ground.

Hudon-Danault-Drouin
French connection

Deslauriers-DLR-Shaw
Heavy hitters

I agree about Stastny being buyer beware, anything over 4 years is wasting money, you don't want to get stuck with Zetterberg and Hossa contracts. I can tell you from my own hockey days that 35 is the age where the wheels start to fall off. That is where conditioning is the key.

But so did Drouin. Fast, more of a playmaker, highly skilled. Domi's probably worse than Drouin defensively. I don't mind Drouin at C if he's sheltered, but adding another pseudo C into the mix just makes everything worse for us IMO...

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
1) Resign Hemsky for 3 more years
2) Hire/Promote more friends and family, all management gets raises (Bonuses too)
3) Trade that dirty russian Alex G. and raise ticket prices.....

oh crap sorry I though it was what 3 moves Molson/Marc would like to see happen this summer , and instead it should be mine.

1) Fire Marc then Give the scouts/ Yes men a simple test and ask the question " Would you rather have Hemsky and Alzner or Radulove and Markov" If they hesitate for any more then 1 second, fired.
2) MOLSON can GTFO of hockey and hire a "whatever you want to call yourself" of hockey who can then clean out the entire farm team.
3) Lower ticket prices for all fans to show you actually give a shit about the team. Set up some charity stuff to allow more low income families to actually attend a game instead of a bunch of shills in suits to breathe some life back into the bell center. .......................................................... and trade patches!

yeah, its more then 3 moves... but I dunt give a care!!! :handclap:

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
In a hypothetical crazy world where we win Dahlin and MB trades him ... Lol

Can you imagine being known as a GM who traded Sergachev Subban and Dahlin.... Two of them under 20 and Subban 26yr old lolol

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
In a hypothetical crazy world where we win Dahlin and MB trades him ... Lol

Can you imagine being known as a GM who traded Sergachev Subban and Dahlin.... Two of them under 20 and Subban 26yr old lolol

As dumb as he is he will not do it
He is arrogant and a type of person that will never come out and say I made a mistake
But I do think he has learned and will not deal another franchise D away

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If Fenton becomes GM of Carolina, and that would be their guy I think, still a chance to get Brisebois. With the way things are degenerating with Bergevin around, I wonder if it would not be a good time to bring Bob Gainey back as president of the team. His name and number in the building, he represents the Canadiens, with honour at every level. With that kind of honour back in the franchise, a guy who can walk into a room full of players and say something inspirational to them, and someone who understands the game, is that the person that would be ideal to insulate Molson from management?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
If Fenton becomes GM of Carolina, and that would be their guy I think, still a chance to get Brisebois. With the way things are degenerating with Bergevin around, I wonder if it would not be a good time to bring Bob Gainey back as president of the team. His name and number in the building, he represents the Canadiens, with honour at every level. With that kind of honour back in the franchise, a guy who can walk into a room full of players and say something inspirational to them, and someone who understands the game, is that the person that would be ideal to insulate Molson from management?

Assuming Brisebois wants the job. He's a pretty popular name for potential GM openings, he can afford to be choosy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad