Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
yes Weber's salary drops from 12M this past season to 6M next season. He's owed 30M over 8 years but the final 4 years he'll make just 6M so who knows if he even plays those years.

Drouin I was so disappointed in, soft and lazy so I would trade him for sure if it's the right deal. If not wait and see if he has a better year and then move him. Thought maybe the Avs would want him to play with MacKinnon again. Since the Habs farm system is so lacking high end talent, I would overpay a good bit to get the Sens 1st next year. The chance to have 2 top 5 picks would be too hard to pass up.
So it should be easier to trade him. Having a chance to get both Dach and Cozens who are both 6'3+ highly skilled centers is awesome.

Reactions: montreal

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Oh yeah the amazing Lou... He has a big role here also...

He looks happy here though...

I don't doubt he's happy here. I just think he'd also be happy many other places, especially if elsewhere has a chance to contend and he's aware of the fact that we WON'T be contending anytime soon.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Speaks for itself that Alzner ended the year with a demotion on the 3rd pair don't you think...

Hey man I'm not trying to defend Alzner here or something, he was bad as the majority of the team.

Petry was good offensively but he was bad defensively.

But once again, I thing Price really crapped the bed this year.

I think we can definitely bring that GA number a lot lower without doing nothing basically. Just players doing their damn job.

There was no huge drop in Alzner's ice time so your demotion is not really some sort of demotion...

It was probably more a Juulsen promotion...

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
So it should be easier to trade him. Having a chance to get both Dach and Cozens who are both 6'3+ highly skilled centers is awesome.
and if he wants to stop playing the recapture will dstroy the preds, so they will have to make a move to accommodate that .

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Harder contract to move? Alzner or Lucic.

****ing tough.

They both suck equally. Be glad we don’t have both because we damn well could’ve if Lucic agreed. All the “character” Bergevin has been trying to build for 6 years and he’d bring in another guy whose the opposite and showed it while he was playing the Habs over the years. Can’t even stick to the simple “character” policy he tries to stick down all our throats.

Reactions: Peanut

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
They both suck equally. Be glad we don’t have both because we damn well could’ve if Lucic agreed. All the “character” Bergevin has been trying to build for 6 years and he’d bring in another guy whose the opposite and showed it while he was playing the Habs over the years. Can’t even stick to the simple “character” policy he tries to stick down all our throats.

It's not that he can't stick to character policy, it's that like everything else he is bad at evaluating it. Subban for example has incredible character, but because it's different style from what Bergevin is used to from his playing days he doesn't see it.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
It's not that he can't stick to character policy, it's that like everything else he is bad at evaluating it. Subban for example has incredible character, but because it's different style from what Bergevin is used to from his playing days he doesn't see it.

Bringing in a hen in the rooster house would’ve been the definition of stupidity. Not to mention we saw first hand when we beat the Bruins, what type of “character” he has. Signing him would’ve been a mistake of epic proportions.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Alzner. There are still people that think Lucic is a good player.

I disagree. I think that Alzner at 3.65M is easier to trade than Lucic at 5M, for example. Alzner at 3M, the cost minus what would otherwise be the buyout fee for us would be relatively easy to move, maybe to CHI that was looking to get him last offseason.

Lucic would still cost 4M if you factored in the salary held back to emulate the cost of a buyout. Wingers are plentiful. Ds aren't as much, IMO.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yah I'm not sure what we're doing with all our wingers.

I'd trade Weber, Max and Price honestly.
As would I, but I seriously doubt Molson allows him to trade all three of those guys. He has no room for mistakes imo, and he will be too scared to trade any of those guys for prospects/picks.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
As would I, but I seriously doubt Molson allows him to trade all three of those guys. He has no room for mistakes imo, and he will be too scared to trade any of those guys for prospects/picks.

He wouldn't trade them for what you envision he should. You either over value or undervalue many different players.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Those who want to trade price are nuts. Guaranteed next season he has a great year and none of you want to trade him anymore. Easiest sign of a fan who doesn’t know what they are talking about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad