Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Say we end up with the 5th overall pick after the lottery, what would we realistically have to give up to get the 1st overall pick or is it not even possible given Dahlin's ceiling?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Say we end up with the 5th overall pick after the lottery, what would we realistically have to give up to get the 1st overall pick or is it not even possible given Dahlin's ceiling?

Its not even possible. Both because of Dahlin's ceiling and Montreal's complete lack of core building block pieces.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Johnson is a 20 goal scorer, younger than Patches, with term. He's a centre, which is the position of need in Montreal. Would likely slot between Drouin and Danault. You hear that Bergevin was asking for Trochek. Trochek is a better player. But with Pacioretty only having a year left, I think the bargaining power is reduced. Koekkok was a 1st, but behind Hedman, Mc Donaugh, Coburn/Sergachev he is not likely to play much in Tampa. A 1st may be too much, but a prospect like Raddysh or Joseph might not be. Bolts are strong up the middle for years to come.
Johnson is a player you want if Yzerman wants to move him before his NTC kicks in because he knows he has lots of RFA's coming up in the next few summers like Kucherov,Point,Sergachev,Vasilevskiy and if you get him for just a low salary player like Hudon at 650,000 and Johnson has had some big playoffs.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
If their mandate is not to be competitive next year, they'll be wasting a critical season when it comes to older players like Price and Weber, who are at the core of this team. I can't see how they'll be retooling for an extended period if both Price and Weber continue being with the team. The word they're using is a "reset" and Molson himself showed their colors in his recent HabsTV clip where I believe Molson claims they've had a "bad year". So, IMHO, Stastny has to be in the equation if they miss out on Tavares.

They had a feature last night during the Jets-Preds game on Paul's dad Peter being smuggled out of Czechoslovakia, through the Canadian embassy in Innsbruck, Austria. Dangerously surrounded by Communist agents. Beginning his NHL career in Quebec, with his brother Marian following him, forming the best family line, game changing, in hockey history. Really compelling stuff.

Paul I think would play in Canada, honouring his father's path.

A top 6 of

Galchenyuk-Stastny-Scherbak
Drouin-Johnson-Gallagher

would make the Canadiens competitive next season.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
One of the teams I identified as being a possible trading partner was Carolina, even though they are a bubble team. My reasoning was that from what I had read, the Canes new owner wanted play offs this year. So I thought a deal could be had for a D , specifically Noah Hanifin.

Now I view Hanifin as a top pair D if not no.1 D in the making, though he is on the 2nd pairing now. This would also open the door to trading Weber while he still has value.

Canes did zip. And Francis was relieved of his GM position.

No question the next GMs marching order is to make the play offs. No question. We really need to look hard at this team to see about making a deal that can help is into the future. If not for Hanifin then for other pieces even if just top prospects to build our talent pool up.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
One of the teams I identified as being a possible trading partner was Carolina, even though they are a bubble team. My reasoning was that from what I had read, the Canes new owner wanted play offs this year. So I thought a deal could be had for a D , specifically Noah Hanifin.

Now I view Hanifin as a top pair D if not no.1 D in the making, though he is on the 2nd pairing now. This would also open the door to trading Weber while he still has value.

Canes did zip. And Francis was relieved of his GM position.

No question the next GMs marching order is to make the play offs. No question. We really need to look hard at this team to see about making a deal that can help is into the future. If not for Hanifin then for other pieces even if just top prospects to build our talent pool up.

New owner wants to be like Mark Cuban apparently. So, how long before he's on TV and standing on the bench yelling at refs?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I'd try something like Pacioretty for Lucic and RNH. Get a proven, Stanley-Cup winner winger with grit. Then I'd try anything to get Andrew Ladd from the Islanders, maybe Galchenyuk for Ladd and Adam Pelech. Good LH dman with size. Re-sign Plekanec and we're good to go.

Lucic - RNH - Drouin
Ladd - Danault - Byron
Shaw - Plekanec - Gallagher
Moen - Froese - Lehkonen

Pelech - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Mete - Benn

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I'd try something like Pacioretty for Lucic and RNH. Get a proven, Stanley-Cup winner winger with grit. Then I'd try anything to get Andrew Ladd from the Islanders, maybe Galchenyuk for Ladd and Adam Pelech. Good LH dman with size. Re-sign Plekanec and we're good to go.

Lucic - RNH - Drouin
Ladd - Danault - Byron
Moen - Froese - Lehkonen

Pelech - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Mete - Benn

Marc is that u

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Lucic - RNH - Drouin
Ladd - Danault - Byron
Moen - Froese - Lehkonen

Pelech - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Mete - Benn
You dint think we have enough bad contracts?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
New owner wants to be like Mark Cuban apparently. So, how long before he's on TV and standing on the bench yelling at refs?

Who cares as long as his need for gratification right now gets us a good deal for assets he has.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

Lucic - RNH - Drouin
Ladd - Danault - Byron
Moen - Froese - Lehkonen

Pelech - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Mete - Benn
What is the point of this?
Price, Weber, Alzner, Ladd, Lucic all past their prime and highly overpaid.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Lucic - RNH - Drouin
Ladd - Danault - Byron
Moen - Froese - Lehkonen

Pelech - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Mete - Benn

Are we trying to go for Hughes and Lafreniere in back-to-back drafts?

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
I like how our wingers are shaping up next year. We are missing key pieces namely 1C 2C and 1LD. They need to be big name players too. Marc has his work cut out for him and I think it’s evident after the experiments of Chucky and Drouin blowing up in his face he needs to find two legit centres.

Chucky 1C Gallagher
Drouin 2C Sherback
Hudon Danault Byron
Deslauriers Plekanec Carr

1LD Weber
Mete Petry
Alzner Juulsen

His can be a contending lineup if the pieces are:
Tavares, RNH, Dahlin

Given it’s unlikely we get more than RNH then I guess the backup plan should be Statsny if Tavares doesn’t sign. I’m at a loss for the 1LD if we don’t win the lottery.

Reactions: Habs Icing

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Question from a non-Montreal fan. Would there ever be a possibility of Montreal moving on from both Price and Weber?
I'm not someone who looks at them as cap dumps.
I avoided posting this on the main board because I know everyone swoops in and calls them cap dumps because of their expensive contracts but I think over the next couple years both will be elite and worth the money they are making. The end of those contracts not so much. But it seems like the team in Montreal simply isn't built correctly and needs a rebuild (again outside fan, if I'm wrong my apologies).
So do you think Montreal would move them?
What about something like a strong 2/3 defencemen and decent goalie as immediate replacements and then some combo of high picks (1sts), blue chip prospects etc?

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Question from a non-Montreal fan. Would there ever be a possibility of Montreal moving on from both Price and Weber?
I'm not someone who looks at them as cap dumps.
I avoided posting this on the main board because I know everyone swoops in and calls them cap dumps because of their expensive contracts but I think over the next couple years both will be elite and worth the money they are making. The end of those contracts not so much. But it seems like the team in Montreal simply is built correctly and needs a rebuild (again outside fan, if I'm wrong my apologies).
So do you think Montreal would move them?
What about something like a strong 2/3 defencemen and decent goalie as immediate replacements and then some combo of high picks (1sts), blue chip prospects etc?
I assume this is for both?
What is the other team involved in the trade?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I like how our wingers are shaping up next year. We are missing key pieces namely 1C 2C and 1LD. They need to be big name players too. Marc has his work cut out for him and I think it’s evident after the experiments of Chucky and Drouin blowing up in his face he needs to find two legit centres.

Chucky 1C Gallagher
Drouin 2C Sherback
Hudon Danault Byron
Deslauriers Plekanec Carr
Did you send Lehkonen back to Finland?

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
I assume this is for both?
What is the other team involved in the trade?

I am a Vancouver fan. So I would try to do it without trading Petterson or 2018 1st but I understand if Montreal says no to that. Maybe something around

Markstrom (Replacement Starter) - Much cheaper than Price but clearly not as good
Tanev (RD) - Very good defenceman but a step or two below Weber, much cheaper
1st 2019
2nd 2018
If you'd like any of Hutton or MDZ (I don't see them as much value though)
Blue chip prospect not named Petterson (Gaudette, Juolevi etc available)

I don't know if this gets it done but I value it as a decent package. Again I could be wrong, just spitballing here

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
I am a Vancouver fan. So I would try to do it without trading Petterson or 2018 1st but I understand if Montreal says no to that. Maybe something around

Markstrom (Replacement Starter) - Much cheaper than Price but clearly not as good
1st 2019
2nd 2018

I don't know if this gets it done but I value it as a decent package. Again I could be wrong, just spitballing here

I want Horvat + Juolevi + 1st for one of Weber or Price

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver

1st 2019
2nd 2018

For Price and Weber i would start at Thatcher Demko, Jolli Juolevi, Kole Lind/Adam Gaudette, Petrus Palmu, Nikita Tryamkin, 2nd 2018 and 2019 1st.

I have no interests in the players you mentionned.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017

1st 2019
2nd 2018

Going to Vancouver..
Price (no salary retained) for Eriksson, Sutter, Markstrom, Thatcher Demko, 2019 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad