Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I would be ecstatic if we do Pacioretty for 10th overall straight up.

Then thrown in a pick to move from 10th to 9th and we are guarenteed another dahlin, svech, zadina, dobson, boqvist, hughes, tkachuk, walhstrom or kotkaniemi.

Only way oilers does this is if they can re-sign Patch at a decent cap hit.

Edit: Actually nvm I dont even think oilers can afford Pacioretty at 6 million. They are in a bad cap situation.

Last edited:

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta

Then thrown in a pick to move from 10th to 9th and we are guarenteed another dahlin, svech, zadina, dobson, boqvist, hughes, tkachuk, walhstrom or kotkaniemi.

Edit: Actually nvm I dont even think oilers can afford Pacioretty at 6 million. They are in a bad cap situation.

Easily solved. All the Oilers have to do is keep the 10th overall pick and take Max and the 3rd overall for Draisaitl and Nurse. Voila, no more cap issues.

Reactions: scrubadam

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Pete Chiarelli did trade two franchise players for moderate players.

Boston Bruins traded Tyler Seguin, Rich Peverley and Ryan Button to the Dallas Stars for Loui Eriksson, Joe Morrow, Reilly Smith, and Matt Fraser.

Seguin I would say is a franchise Center. Peverley was a very good top 9 forward until concussions and injuries cost him his career.
Eriksson left for Vancouver 16 months later. Smith was traded Jimmy Hayes who was later released. Morrow signed with Montreal never made an impact.

Edmonton Oilers traded Adam Larsson to the New Jersey Devils for Taylor Hall.

It’s equivalent to if NYI is to trade us John Tavares for Karl Alzner 5 years ago when Alzner and Tavares were younger.

So anything can happen.

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
I would do it just for Nurse. But why would Edmonton make that trade?

Klefbom+10th is much more realistic.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Beezeral

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
There has to be another piece from the Habs going the other way.

Edit: DAVID STAPLES, EDMONTON JOURNAL wroth the article. He clearly trolled the Habs and claims that we started the rumor?

At least someone else actually read the article.

That article simply states a bunch of low end "journalists" started the rumour with speculation of where to trade Pacioretty and for what.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This is a bit whacky and not reality based so please just indulge me (or flame me, either works ;) ).

What are the two latest draft picks (as a pair) you’d accept for Pacioretty and Petry (as a pair)?

Silly question, I know. So for example, I assume you’d accept picks #2 & #4. I also assume you would NOT accept picks #47 & #92.

So how low would you go?

#19+#34? #14+#59? #25+#30?

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
This is a bit whacky and not reality based so please just indulge me (or flame me, either works ;) ).

What are the two latest draft picks (as a pair) you’d accept for Pacioretty and Petry (as a pair)?

Silly question, I know. So for example, I assume you’d accept picks #2 & #4. I also assume you would NOT accept picks #47 & #92.

So how low would you go?

#19+#34? #14+#59? #25+#30?

It's going to take more than 2 draft picks to get both Patch and Petry.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Pete Chiarelli did trade two franchise players for moderate players.

Boston Bruins traded Tyler Seguin, Rich Peverley and Ryan Button to the Dallas Stars for Loui Eriksson, Joe Morrow, Reilly Smith, and Matt Fraser.

Seguin I would say is a franchise Center. Peverley was a very good top 9 forward until concussions and injuries cost him his career.
Eriksson left for Vancouver 16 months later. Smith was traded Jimmy Hayes who was later released. Morrow signed with Montreal never made an impact.

Edmonton Oilers traded Adam Larsson to the New Jersey Devils for Taylor Hall.

It’s equivalent to if NYI is to trade us John Tavares for Karl Alzner 5 years ago when Alzner and Tavares were younger.

So anything can happen.

As awful as those two deals were, the 15th pick (Barzal) for Reinhart was pure insanity.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

What if we have to take Lucic? Maybe EDM adds another pick or player or takes back Shaw?

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
You probably misspelled in your rage...
LOL as if the guy is enraged.

would love to get the 10th overall for Pac.
For a UFA 30 years old? I'd f***ing do backflips. And then hurt my back.

Clearly sounds like it.

Patch is a better player than JVR.

Trade Patch, I don't care but there's no need to sign JVR for 6 years! The guy's a worse version of Patch!
Actually I came back to Canada this year and saw 4 live Laffs games. JVR goes to the net, all the time. I really like him as a player. He's big, strong and he finishes.

Well, not needing to re-sign Nurse will clear some Cap room to potentially re-sign Pacioretty, but I don't think he would re-sign there and, from EDM fans I know, Pacioretty is not up high on their wish list. If he'd had 2 more years on his contract, maybe....
Yeah well that was at the deadline last year. It was pretty f***ing obvious that that then was the time to trade him.

Another massive cockup by Bergevin. Man Patches really helped in the late drive to the playoffs this spring though.

Bergevin. What a f***ing idiot. I actually made this opinion finally at that deadline.

It was his last chance for me.

would love to get the 10th overall for Pac.
Habs will have to chuck in something else. And knowing Bergy, it would be Poehling. Who becomes one of the best 2C in the NHL in three years.

Pacioretty (extended 5yr $7.25m)
Alzner
Lindgren
1st round (3rd)
3rd round (66th)
Rights to C.Fleury
--VS--
Ekman-Larsson (extended 7yr $8.25m)
Panik
1st round (5th)
6th round (158th)

Galchenyuk
Scherbak
McNiven
2nd round 2019
--VS--
Trocheck
3rd round 2019

Sign Stastny 2yr $7m
Sign Perron 5yr $5m

Schlemko Buyout/Waivers

Drouin-Stastny-Perron
Lehkonen-Trocheck-Wahlstrom
Byron-Danault-Gallagher
Hudon-delaRose-Shaw
Deslauriers-Panik

OEL-Weber
Mete-Petry
Benn-Juulsen
Reilly
It's like the new kid at the office trying to make an impression.

You can make this a standard reply by the way.

Well, from a PR standpoint, it is a lot more exciting for Stars fans to hear : '' We have a trade to announce'' and grab a elite forward in Pacioretty who's impact will be immediate instead of drafting a teenager in mid 1st.
Don't think the fans in Dallas are that dumb.

As a pro-tank guy, here's what I'm hoping for next year:

Trade Pacioretty for the 15th overall + Mascherin. Draft Ty Smith at 15th overall, draft Kotkaniemi at 3rd.

Sign Antoine Vermette @ 1 year, 1.25M. Sign JVR at 6 years @ 6M to replace Pacioretty. Sign Thomas Hickey 2 years @ 2.5M. Re-sign Froese, Cracknell, Danault, Carr, Rychel, Mac, Gregoire.

Line-up for next year (with Byron and Shaw injured):

JVR - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Danault - Drouin
Hudon - DLR - Scherbak
Deslauriers - Vermette - Carr
Froese

Reilly - Weber
Hickey - Petry
Alzner - Lernout
Benn - Schlemko

Price
Niemi

AHL

Rychel - Evans - Cracknell
Mascherin - Audette- McCarron
Addison - Vejdemo - Bitten
Alain - Verbeek - Gregoire
Pezzetta - Waked

Taormina - Juulsen
Mete - Fleury
Sklenicka - Moravcik
Plant

Lindgren
McNiven

ECHL

Bourque

At the deadline trade Benn, Byron, Vermette and Niemi. Call-up Mete or Juulsen.

A sneaky tank with long term benefits.

JVR keeps the casual fan in play, and better right now than Max anyway. In fact he might help when contending in 3 years. While Max will be golfing.

Vermette new home town favourite. Whatever. Fans excited.

Keep the casual fan excited and paying for beer while tanking and drafting high.

I really like this approach. Cynical, sneaky and might work.

(With Byron and Shaw injured in brackets was brilliant by the way.)

Sure let's start remove years from Max PO too...
He's right. I've seen JVR live 4 times this year and he's a hell of a lot better than Pacioretty. He's just good enough to excite fans while Habs continue to tank. And young enough to be a useful vet while Max is retired. Why do you argue with no evidence? Silly Billy.

One can credibly argue that Chiarelli is as bad a GM as Bergevin.
Not sure HAL. Please present arguments. I am going to bed now but load them and remind me so that we can discuss later please. Good night HAL.

Last edited by a moderator:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Sports Illustrated did. Bergevin and Chiarelli tied for worst GMs in the NHL, with the "Disaster Artist" designation.

Congratulations to both!

And yet Chia has a Stanley Cup ring. Have to say I do not know what to make of that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I say no to Lucic. Dead weight.

Pacioretty Shaw might land us Nurse and 10th?

In any trade package, If they take Alzner, I would take Lucic. However, I just don't see the Oilers making a desperate move like this. I also don't see them trading defenseman. Looking at both teams, I would say the Habs want futures and can absorb salary while the Oilers need cap space and speed/scoring on the wing.

Oilers:
- Patch fits but a pre-negotiated contract extension is something I think they are interested in. I know I would be if I was them
- Byron fits as well
- Maybe a guy like Schlemko who can play LD/RD as a good depth defenseman

Habs:
- 2018th 10th pick obviously
- Lucic (5 more years at $6M, age 30-34). I think his toughness up front could help our soft forward group even with his lack of foot speed. Remember, we are rebuilding
- Sekera (3 more years at $5.5M)
- Other futures... I would be targeting Puljujarvi and maybe other future picks.

How many teams are able to help the Oilers out with speed/scoring on wings while also absorbing salary in return? If the Habs can take on salary but acquire the #10 pick, Puljujarvi, and other picks, I think we could work a deal with them. The salary we take on means nothing as we are rebuilding on the fly anyways.

Oilers would save about $5M in salary alone for next year. This helps them make other moves to improve their D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad