Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
PMD isn't as big a problem to acquire as people think.

If you got a #1 franchise C, a #1 Franchise G and a #1 D, #1LW, etc... getting that top 3-4 D can be had at deadline, mid year, etc...

it's not something i'd throw it down for.

As for Tavares, you're right but as long as it's 1% chance it will come up here because at 1% it's still more likely than half the trades here.

Still need a number 2 center and a number 1 LHD though (we need a number 2 dman not a number 3 or 4). Those are not cheap pieces to acquire (either in assets or money). We will likely be able to fill one of those role with our 3rd overall but the other one MB will need to be creative and this is not his strong suit.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If we're not going to trade Price and Weber to rebuild (which is what I'd prefer us to do)... we might as well sign Tavares to 13M. We have the cap space, it's totally doable. As for the defense, draft Quinn Hughes, hope Mete/Juulsen improves.

I don't often agree with you but here we are on the same page. This summer is pretty much Tavares or rebuild for me. Honestly i would not mind signing Tavares to a ridiculous contract. I'm over 40 and i'll tell the kids here it's not often you have two talents like Weber and Price on the same team. We might have to wait another 20 years to have that again. Might as well try to win now. Tavares even with a ridiculous contract will be tradeable toward the end of it. We try with him now as he is pretty much the only option and if it doesn't work then in 4-5 years we press reset button and trade Price, Tavares and Weber. I think we will be able to retain on two of those contracts which will make then easily tradeable considering their reputation and the number of years left. We will get a bunch of picks which will help a rebuild.

People should not diminishing the importance of Team Canada among the canadian born dinosaurs of this league. If you played for Team Canada then you're winner for life and at least one dinosaur will take a chance on you as long as there's not too many years left on the contract.

Here's the trophy every past team Canada players get :

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sorinth

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
You mean back when I first started my account? Probably, but I seriously doubt I was the first and only person in HF history to not know what they were talking about. I think I said stuff like Jared Tinordi is the next Keith Yandle as well. Not sure whats the relevance of bringing up garbage proposals which where over 3 years old.

Nope, just check it out.

Also unless I'm mistaken didn't you just done brutal one proposing with Carolina our 3rd and something for 2nd overall and Hanifin ?

It's still brutal there.

On a different note. If the habs were going to do a "quick" rebuild, then this is a good year, especially with a high pick.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
That would be awful. Fire worthy no doubt.
Bozak would be the new DD and Johnson was scratched against Washington in the playoffs so he will probably be THE guy Bergevin will go all in for on July 1st. Just like with Alzner. Wasn't protected in the expansion draft so he's better than Benn, huge. Requested a trade so you know he has a great attitude.

:sarcasm:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Harder contract to move? Alzner or Lucic.

****ing tough.

that's a tough one. Lucic is owed 26M still, but after next season that drops to 19M so I think that would be the better time. The problem is he had a big drop in production and was making 8M. I don't watch any non Habs games but if he's still playing a good physical game maybe some team could be interested if they retained after this season especially if he produces more.

No you wouldn't, not if you were truly MB. The one and only MB has an axe hanging over his head. The Habs this coming year have to show marked improvement maybe as far as a Second round or Conference final exit. If they don't show that improvement Molson is going to ask him to take the door.

Bergevin's moves are mostly going to be of the immediate results and definitely not future result variety.

I'm not sold at all that Molson will fire MB unless they are one of the worst teams in the league. I would be surprised if they somehow made the playoffs and got bounced in the 1st round that MB would be fired. Cheap ass Molson won't want to pay for 2 GM's and have to tell his new GM that he has to keep CJ as coach as not many will like to take the job without putting in his own pick. So if not, then Molson would have to pay 2 GM's and 3 head coaches. I don't see him doing that, cause if he was he would have done it by now.

Guess we'll see what happens.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Nope, just check it out.

Also unless I'm mistaken didn't you just done brutal one proposing with Carolina our 3rd and something for 2nd overall and Hanifin ?

It's still brutal there.

On a different note. If the habs were going to do a "quick" rebuild, then this is a good year, especially with a high pick.
Check what out? You aren't making any sense and you want to argue for no good reason. I already explained my reasoning for that proposal and I still stand by it. If making trade proposals are so difficult, how do YOU know what's right or wrong? Wouldn't that make your proposals irrelevant as well? Go ahead and post all the proposals that I made that were ridiculed to which I didn't respond back(I don't even recall ever doing that), I'll gladly answer them. Just make sure it's at least somewhat relevant and recent and not what I said over 3 years ago, because your point there is the dumbest thing I have read in weeks.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
You mean back when I first started my account? Probably, but I seriously doubt I was the first and only person in HF history to not know what they were talking about. I think I said stuff like Jared Tinordi is the next Keith Yandle as well. Not sure whats the relevance of bringing up garbage proposals which where over 3 years old.

If no one matured and fine tuned their opinions and posting style over time, this place would be completely unpalatable. I happily include myself in the "needed to get better" group.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
that's a tough one. Lucic is owed 26M still, but after next season that drops to 19M so I think that would be the better time. The problem is he had a big drop in production and was making 8M. I don't watch any non Habs games but if he's still playing a good physical game maybe some team could be interested if they retained after this season especially if he produces more.

He flat out can't keep up to the game, which takes the physical play out.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I have no problem giving a shot at Bozak but he cant be our 1st center and for 3 years max...

Bozak is a 3C, and this team doesn't need those. We have Danault and DLR who are 3C. While they lack depth at the centre ice position, I don't think spending money on more of the same is worthwhile. I'd rather tank and draft high end prospects, then just continue to put in stop gaps and hope to skim into the playoffs.

Maybe it's just me, though.

Reactions: montreal

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Bozak is a 3C, and this team doesn't need those. We have Danault and DLR who are 3C. While they lack depth at the centre ice position, I don't think spending money on more of the same is worthwhile. I'd rather tank and draft high end prospects, then just continue to put in stop gaps and hope to skim into the playoffs.

Maybe it's just me, though.

I think Bozak is a little upgrade on Danault for the 2nd line...

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Personally I think Danault and DLR can fill the 2c spot,

I actually think DLR will take a big step forward next year.

Now 1c is tough

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

I disagree, but that's fine. Bozak is horrendous defensively, like really bad. So even if he gets a few more points, it's nullified but his complete inability to play on the defensive side of the puck.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He flat out can't keep up to the game, which takes the physical play out.

then his contract will be very tough if not impossible to move. 26M for limited production is a hard sell.

I have no problem giving a shot at Bozak but he cant be our 1st center and for 3 years max...

no way. What's the point? to win a few more games? What will that do?

don't agree, would rather have Danault by a good bit.

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
then his contract will be very tough if not impossible to move. 26M for limited production is a hard sell.

no way. What's the point? to win a few more games? What will that do?

don't agree, would rather have Danault by a good bit.

Because we need centers so badly...I dont wanna see Drouin play one more game at center!

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I disagree, but that's fine. Bozak is horrendous defensively, like really bad. So even if he gets a few more points, it's nullified but his complete inability to play on the defensive side of the puck.

That would be something. Chucky doesn't get a sniff at centre and they pay more for Bozak whose bad defensively and not as good offensively. Can you imagine ?

I think they would go after Brassard before Bozak. Which would be another 3C.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I suggested Borgstrom and 15 for 3 on the Panthers board.

I think I would do that, depending on who the Canes pick. Try and trade up from 15th to 8 or so and get one of Kotkaniemi, Dobson, Walstrom, etc.. If you can't move up see who falls at 15th, if no one you like drop down. Sounds like this is a good year to have many picks in the top 40ish.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Getting Bozak as a number 2 and someone better as number 1 would change that...Drouin is not a center!

no shit, Drouin is not a center but Bozak is not going to replace him. If they get Bozak it would be in place of getting Pleks and moving one of DLR/McCarron to wing maybe. They haven't been able to land a #1 center, how are they going to do that now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad