Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think I would do that, depending on who the Canes pick. Try and trade up from 15th to 8 or so and get one of Kotkaniemi, Dobson, Walstrom, etc.. If you can't move up see who falls at 15th, if no one you like drop down. Sounds like this is a good year to have many picks in the top 40ish.
That would be tremendous.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What's the Panthers motivation to do this? They lose a top C prospect to move up 12 spots in a draft where there's a clear 1 and a clear 2 then after that, it's pretty close.

Reactions: Beezeral

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
What's the Panthers motivation to do this? They lose a top C prospect to move up 12 spots in a draft where there's a clear 1 and a clear 2 then after that, it's pretty close.
The Panthers would be moving up for Hughes- the type of dynamic LD they are desperate for who just happens to be from Florida (having a locally born star who fits what they need makes sense for a franchise that needs to rally a fanbase).

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The Panthers would be moving up for Hughes- the type of dynamic LD they are desperate for who just happens to be from Florida (having a locally born star who fits what they need makes sense for a franchise that needs to rally a fanbase).

Why not just move Borgstrom for a NHL ready and accomplished D in Carolina who are also desperate for a C?

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Why not just move Borgstrom for a NHL ready and accomplished D in Carolina who are also desperate for a C?
Because Hughes is more dynamic than what they'd probably get back from Carolina, and the Florida connection could be added bonus for a franchise like the Panthers.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

If I were the panthers, no way am I going to help a team I'm in direction competition with since both Canes and Panthers should be in the mix for a playoff spot next year while they know the Habs suck.

it's too bad MB won't rebuild, now is the time to trade Petry and there could be a fit with the panthers.

Flo -
Petry
Byron
1st round (3rd overall)

Habs -
Borgstrom
Heponiemi
1st round (15th overall)

Panthers would improve their blueline with Petry, Byron would give them cheap depth scoring, and at 3rd overall they can take whoever they covet.

Habs get a legit top center prospect, another quality prospect plus at 15th they can either give up some 2nd rounders to try and move up or trade down if the price is right.

Of course if the Habs got Borgstrom, Heponiemi, and drafted Kotkaniemi or Kupari to go along with Lehkonen and Ikonen, we would need to change our name to the Finnish Habs.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
If I were the panthers, no way am I going to help a team I'm in direction competition with since both Canes and Panthers should be in the mix for a playoff spot next year while they know the Habs suck.

it's too bad MB won't rebuild, now is the time to trade Petry and there could be a fit with the panthers.

Flo -
Petry
Byron
1st round (3rd overall)

Habs -
Borgstrom
Heponiemi
1st round (15th overall)

Panthers would improve their blueline with Petry, Byron would give them cheap depth scoring, and at 3rd overall they can take whoever they covet.

Habs get a legit top center prospect, another quality prospect plus at 15th they can either give up some 2nd rounders to try and move up or trade down if the price is right.

Of course if the Habs got Borgstrom, Heponiemi, and drafted Kotkaniemi or Kupari to go along with Lehkonen and Ikonen, we would need to change our name to the Finnish Habs.
Thats terrible for FLA

Reactions: Kellyr and Beezeral

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
It's not perfect but i could live with those 4 centers...

O'Reilly
Bozak
Danault
JDLR
Sure if you’re looking to just miss the playoffs and not get a high lottery pick
That’s all ROR and Bozak will accomplish. Still no true number 1 Centre
Without a number 1, the Habs can not compete with the Lightning, bruins and leafs for a top 3 spot in our division. Plus Florida is a better team than us and buffalo with the addition of Dahlin will pass us soon enough
We’re so f***ed

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Who are they trading to get ROR?

Weber, but MON would also get the BUF Sabres' #32 pick and #63 pick.

They then sign DeHaan, who is quick, a good puck-moving D and would actually be a perfect pairing partner to insulate us against Petry's defensive brain farts. DeHaan won't put up tons of points, but he will help Petry play to his strength of moving the puck and generating offense.

MON would then have the #3, #32, #35, #38, #56, #59, #63, #66, #97, #102, #123 and #128 picks to grab prospects with, whether they package picks to move up for targeted players or exercise every draft choice they initially had.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I wish we could get any of jankowski , valimaki or Hanifin for mr Porte pacioretty

Or bjorgstrom

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
It's not perfect but i could live with those 4 centers...

O'Reilly
Bozak
Danault
JDLR
No. For godsake no. If that's the best we can do in a re-tool then I'm with the posters who want to blow up the team. That corps of centers will win nothing but jeers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad