Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
3 players who Bergevin will never trade:
Weber, Price and Drouin

let's save these proposals until after the next set of blunders that results in MB finally being fired.

Reactions: bsl

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
So for me, to move down from 3 to 15, I want a lot. Pysyk I wouldn't have any interest in. With Brook, Juulsen, Fleury, I like our RD's for the future and this team likely won't be good for some time.

No it’s us giving a 3rd rnd pick not 3rd ovr.

I would certainly take Spezza and 13th ovr for Max.
I don’t think Spezza would come here however......though he would be a good flip candidate at the next TDL if he can bounce back

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Molson and Bergevin have already said they’re not rebuilding , which in my opinion is a huge mistake
So if you’re not rebuilding you have to get a number 1 Centre.
I just don’t wanna see Bozak and Stastny on the Habs
At least Draisitl is young and could fit In
We’re just so ****ed right now. We have zero down the middle

yea I know, it's a pipe dream to think they will rebuild. For me I just hope they don't trade any draft picks unless it's to trade down for more draft picks. Hope that they can land a few centers and maybe one day we will have found a legit one through the draft.

The good news is that unless Price is back to his sub 2 gaa days, the Habs will suck and at some point they are going to be forced to rebuild. Of course by the time cheap ass Molson figures that out we could be in such a deep hole that it takes a very long time to get of it.

I would be so pissed if they sign Bozak or Stastny but as long as they don't trade picks for vets. Actually I hope they don't get a center just so we can hear what Mb/Molson comes up with for their next excuse. The fries weren't up to par, the music needs to improve. Players don't have the right fortitude.

Not saying only those names should be involve either.....on both side.

The words is out : They are looking at goaltending as being one of their biggest weakness.
For some reasons they want to let go of Faulk and Rask....which would leave a weakness on their Right side on defense.
They are thin on natural RW and they don't have any 2nd rounder, they also need some depth players.

It's too bad Price has a NMC. We have plenty of RW's and I'd trade Petry now while his value is peak.

No it’s us giving a 3rd rnd pick not 3rd ovr.

I would certainly take Spezza and 13th ovr for Max.
I don’t think Spezza would come here however......though he would be a good flip candidate at the next TDL if he can bounce back

if the best they can do is Pac for the 13th overall then I would take it. Holding out hope for a 1st and a prospect.

Reactions: Zorba

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
If I'm trading Weber, I'd rather they try and get the Sens 1st next year from the Avs. Pay through the nose but get that pick.

We both know this is not happening . We need to target a team 1st we think may faltered next season, Dallas, Anaheim, St-Louis Or NYI are some I would go for .

Reactions: bsl and Runner77

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
We both know this is not happening . We need to target a team 1st we think may faltered next season, Dallas, Anaheim, St-Louis Or NYI are some I would go for .

That's risky and very hard to do. With the Sens they should suck for sure and the Avs if we were rebuilding, getting Drouin and Weber might get them interested.

Either way we know MB won't do it. He's more likely to trade picks then acquire them for his sinking ship.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

CAR3YPR1CE

Aug 11, 2016
Pacioretty (extended 5yr $7.25m)
Alzner
Lindgren
1st round (3rd)
3rd round (66th)
Rights to C.Fleury
--VS--
Ekman-Larsson (extended 7yr $8.25m)
Panik
1st round (5th)
6th round (158th)

Galchenyuk
Scherbak
McNiven
2nd round 2019
--VS--
Trocheck
3rd round 2019

Sign Stastny 2yr $7m
Sign Perron 5yr $5m

Schlemko Buyout/Waivers

Drouin-Stastny-Perron
Lehkonen-Trocheck-Wahlstrom
Byron-Danault-Gallagher
Hudon-delaRose-Shaw
Deslauriers-Panik

OEL-Weber
Mete-Petry
Benn-Juulsen
Reilly

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pacioretty (extended 5yr $7.25m)
Alzner
Lindgren
1st round (3rd)
3rd round (66th)
Rights to C.Fleury
--VS--
Ekman-Larsson (extended 7yr $8.25m)
Panik
1st round (5th)
6th round (158th)

Galchenyuk
Scherbak
McNiven
2nd round 2019
--VS--
Trocheck
3rd round 2019

Sign Stastny 2yr $7m
Sign Perron 5yr $5m

Drouin-Stastny-Perron
Lehkonen-Trocheck-Wahlstrom
Byron-Danault-Gallagher
Hudon-delaRose-Shaw
Deslauriers

OEL-Weber
Mete-Petry
Benn-Juulsen
Reilly-Schlemko

Just because it works on an EASports game doesn't mean it make sense in real life.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
would be surprised if they did. wonder if any team that hosted ever traded their 1st without getting another one or having another one.

I just hope the Habs never host the draft again.
Did a scan and it looks like every city who has hosted the draft did have a first round pick. The only time a host city had the no. 1 pick was 1985 Toronto (Wendel Clark). First draft that was held in an arena was the Forum in 1982.

The draft is alot of fun to attend, anyone who is anyone in hockey is there.

I`d like to attend another someday.

Reactions: montreal

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
would be surprised if they did. wonder if any team that hosted ever traded their 1st without getting another one or having another one.

I just hope the Habs never host the draft again.

In 2013 New Jersey hosted and traded their first round pick, 9th overall, to Vancouver for Corey Schneider. Vancouver took Bo Horvat. NJ never did pick in the first round that year.

Reactions: montreal

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
As a pro-tank guy, here's what I'm hoping for next year:

Trade Pacioretty for the 15th overall + Mascherin. Draft Ty Smith at 15th overall, draft Kotkaniemi at 3rd.

Sign Antoine Vermette @ 1 year, 1.25M. Sign JVR at 6 years @ 6M to replace Pacioretty. Sign Thomas Hickey 2 years @ 2.5M. Re-sign Froese, Cracknell, Danault, Carr, Rychel, Mac, Gregoire.

Line-up for next year (with Byron and Shaw injured):

JVR - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Danault - Drouin
Hudon - DLR - Scherbak
Deslauriers - Vermette - Carr
Froese

Reilly - Weber
Hickey - Petry
Alzner - Lernout
Benn - Schlemko

Price
Niemi

AHL

Rychel - Evans - Cracknell
Mascherin - Audette- McCarron
Addison - Vejdemo - Bitten
Alain - Verbeek - Gregoire
Pezzetta - Waked

Taormina - Juulsen
Mete - Fleury
Sklenicka - Moravcik
Plant

Lindgren
McNiven

ECHL

Bourque

At the deadline trade Benn, Byron, Vermette and Niemi. Call-up Mete or Juulsen.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
As a pro-tank guy, here's what I'm hoping for next year:

Trade Pacioretty for the 15th overall + Mascherin. Draft Ty Smith at 15th overall, draft Kotkaniemi at 3rd.

Sign Antoine Vermette @ 1 year, 1.25M. Sign JVR at 6 years @ 6M to replace Pacioretty. Sign Thomas Hickey 2 years @ 2.5M. Re-sign Froese, Cracknell, Danault, Carr, Rychel, Mac, Gregoire.

Line-up for next year (with Byron and Shaw injured):

JVR - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Danault - Drouin
Hudon - DLR - Scherbak
Deslauriers - Vermette - Carr
Froese

Reilly - Weber
Hickey - Petry
Alzner - Lernout
Benn - Schlemko

Price
Niemi

AHL

Rychel - Evans - Cracknell
Mascherin - Audette- McCarron
Addison - Vejdemo - Bitten
Alain - Verbeek - Gregoire
Pezzetta - Waked

Taormina - Juulsen
Mete - Fleury
Sklenicka - Moravcik
Plant

Lindgren
McNiven

ECHL

Bourque

At the deadline trade Benn, Byron, Vermette and Niemi. Call-up Mete or Juulsen.

Why Vermette and not Plekanec?

And you're trading Max because he apparently sucks just to sign a worst version of him for 6 years?

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Why Vermette and not Plekanec?

And you're trading Max because he apparently sucks just to sign a worst version of him for 6 years?
Where did I say he sucks? You trade Pacioretty because both parties need to turn the page. JVR is better in the playoffs and he doesn't cost anything. Plus he's better on the PP. I prefer Vermette because I feel CJ will give him more realistic mins and he's better at faceoffs.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Where did I say he sucks? You trade Pacioretty because both parties need to turn the page. JVR is better in the playoffs and he doesn't cost anything. Plus he's better on the PP. I prefer Vermette because I feel CJ will give him more realistic mins and he's better at faceoffs.

PO points:

JVR 29P in 59 GP for o.49P/GP

Max 19 P in 38 GP for 0.5 P/GP

You were saying?

Jul 6, 2016
Doubt it! Maybe if they trade to get a better pick

If they would be able to have two productive lines instead of only one, they would try to get Patches. Do they have the $ cap ? I am sure Patches and Radu would like to play with each other again.

Dallas 1st + a good kid would be enough (?)

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Bergevin should go after Colorado and offer Pacioretty and Petry. The Avalanche need scoring on the 2nd line, where Pacioretty would be a good fit not having to face the opponent's top defensive players. Petry and Nemeth could be a very effective 2nd D pairing.
I don't think Ottawa's 1st next year is available, since it could be golden, but Colorado has 3 first, 3 seconds, 3 3rds the next 2 drafts and have some good prospects like Timmins, Bowers, Shvyryov, Makar, Henry and Morrison.

I would be happy with Siemens, Timmins, Shvyryov, Colorado 2019 1st and Colorado 2018 2nd.
I can’t imagine any reason the Avs would do this.

Sure, I can wrap my head around the thought of Sakic acquiring Pacioretty because he fills a partial need.

But Petry? Absolutely not. We are more than fine on RD at both the NHL level and we have a glut of very good RD prospects on their way.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
There’s a Rumor in Edmonton that Canadiens are interested in Darnell Nurse.

Potential trade includes Nurse and 10th overall pick for Max Pacioretty.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Something based around McKinnon
Lol. Good one.

As for the general idea, it makes no sense for the avs to be moving Ottawa’s 2019 first. Especially since that pick could range anywhere from 1 to 20 most probably.

The Avs have a unique opportunity to be able to continue to try to contend while still having the opportunity at a high pick.

Now, if the Avs could get themselves a legitimate solution to a need by packaging Ottawa’s pick, then sure.

But I doubt anyone is offering that kind of solution.

Jul 6, 2016
There’s a Rumor in Edmonton that Canadiens are interested in Darnell Nurse.

Potential trade includes Nurse and 10th overall pick for Max Pacioretty.

Which means getting Kotkaniemi perhaps ?....

But I'd rather like to have a D like Hanifin rather than Nurse to play with Weber. Edmonton might want to get rid of Klembom instead of Nurse, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad