Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
PO points:

JVR 29P in 59 GP for o.49P/GP

Max 19 P in 38 GP for 0.5 P/GP

You were saying?
Sure ignore the rest of my post but my point still stands. JVR had two good playoffs runs (lockout and 10-11). Pacioretty has one. Remove JVR's playoffs from the time he was a rookie and his stats look a LOT better. (0.61 PPG)

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Sure ignore the rest of my post but my point still stands. JVR had two good playoffs runs (lockout and 10-11). Pacioretty has one. Remove JVR's playoffs from the time he was a rookie and his stats look a LOT better. (0.61 PPG)

Sure let's start remove years from Max PO too...

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
You probably misspelled in your rage...
LOL

I'm long past the point of getting enraged over what this team does or doesn't do. Their successes or setbacks don't affect my life one way or the other. I don't live vicariously through the Habs. I haven't in decades. I have my own life and my personal success and happiness are in no way connected to how bozos like Bergevin and Molson run the team. I no longer have an emotional connection to the franchise.

And for anyone interested in buying items of memorabilia feel free to message me. I'm unloading most of it because it no longer means as much to me as it once did. It's just stuff I need to get rid of now.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Sure let's start remove years from Max PO too...
Why should we? It's not like Max was barely 21 years old in his first playoffs. Also he was playing less than 12 minutes a game that year, seems like a fair comparison amirite? Interestingly enough, while we're on the subject of TOI, Pacioretty in his career has averaged 4 minutes more per game than JVR in the playoffs. So how about you stop nitpicking and realize trading Patches and replacing him with JVR wouldn't be so bad...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
LOL

I'm long past the point of getting enraged over what this team does or doesn't do. Their successes or setbacks don't affect my life one way or the other. I don't live vicariously through the Habs. I haven't in decades. I have my own life and my personal success and happiness are in no way connected to how bozos like Bergevin and Molson run the team. I no longer have an emotional connection to the franchise.

And for anyone interested in buying items of memorabilia feel free to message me. I'm unloading most of it because it no longer means as much to me as it once did. It's just stuff I need to get rid of now.

Clearly sounds like it.

Why should we? It's not like Max was barely 21 years old in his first playoffs. Also he was playing less than 12 minutes a game that year, seems like a fair comparison amirite? Interestingly enough, while we're on the subject of TOI, Pacioretty in his career has averaged 4 minutes more per game than JVR in the playoffs. So how about you stop nitpicking and realize trading Patches and replacing him with JVR wouldn't be so bad...

Patch is a better player than JVR.

Trade Patch, I don't care but there's no need to sign JVR for 6 years! The guy's a worse version of Patch!

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
There’s a Rumor in Edmonton that Canadiens are interested in Darnell Nurse.

Potential trade includes Nurse and 10th overall pick for Max Pacioretty.

Would make sense for the Oilers to trade him if he's asking too much as he's an RFA. However, Patches won't get you both. Habs will need to add a 2nd and 3rd or something like that.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Nurse+10th for Pacioretty is a great deal for us and an awful deal for the Oilers. It's a desperate chia though, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Well, not needing to re-sign Nurse will clear some Cap room to potentially re-sign Pacioretty, but I don't think he would re-sign there and, from EDM fans I know, Pacioretty is not up high on their wish list. If he'd had 2 more years on his contract, maybe....

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

As awesome a trade as that would be, I’d put it at a near zero percent chance of happening.

Sorry to be the bummer but why on earth would Chia trade a young, promising D who’s just now coming into his own and a # 10 pick for a player who’s going to be UFA in a year and Edmonton not exactly being a hot spot. Maybe if he can convince Patches to sign before they make a deal but I don’t see that as likely. Not to mention we’d probably have to add a defence prospect in the deal.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
There’s a Rumor in Edmonton that Canadiens are interested in Darnell Nurse.

Potential trade includes Nurse and 10th overall pick for Max Pacioretty.

That's them shooting down the notion and Scott Mattle sucks.

It's hilarious they're quoting a lot of low end people to try and justify their article that we're hoping he goes to Edmonton. Habs fans just seem to want him gone to get a shiny new toy.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I would do it just for Nurse. But why would Edmonton make that trade?

Klefbom+10th is much more realistic.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
As awesome a trade as that would be, I’d put it at a near zero percent chance of happening.

Sorry to be the bummer but why on earth would Chia trade a young, promising D who’s just now coming into his own and a # 10 pick for a player who’s going to be UFA in a year and Edmonton not exactly being a hot spot. Maybe if he can convince Patches to sign before they make a deal but I don’t see that as likely. Not to mention we’d probably have to add a defence prospect in the deal.

It's not happening... A guy who reports for the Oilers writing an article claiming that the Habs started the rumor.

If it's true, we are all doing cartwheels lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad