Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habfan10

May 16, 2015
I think Price, Weber and Pacioretty should be traded first. Let Petry play another year as your #1 D and see where is value is at.
Why do people mention Price in trade speculation. He now has a full no trade clause and makes 10.5 million going forward. He is not going anywhere.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
For Price and Weber i would start at Thatcher Demko, Jolli Juolevi, Kole Lind/Adam Gaudette, Petrus Palmu, Nikita Tryamkin, 2nd 2018 and 2019 1st.

I have no interests in the players you mentionned.

I have a hard time seeing the Canucks trading their 1st round pick in 2019, the draft they are hosting, even for Price. No guarantees that Price alone gets the Nucks into the playoffs. They have a lot of building to do. But the players you suggested are a good combination of a potential asking price. If the Canucks got a lottery pick, maybe swap picks to draft up. Doubt they'd put Dahlin on the table, but Zadina yes, to draft down. Add another 2019 pick (2nd) , and 2020 (2nd).

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Why do people mention Price in trade speculation. He now has a full no trade clause and makes 10.5 million going forward. He is not going anywhere.
Its better for the organization to trade Price so they can start a much needed rebuild and for Price since i dont think he wouldn't mind start somewhere new. Price will never live up to his contract in Montreal.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
I'm sending Alzner to the AHL too since Mike Reilly seems to be a great bottom pairing addition.

Chucky 1C Gallagher
Drouin 2C Sherback
Hudon Danault Byron
Deslauriers Plekanec Carr

1LD Weber
Mete Petry
Reilly Juulsen

Yoshidas Island

TY for the memories Yosh :'(
Jan 2, 2015
I think if we keep Max Pacioretty, Tyler Johnson needs to be the player we go for. I think Johnson is the perfect fit for a player like Pacioretty. He can keep up, and also do all of the entry work to dish it off for Pacioretty (on the rush or in the zone). Throw Gallagher on that line and I think it'd be successful.

Pacioretty - Johnson - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Drouin - Scherbak
Hudon - Danault - Lehkonen
Deslauriers - De La Rose - Shaw/Carr

The second and third lines can be assorted to whatever makes the most sense, and while we're still weak in the middle, it's an improvement from this season.
I don't have a good gauge on his price, but in this hypothetical I'd send back Byron + futures.

Even if we don't keep Pacioretty, Johnson is still a good target.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
If the Rangers sign Tavares this summer a center like Zibanejad could be moved to clear cap space,Rangers still have Namestnikov,Hayes and Spooner.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
If there is a player Montreal likes when the Islanders are drafting ....what would it cost to get that 1st round pick around 9th or 10th overall,the Islanders still have another 1st round pick they got from Calgary in the Hamonic deal.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Question from a non-Montreal fan. Would there ever be a possibility of Montreal moving on from both Price and Weber?
I'm not someone who looks at them as cap dumps.
I avoided posting this on the main board because I know everyone swoops in and calls them cap dumps because of their expensive contracts but I think over the next couple years both will be elite and worth the money they are making. The end of those contracts not so much. But it seems like the team in Montreal simply isn't built correctly and needs a rebuild (again outside fan, if I'm wrong my apologies).
So do you think Montreal would move them?
What about something like a strong 2/3 defencemen and decent goalie as immediate replacements and then some combo of high picks (1sts), blue chip prospects etc?
I think the Canucks should hold onto their prospects and picks. You guys are basically in the same boat as the Habs. Both teams should be doing a complete rebuild. All you’ll get for asks on Price/Weber are for your top prospects and high picks, something you can’t afford to offer if you plan on doing a proper rebuild. Both Price and Weber should go to teams that consider themselves a player or two away from contending. Cheers.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think if we keep Max Pacioretty, Tyler Johnson needs to be the player we go for. I think Johnson is the perfect fit for a player like Pacioretty. He can keep up, and also do all of the entry work to dish it off for Pacioretty (on the rush or in the zone). Throw Gallagher on that line and I think it'd be successful.

Pacioretty - Johnson - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Drouin - Scherbak
Hudon - Danault - Lehkonen
Deslauriers - De La Rose - Shaw/Carr

The second and third lines can be assorted to whatever makes the most sense, and while we're still weak in the middle, it's an improvement from this season.
I don't have a good gauge on his price, but in this hypothetical I'd send back Byron + futures.

Even if we don't keep Pacioretty, Johnson is still a good target.

Trading for Johnson and keeping Pacioretty will ensure this team stays as mediocre as possible. No thanks to either.

Johnson isn’t even a centre anymore with Tampa.

philipsson

Jan 12, 2014
I'd try something like Pacioretty for Lucic and RNH. Get a proven, Stanley-Cup winner winger with grit. Then I'd try anything to get Andrew Ladd from the Islanders, maybe Galchenyuk for Ladd and Adam Pelech. Good LH dman with size. Re-sign Plekanec and we're good to go.

Lucic - RNH - Drouin
Ladd - Danault - Byron
Shaw - Plekanec - Gallagher
Moen - Froese - Lehkonen

Pelech - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Mete - Benn

Pacio for RNH + might be not that bad, but I won't do that personally. However, that trade involving Galchenyuk for Ladd just made me puke in my mouth. Why the heck would you want Ladd ?

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
For Price and Weber i would start at Thatcher Demko, Jolli Juolevi, Kole Lind/Adam Gaudette, Petrus Palmu, Nikita Tryamkin, 2nd 2018 and 2019 1st.

I have no interests in the players you mentionned.

I'd do something along those lines to be honest. I feel with a few shrewd moves (likes this one) the canucks could be in a decent position quicker than people think. I'd do everything but Tryamkin in the trade above (Tryamkin is signed in Russia for two more years, so he really wouldn't hold much if any value to most GMs currently either way I don't think). Ie

Demko
Juolevi
Lind
Palmu
2nd 2018
1st 2019

for
Price
Weber
(both at full salary)

I'd also send Markstrom or Nillson back if you want a goalie for the time being. Demko is a few years away.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
He's certainly more of a centre than Drouin or Galchenyuk, he's only playing wing because they literally have 5 players in the Top 6 that can play centre.

what I would give to see the following line tonight:

Scherbak Galchenyuk Hudon

Let's see Galchenyuk at center with two offensive players. Let's see if they can't pick up the two way game.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
If we moved Patches for RNH, and signed Statsny to a reasonable deal, we'd have our fwd group pretty well set up...

Drouin - RNH - Galch
Lekhonen - Statsny - Scherbak
Hudon - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - JDR - Deslauriers

Then focus on moving Shaw & Alzner to free up cap space and go find a LHD that can skate & move the puck to pair with Weber....

LHD - Weber
Mete/Reilly - Petry
Benn/Reilly - Juulsen

That could work provided the young players continue progressing positively, Weber comes healthy and rested & Price gets back to MVP level.

Reactions: Dannyhab

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
If we moved Patches for RNH, and signed Statsny to a reasonable deal, we'd have our fwd group pretty well set up...

Drouin - RNH - Galch

Then focus on moving Shaw & Alzner to free up cap space and go find a LHD that can skate & move the puck to pair with Weber....

LHD - Weber
Mete/Reilly - Petry
Benn/Reilly - Juulsen

That could work provided the young players continue progressing positively, Weber comes healthy and rested & Price gets back to MVP level.

This is pretty much what needs to happen. This is plan B actually. Plan A is Tavares instead of Statsny. Plan (letter before A) is drafting Dahlin.

Reactions: Miller Time

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017

Drouin - RNH - Galch

LHD - Weber
Mete/Reilly - Petry
Benn/Reilly - Juulsen

RNH is not anywhere close to a #1 center he is bad on draws,not physical,and we saw him in the playoffs last year....he was awful.....Montreal needs to aim a lot higher than RNH if you actually want to win the cup.

Jul 6, 2016
Sign Tavares as your #1 centerman. Trade for RNH and make him your second line center. Play Danault where he belongs at centre on the 3rd line....

That would be awesome.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Sign Tavares as your #1 centerman. Trade for RNH and make him your second line center. Play Danault where he belongs at centre on the 3rd line....

That would be awesome.
Yes,if you have a true #1 like Tavares then anybody like RNH,Stastny,Bozak fit as a #2.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Another center who could be traded at the draft is Matt Duchene i doubt that Melnyk is going to pay him that kind of big contract.......Duchene always good on draws he got off to a really slow start in Ottawa but in 2018 he has 31 points in 32 games.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
RNH is not anywhere close to a #1 center he is bad on draws,not physical,and we saw him in the playoffs last year....he was awful.....Montreal needs to aim a lot higher than RNH if you actually want to win the cup.

I disagree, granted I'm more bullish on RNH than most...

He's improved his overall game steadily since coming into the league, and his effectiveness is tied to vision, hockey sense and compete level vs physical traits... Imo he has the makeup of a player who will continue to improve well into his late 20's and likely peak much later than most fwds.

Given that he's already a very good #2, I suspect he'll be a top 20 C in the league over the next 5-7 seasons. Getting a fresh start away from the oilers will help as well.

It's not a top 5C , sure, good luck landing a Crosby, Matthews, McDavid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad