Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I am yeah. I don't see the window for this team open that much longer, so I'd be happy if they could upgrade the scoring a bit at the cost of a future (even Kaprizov). But I realize you need a great return for a player like that and the reality is that there aren't a lot of guys available who would be worth the cost of a Greenway even. That makes inaction frustrating, because it already looks like a first-round exit is the best possible outcome. As creative as Fletch has been, doing nothing seems like surrender.

Maybe they can reload next season with Kunin and Greenway and be even better. But I see Koivu and Parise on a bit of a decline, Winnik and Cullen and Stewart gone and Ennis headed for a buyout but more salary tied up in Zucker and Dumba making it hard to add. Similar problems, same results. Rinse and repeat. Not all on the GM, but ultimately it is his team that can't get over a certain hump as presently constituted.

Just because you don't like the plan, doesn't mean Fletcher doesn't have one and is surrendering. It's clear as day per Russo that Fletcher thinks Greenway and Kunin youth and skill can add something down the stretch that is much more cost effective than spending future's on a rental. It's hardly surrendering, especially with a team that's been low key crushing it for 3.5 months now. This Wild team is beginning to look a heck of a lot like last year's Nashville team.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Just because you don't like the plan, doesn't mean Fletcher doesn't have one and is surrendering. It's clear as day per Russo that Fletcher thinks Greenway and Kunin youth and skill can add something down the stretch that is much more cost effective than spending future's on a rental. It's hardly surrendering, especially with a team that's been low key crushing it for 3.5 months now. This Wild team is beginning to look a heck of a lot like last year's Nashville team.
I was going to say hopefully they keep it up they are starting remind me of how they started last year winning games but not looking good but getting better as time goes on.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
If I didn't think they could surprise with a deep run, doing nothing wouldn't bother me. But we'll see what happens - Reilly and Stewart off, Kunin and Brodin on is on the face of it absolutely a win at no cost.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm still waiting for the random Wild/Buffalo trade. Reilly/Olofsson for Grigensons/Larsson. Just because GMCF will want to do something. :popcorn::help::huh:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Vanek for chump change in a trade. Reilly+Quincey would have been comparable.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Deadline has passed, but it took like 4 hours for one of our minor trades to go through one of the past few years.

Reilly apparently gone.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Steve Yzerman is a magician. Traded for McDonagh and JT Miller and didn't send back Point or Sergachev. That's how you trade!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm more impressed with how some posters are able to post anything than Fletcher, who got a very bare minimum on his deals.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
If Russo already has quotes from Fletcher, I would assume he is not still on a trade call, and thus no more moves made.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I'm still a little dumbfounded that St Louis traded away their 2C and didn't have any sort of follow-up trade. I wonder if they were one of the teams asking about O'Reilly.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Tampa got McDonagh and JT Miller without giving up Brayden Point or Sergachev... Steve Yzerman being praised as a god by Tampa posters

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So the Loov trade + Stewart waived + Reilly trade opened up 3 contract spots which are for, in theory, Greenway, Belpedio and... is there a 3rd?

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
So the Loov trade + Stewart waived + Reilly trade opened up 3 contract spots which are for, in theory, Greenway, Belpedio and... is there a 3rd?

A third college guy? I don't think so...probably more in case there was a waiver option or a trade that materialized. They'll have plenty of contract slots this summer by not qualifying guys like Labbe, Palmquist, Vay, Gabriel, Svedberg, etc.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Son of a #$@%!! Don't be surprised if a lot of posters go elsewhere during the TDL next year for the latest news. This place can't handle the traffic!!!!

That said, the only trade today that concerns me is Stastny. Hate seeing the Jets get better. Glad that we didn't do anything stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->