Speculation: Trade Ideas and Free Agency XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
Two questions

A) with how well dubnyk has done do they resign him in summer and go with Kuemper and dubnyk next season or is he just another bryzgalov where he walks in ufa?

B) we have known CF to be known as buyers the last few years with pominville one year and moulson the next... Does he go and make a deal like that afain or does he just make a smaller trade for like a 3rd /4th liner

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
If they get McEichel :p

But yeah I'd like to see if we couldn't get Grigs...Maybe Coyle + Haula for Grigs + a minor prospect

They have a good chance of staying in front of the Oilers. Oilers have been on a 'warm' streak lately. However, Buffalo has actually been serviceable at home. I have faith in the Sabres. I would easily do that for Grigorenko.

Two questions

A) with how well dubnyk has done do they resign him in summer and go with Kuemper and dubnyk next season or is he just another bryzgalov where he walks in ufa?

B) we have known CF to be known as buyers the last few years with pominville one year and moulson the next... Does he go and make a deal like that afain or does he just make a smaller trade for like a 3rd /4th liner

A.) 85%

B) Smaller trade for a 5/6th D improvement.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Two questions

If Dubnyk finishes the season playing as well as he is now, then I think the Wild 100% sign him this summer.

I don't think Fletcher will make any big moves at the deadline....Maybe another rental defenseman.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I don't think Fletcher will make any big moves at the deadline....Maybe another rental defenseman.

I don't think he will even do that. Dumba is most likely staying up on the squad now, and we will never get rid of Prosser this year.

If anything, I could see unloading Folin for future considerations at this point. I cannot fathom that kid resigning with this team when he is being scratched constantly and only came here because he was promised decent (not Top 4) ice time.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would hate to lose Folin. He has made the odd mistake, but he is already better than Prosser, IMO, and has far more potential. Unless you value "tough" talk after the whistle, in which case Prosser is the Boss.

I've noticed that Yeo has been mixing up Dumba and Prosser with other D rather than having them on together as a pair all the time. I like it! Prosser is scary at all times, but having him play with one of the top 4 makes me a little less afraid. Dumba shows some really nice PMD skills, but is still shaky defensively at times.... Prosser is the last person you want to "support" him.

Prosser is a UFA after this year. A case could be made to Folin that he will take Prosser's place next year, though it would beg the question why he isn't doing that now.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I would hate to lose Folin. He has made the odd mistake, but he is already better than Prosser, IMO, and has far more potential. Unless you value "tough" talk after the whistle, in which case Prosser is the Boss.

I've noticed that Yeo has been mixing up Dumba and Prosser with other D rather than having them on together as a pair all the time. I like it! Prosser is scary at all times, but having him play with one of the top 4 makes me a little less afraid. Dumba shows some really nice PMD skills, but is still shaky defensively at times.... Prosser is the last person you want to "support" him.

Prosser is a UFA after this year. A case could be made to Folin that he will take Prosser's place next year, though it would beg the question why he isn't doing that now.

I like Folin, too. Prosser has been decent as of late and Yeo has said he is in the line-up for his PK prowess and that is about it...

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
whether its folin , blum , prosser or falk at least one wont be here next year. folin is like i said zucker was find him a roster spot or hes gone.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
whether its folin , blum , prosser or falk at least one wont be here next year. folin is like i said zucker was find him a roster spot or hes gone.

Yeah but it took like two years to find Zucker a spot. Folin is going to stay. I would typically say Prosser and Falk would be gone, but for some reason Yeo and Fletcher went out and re-acquired them, so I don't know anymore.

Ideally, Folin is the only one that should ever see NHL ice barring multiple top 6 injuries.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'd like to see Folin in the AHL rather than the press box.

I'd like to see both Dumba and Folin in the AHL for now, but we don't have the depth to do that. Hard pass on dressing two of Prosser, Bickel and Falk every night.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i should clarify IF folin has other offer / options and we dont offer him a spot , zucker had the element of speed many teams are looking to add which made him valuable.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Folin is a RFA this summer. I highly, highly doubt anyone offer-sheets him.
Offer-sheets are nothing for less expensive players.

It isn't out of the question that some team that just missed signing him last time would pay a mid-round pick to get him after he's already proved that he can play in this league. Especially with his upside.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I wouldn't be surprised because at his price they may not have to give up any compensation.

His base salary right now is 925K, he's going to get a raise to the 1.xx million dollar range, it'll be a 3rd round pick as compensation, and the Wild would just match that low offer.

There have been 8 offersheets signed since 2000 (Kesler, Vanek, Penner, Backes, Steve Bernier, Hjalmarsson, Weber and ROR), Folin isn't going to be added to that list.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
His base salary right now is 925K, he's going to get a raise to the 1.xx million dollar range, it'll be a 3rd round pick as compensation, and the Wild would just match that low offer.

There have been 8 offersheets signed since 2000 (Kesler, Vanek, Penner, Backes, Steve Bernier, Hjalmarsson, Weber and ROR), Folin isn't going to be added to that list.

His QO doesn't have to be a raise above the no compensation range. No doubt I don't think it'll happen, my only surprise is teams don't attempt this more often on players that wouldn't need compensation as a shot in the dark.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Not to mention some of those didn't even change teams. Their current team matched.

Losing Folin to an offer-sheet is like bottom 5 for all things I'm worried about in my life.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I don't get why Dumba is playing over Folin. Honestly, I would be putting Dumba in Iowa for the rest of the season and even all of next season.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
I don't get why Dumba is playing over Folin. Honestly, I would be putting Dumba in Iowa for the rest of the season and even all of next season.

Something like 20 of our 26 wins have come with Dumba in the lineup.. Don't mess with what's working! Folin is the odd man out until someone plays themselves out of the lineup (ie a glaring mistake from Prosser or Dumba)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad