Speculation: Trade, FA Rumours (mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I think they take everything on surface value what they've seen, read and heard.......good & bad.

Yup - like all of us - that's what we have to go by.
But probably still the closest thing you'll see as an unbiased opinion - at least from a fans perspective.

Reactions: Hunter368

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017
PLD, Savard and Bjorkstrand

For

Laine, Pionk, Perfetti, Roslovic and a 2 rd pick

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Ehlers Dubois Bjorkstrand
Vesalainen Statsny Harkins
Copp Lowry Appleton

Morrissey Demelo
Samberg Savard
Heinola Poolman

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016

For

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Copp Lowry Appleton

Morrissey Demelo
Samberg Savard
Heinola Poolman

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

For

Connor Scheifele Wheeler
Copp Lowry Appleton

Morrissey Demelo
Samberg Savard
Heinola Poolman

Would need a mighty heavy add on the Blue Jackets part, that's certain.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
No one would be above laine on the depth chart. Especially one that would go through a wall for his coach and gets special treatment.

Laine would be more then fine under torts

The special treatment of being asked to play out of position, on a lower line because of an injury?

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
The special treatment of being asked to play out of position, on a lower line because of an injury?

The special treatment of being allowed to chest offensively and never get reprimanded. And choosing his center

Firing a puck a teammates head with no repercussions as well

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
The special treatment of being allowed to chest offensively and never get reprimanded. And choosing his center

Firing a puck a teammates head with no repercussions as well

What Center did he choose when he was playing 2C for most of last season?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Texier from CBJ or miles woods from njd

Any of these two for roslovic interesting? Maybe a minor add on either side

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I never said he doesn’t go above and beyond when asked. But when there’s no injuries he gets what he wants no matter what

You mean when they reunited Wheeler and Scheifele and they got the best results together of any line combination used all season?

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Rumour out there that Carolina is still high on Laine, chevy's ask is Necas and Pesce. Carolina balking (understandably - I do that deal all day). Saw it on main boards. Carolina fans also balking

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Rumour out there that Carolina is still high on Laine, chevy's ask is Necas and Pesce. Carolina balking (understandably - I do that deal all day). Saw it on main boards. Carolina fans also balking

I think it's pretty meh. The contract situations are good for sure, but we'd need Chevy to use the space to improve the roster. There is risk on Necas needing to improve (he's only 1 year younger than Laine and look at their bodies of work), and Pesce needs to come with a clean bill of health on his shoulder. We also would have a potential expansion draft issue.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I think it's pretty meh. The contract situations are good for sure, but we'd need Chevy to use the space to improve the roster. There is risk on Necas needing to improve (he's only 1 year younger than Laine and look at their bodies of work), and Pesce needs to come with a clean bill of health on his shoulder. We also would have a potential expansion draft issue.
So, a 1RD on a value contract and a 6'2 centre with the potential to be the long term 2C answer is "meh"?

My first choice would be to sign laine long term at a fair AAV but if he's determined to want out, I'm curious as to what kind d of deal you'd actually like.

Reactions: Nedarb

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
So, a 1RD on a value contract and a 6'2 centre with the potential to be the long term 2C answer is "meh"?

My first choice would be to sign laine long term at a fair AAV but if he's determined to want out, I'm curious as to what kind d of deal you'd actually like.
hamilton. but there is FA risk.

jokesondee

I’m not fat. I’m cultivating mass.
Feb 23, 2018
Winnipeg
We will regret that trade immediately,, two B pieces for an A+ piece
A guy who doesnt want to be here for a stud top pairing defenseman with a ultra low cap hit and a 21 year old 6'2 centerman who would have scored 50+ points over 82 games last year bouncing around the 2nd and 3rd lines in Carolina. Common man, youve gotta take your Laine glasses off.

Reactions: Buffdog

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
A guy who doesnt want to be here for a stud top pairing defenseman with a ultra low cap hit and a 21 year old 6'2 centerman who would have scored 50+ points over 82 games last year bouncing around the 2nd and 3rd lines in Carolina. Common man, youve gotta take your Laine glasses off.

He’s not a stud first pairing d man though ...

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
we have demelo, pesce is better but not by that much and necas hasn't played center in the nhl yet so who knows if he will even make that transition

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
we have demelo, pesce is better but not by that much and necas hasn't played center in the nhl yet so who knows if he will even make that transition

It’s a garbage trade , if we are not getting a Seth Jones caliber dman it’s not going to make sense for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad