Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I can just tell, Torts is going to love Vanek...
Yeah, i was kinda shocked at that one. Can't think of a less likely couple, but CBJ's PP has been awful . I guess Vanek can help with that, though I never thought he did much for the Wild PP...

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
pretty much got my exact wish list for this year at the td. Turned Stewart and Reilly into Kunin, Seeler, the right to sign Greenway (and Belpedio) and a fifth. Nice job CF.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Did what I hoped they did. My take on Nashville and Winnipeg moves they were good ones. Not sure about first for Hartman though however At the same time the Wild have played against those players they traded for all season they are just on different teams.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
31 Thoughts: Why Karlsson, Pacioretty deadline deals fell flat

7. Sounds like the Panthers, Rangers and Wild discussed a three-way that would have sent McDonagh to Florida. I don’t think Toronto ever got really close to snaring the New York defender.

I'm curious as to what the heck that could have entailed, even as a hypothetical. And then a piece we already more or less knew:

Bergevin didn’t make it easy. He aimed high and never wavered. It’s believed that, when Los Angeles inquired, Bergevin’s ask involved Tyler Toffoli, 2017 first-rounder Gabriel Vilardi and possibly more. The Kings quickly said no. Another belief: He asked Minnesota for Charlie Coyle-plus, also a no.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Ya, we seem like an odd middle team in three team trades, given we've got zero cap space. unless our incentive to get involved was someone (NYR) eating Ennis or something.

Now I'm stuck on what dish he would be. Butterfly rockefeller, or maybe turducken made with real turd.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Speaking of eating Ennis' contract... what do you think it would be worth the Wild to have someone take it off their hands? Could it be "worthless minor league contract" for Ennis and say a third? Asking for a friend.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'm talking about an ECHL player on an ELC just to even up the total number of contracts. Still good with that?
Have you ever peeled a clementine and it was kind of shiveled and caved in? And you knew just from looking at it that it'd taste more like a wet cardboard box than a delicious clementine, but you try a slice anyway because you don't want to make assumptions and waste it?

You could send us the rest of that clementine for Ennis + a 3rd and I'd still sign the papers before you finished handing them to me.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Have you ever peeled a clementine and it was kind of shiveled and caved in? And you knew just from looking at it that it'd taste more like a wet cardboard box than a delicious clementine, but you try a slice anyway because you don't want to make assumptions and waste it?

You could send us the rest of that clementine for Ennis + a 3rd and I'd still sign the papers before you finished handing them to me.

I just ate a cara cara. And I nearly choked laughing at this.

That's a cheap version of Ennis. No doubt about it.

Good to know. I have no expectations of his on-ice play, just looking for the pick.

Reactions: Bazeek

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
What about Ennis + Foligno back to Buffalo for Okposo with 1 million retained? It would absolutely make us a better team next year and give us more cap space to re-sign Zucker, Dumba, etc., but at the cost of long term pain when we try to re-sign Staal & co. in future years. Stupid? Or should we try to be pushing for a Cup before Suter, Staal, Koivu, Parise, and Dubnyk get too old?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don't see Fletcher giving up on Foligno that quickly. He coveted Foligno for years, I don't see him turning around and trading him a year after.
Can either trade him this summer or buy him out next summer. Neither choice is going to look good on Fletcher.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
What about Ennis + Foligno back to Buffalo for Okposo with 1 million retained? It would absolutely make us a better team next year and give us more cap space to re-sign Zucker, Dumba, etc., but at the cost of long term pain when we try to re-sign Staal & co. in future years. Stupid? Or should we try to be pushing for a Cup before Suter, Staal, Koivu, Parise, and Dubnyk get too old?

I want nothing to do with Okposo's buyout proof contract. Ennis is gone next year. As much as I dislike Foligno's deal, it's never going to kill the Wild.

I have zero interest in Okposo becoming Lucic on the Wild.

Reactions: 2Pair

Gundee1114

Aug 4, 2011
Minnesota
Anyone else think Ryan O'Reilly would be an interesting target? I know he makes a lot against the cap but I can't help but think he'd be a good fit if we could swing it somehow.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Anyone else think Ryan O'Reilly would be an interesting target? I know he makes a lot against the cap but I can't help but think he'd be a good fit if we could swing it somehow.
Absolutely. I just don't know if we want to take on another huge contract, even if we made the space.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Interesting, but less interesting than I thought a few months ago, which is unfortunate because he's probably more available now. My opinion of him hasn't really gone down any, but I don't think we have a pressing need for centers right now. Staal-Koivu-Ek and then Coyle and (maybe?) Greenway/Kunin? Lots of question marks, but I don't know that any of them are big enough to pay the price O'Reilly would require.

Depends on the price, though.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Interesting, but less interesting than I thought a few months ago, which is unfortunate because he's probably more available now. My opinion of him hasn't really gone down any, but I don't think we have a pressing need for centers right now. Staal-Koivu-Ek and then Coyle and (maybe?) Greenway/Kunin? Lots of question marks, but I don't know that any of them are big enough to pay the price O'Reilly would require.

Depends on the price, though.

My guess would be Brodin (top 4 LD, #1 need) + Eriksson Ek (replacement center).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad