Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Gearing Up for the Off-season Editon

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Those who want to trade price are nuts. Guaranteed next season he has a great year and none of you want to trade him anymore. Easiest sign of a fan who doesn’t know what they are talking about...

I don't want to trade Price because I think he's bad.

I want to trade Price because I know he'll be good enough to carry us to mediocrity when we still haven't solved the same issue we've had for 20 years, a #1C.

If we sign Tavares, keep everyone. Thing is...we won't sign Tavares.

axman88

Apr 5, 2007
I think the Tavares dreams should come to an end.

Only way he signs here is for McDavid money - 13$ million

That would be 31 million for 3 players...Price, Tavares, and Weber

Still in need of a pmd

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Still in need of a pmd

PMD isn't as big a problem to acquire as people think.

If you got a #1 franchise C, a #1 Franchise G and a #1 D, #1LW, etc... getting that top 3-4 D can be had at deadline, mid year, etc...

it's not something i'd throw it down for.

As for Tavares, you're right but as long as it's 1% chance it will come up here because at 1% it's still more likely than half the trades here.

Reactions: Zorba

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Those who want to trade price are nuts. Guaranteed next season he has a great year and none of you want to trade him anymore. Easiest sign of a fan who doesn’t know what they are talking about...
If he has a great year next year I'd be even more interested in trading Price. Moving that contract should be a top priority for MB.

If Price stays here I can easily see in a couple of years Montreal just sending Price home and telling him if he wants to play in the NHL again it's up to him and his agent to find a team that wants him. That was a stupid contract that Price signed and if it ends his NHL career ends prematurely that's a fitting end to that stupid idea. If Price is going to be paid that much money he has to be a superstar year in and out, something I doubt is going to happen as he gets older.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
I can see Bergevin signing Bozak and J Johnson to a pair of 5x5 deals. In his mind, it shores up the LD and center positions. Going to be nerve wracking on July 1.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

Still in need of a pmd

If we're not going to trade Price and Weber to rebuild (which is what I'd prefer us to do)... we might as well sign Tavares to 13M. We have the cap space, it's totally doable. As for the defense, draft Quinn Hughes, hope Mete/Juulsen improves.

Reactions: Laurentide

SoulDynasty

Jan 25, 2017
Ottawa
Avs fan here.

To us, the Sens pick next year is as valuable as a top 3 pick this year. So what would you trade for your 3oa?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I can see Bergevin signing Bozak and J Johnson to a pair of 5x5 deals. In his mind, it shores up the LD and center positions. Going to be nerve wracking on July 1.
I don't think even Bergs would do that. Hopefully, we have added to our front office with Dudley and others gone and Ducharme and Bouchard added. Bergs may have done that before but people he surrounded himself with should have improved.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
If he has a great year next year I'd be even more interested in trading Price. Moving that contract should be a top priority for MB.

If Price stays here I can easily see in a couple of years Montreal just sending Price home and telling him if he wants to play in the NHL again it's up to him and his agent to find a team that wants him. That was a stupid contract that Price signed and if it ends his NHL career ends prematurely that's a fitting end to that stupid idea. If Price is going to be paid that much money he has to be a superstar year in and out, something I doubt is going to happen as he gets older.
You can’t trade the contract, he’s got a NMC

Your plan is to send him home and tell him to stay there?....:laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Would the Islanders give up one of their 1sts for Petry?

They got a 1st and 2 2nds for Hamonic.
Hey Marc, what are you telling us? You're satisfied with what you've done on the left side of the defense and are now working on improving the right?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
If I were MB, I would rebuild and the first move I make is calling the Avs and doing my best to get that 1st. Weber and retain, or Drouin if they prefer offense.

No you wouldn't, not if you were truly MB. The one and only MB has an axe hanging over his head. The Habs this coming year have to show marked improvement maybe as far as a Second round or Conference final exit. If they don't show that improvement Molson is going to ask him to take the door.

Bergevin's moves are mostly going to be of the immediate results and definitely not future result variety.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Tavares is going to get a lovely contract wherever he signs so not having signed a new contract with the Isles is more about sending a message to them, get serious or I find a team that is. Doesn't matter how much money Montreal throws at him, we're not a serious team, surprise! :sarcasm:

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Says the guy who use to only post in the trade forum where each and every trade was ridiculed so you never went back to that post.
I honestly have no clue what you are talking about. I literally backed up Alzner for Ericksson a few pages back. You probably have me mixed up with someone else.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Avs fan here.

To us, the Sens pick next year is as valuable as a top 3 pick this year. So what would you trade for your 3oa?

If I were Colorado I wouldn't look to move it until the start of next season. If the sens re-sign Karlsson and add a decent free agent and/or a decent player in trade they will likely do better. Not a whole lot better, but not 3rd worst.

If they choose to trade Karlsson you're definitely looking at a top 3 pick and that pick is worth more than the 3rd overall this year.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I honestly have no clue what you are talking about. I literally backed up Alzner for Ericksson a few pages back. You probably have me mixed up with someone else.

Recently you might, but when you started that's what you did. It's really hard to make a trade proposal. 99% are terrible and easily favour one side. Then again, unless you're a fan of the one team you don't know how they're going to view it. Usually it just devolves into a pissing war.

It's extremely hard to know what teams think. How many times have we seen a player with no value get moved for a solid return, or a player with perceived value here get traded for nothing.

If you propose a deal and you would easily do it without a 2nd thought you're likely ripping the other team off.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Recently you might, but when you started that's what you did. It's really hard to make a trade proposal. 99% are terrible and easily favour one side.
You mean back when I first started my account? Probably, but I seriously doubt I was the first and only person in HF history to not know what they were talking about. I think I said stuff like Jared Tinordi is the next Keith Yandle as well. Not sure whats the relevance of bringing up garbage proposals which where over 3 years old.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
Yes,and if that is allowed to happen then the owner is 100% to blame.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Habs100 said:
Would the Islanders give up one of their 1sts for Petry?

They got a 1st and 2 2nds for Hamonic.​
Hey Marc, what are you telling us? You're satisfied with what you've done on the left side of the defense and are now working on improving the right?

No, I'm admitting I've destroyed this team beyond repair and the only way to contend is to trade vets and get high quality assets for the future and tank in the short term. I've changed my philosophy from considering, and I quote, "a great season for the fans" to be making the playoffs and getting bounced in the first round by the Rangers because we can't score, to actually trying to build a contender.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I am seeing the medias / pundits proposing trades involving the Canes. One for the Nucks to get Hanifin and another for the Oil to get Faulk and Lindholm.

I am hoping MB is talking to the Canes right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad