Speculation: Trade, FA Rumours (mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Continue, stay on topic.

Again stay on topic, this is a trade & FA thread......not a thread on coaching or usage.

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
What do you think of offering a couple of local players tryouts? Thinking Madison Bowey and Dale Weise. We are thin at both RD and RW, in terms of NHL talent, and it can't be worse than Bitetto and Bourque if they did make the roster,? Would bring a little more toughness if either player cracked the roster, and that's still an area to address, as I think there is going to be a little bit of nastiness in a Canadian division.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Think we could trade Roslovic for Clague?

Seems close. Clague should be fully seasoned in the minors by now?

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Think we could trade Roslovic for Clague?

Seems close. Clague should be fully seasoned in the minors by now?

L.A. has alot of young forward coming up the ranks, I'm not sure they would sacrifice any defensive prospects, which they have few of for a forward, but who knows?

I was wondering about the Rags. His old roommate and agent's son is there. As is former teammate Trouba. And as we have Samberg and Heinola coming up the left side, I was thinking that big physical right d-man is still missing. Rangers have Trouba, Fox and De Angelo locked up on the right side for the foreseeable future. Maybe swing Roslovic and Stanley for Braden Schneider? Wouldn't help this year, but he's a prospective top 4 right d-man and we don't have a lot of those in the pipeline.

Reactions: VictoriaJetsFan

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
What do you think of offering a couple of local players tryouts? Thinking Madison Bowey and Dale Weise. We are thin at both RD and RW, in terms of NHL talent, and it can't be worse than Bitetto and Bourque if they did make the roster,? Would bring a little more toughness if either player cracked the roster, and that's still an area to address, as I think there is going to be a little bit of nastiness in a Canadian division.

I don't think we're thin on the wings at all. For RW it's Wheeler, Laine/Ehlers, Roslovic, Appleton, Perreault, Vesalainen, Luoto, Dano. Like we already have 8 guys who can play RW at the NHL level in a bottom 6 role.

As for RD, we have DeMelo, Pionk, Poolman, Niku and Sbisa played some RD last year too. Maybe a bit thinner there, but if we're talking about local guys with grit being offered a PTO shouldn't Hamonic be at the top of that list?

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
L.A. has alot of young forward coming up the ranks, I'm not sure they would sacrifice any defensive prospects, which they have few of for a forward, but who knows?

I was wondering about the Rags. His old roommate and agent's son is there. As is former teammate Trouba. And as we have Samberg and Heinola coming up the left side, I was thinking that big physical right d-man is still missing. Rangers have Trouba, Fox and De Angelo locked up on the right side for the foreseeable future. Maybe swing Roslovic and Stanley for Braden Schneider? Wouldn't help this year, but he's a prospective top 4 right d-man and we don't have a lot of those in the pipeline.

I like that trade but I feel like people never trade their newly drafted 1st round picks. Rangers do have a boat load of RHD though. In addition to the 4 you mentioned they also have Nils Lundkvist that they expect to come over and make their team next year. Maybe we could get Lundkvist as they don't have a spot for him without moving Fox or DeAngelo.

For me I'm thinking Roslovic to Vegas for Korczak. He's a RD with top 4 potential. He's from Yorkton, which I imagine the reason Clague was brought up was because he's from Regina. He made Canada's world junior team this year, but I'm not sure he's actually going to get to play.

Also, with Vegas not having to worry about expansion protection lists, we get an expansion exempt asset and they get a middle 6 winger they can sign for cheap.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I don't think we're thin on the wings at all. For RW it's Wheeler, Laine/Ehlers, Roslovic, Appleton, Perreault, Vesalainen, Luoto, Dano. Like we already have 8 guys who can play RW at the NHL level in a bottom 6 role.

As for RD, we have DeMelo, Pionk, Poolman, Niku and Sbisa played some RD last year too. Maybe a bit thinner there, but if we're talking about local guys with grit being offered a PTO shouldn't Hamonic be at the top of that list?

Perreault, Vesalainen, Dano and Luoto are all LWs naturally, and while it is easier for a winger to play his off wing, it doesn't happen too much in Winnipeg. And Roslovic isn't signed yet. For me Weise is about the same as Dano, maybe tougher, with less finish, and Dano looks to be out for a while. He's also a natural righty, and behind Appleton, Reichel would be next, if you go by that mindset, so I think there is some room for competition.

Yeah Hamonic would be my choice before Bowey, but Hamonic is still coveted, and a little more uncertain because of family heath issues. Bowey also goes back to Kelowna with Josh Morrissey, so there's an in, besides being local.

Don't know how big the training camp roster is going to be though. Initial reports said 35, but I expect higher. The Jets brass may prefer to have a better look at some of their prospects, with remaining spots.

Reactions: ulf

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Not sure I see the value in acquiring Clague for Roslovic, with Heinola, Samberg, Niku and Chisholm in the pipeline on LD (not to mention Johannesson, who could be a good offensive D prospect of he gets healthy).

Reactions: mazmin

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Not sure I see the value in acquiring Clague for Roslovic, with Heinola, Samberg, Niku and Chisholm in the pipeline on LD (not to mention Johannesson, who could be a good offensive D prospect of he gets healthy).

I agree. Roslovic isn’t valuable enough in trade to fix any hole in the Jets current top 6 D, and would only fetch a defensive prospect too similar to what the Jets already have.

I think the Jets should be rolling with Roslo as the 7th forward. If the Jets can get his scoring to over .5 PPG he could be a bigger part of a trade, or perhaps worth keeping. My point, Jets should sign him cheap as possible and play him. Drive up that value and assess later.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I agree. Roslovic isn’t valuable enough in trade to fix any hole in the Jets current top 6 D, and would only fetch a defensive prospect too similar to what the Jets already have.

I think the Jets should be rolling with Roslo as the 7th forward. If the Jets can get his scoring to over .5 PPG he could be a bigger part of a trade, or perhaps worth keeping. My point, Jets should sign him cheap as possible and play him. Drive up that value and assess later.
Yep, no sense in trading him when his value is as low as it's been or going to be. Also when he's the only player in our bottom 6 that scores at a third line pace.

mazmin

May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
On the topic on Roslovic and bottom six scoring, man this was a highlight show for Harkins-Roslovic-Appleton

Sure it’s only LA, but that’s a serious looking line. Roslo showed his speed and ability to gain the O zone and dish off the puck before it’s too late. Harkins showed tenacious forchecking, back checking and finish. Appleton constantly came out of the corners with the puck and made several quick passes to the point to open the ice up in the offensive end. I love that line. If I don’t see a scoring 3rd line and Lowry on the 4th I’ll finally jump on the “fire Maurice” bandwagon. Harkins-Roslovic-Appleton or even Harkins-Copp-Roslovic are glowing with untapped potential and could help the team win games when a scoring slump inevitably hits the Scheifele and/or Stastny line.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Sure it’s only LA, but that’s a serious looking line. Roslo showed his speed and ability to gain the O zone and dish off the puck before it’s too late. Harkins showed tenacious forchecking, back checking and finish. Appleton constantly came out of the corners with the puck and made several quick passes to the point to open the ice up in the offensive end. I love that line. If I don’t see a scoring 3rd line and Lowry on the 4th I’ll finally jump on the “fire Maurice” bandwagon. Harkins-Roslovic-Appleton or even Harkins-Copp-Roslovic are glowing with untapped potential and could help the team win games when a scoring slump inevitably hits the Scheifele and/or Stastny line.
I'll also add Appleton is very underrated in his defensive abilities and looked great on the penalty kill with his active style that had (small ish sample alert) the best results on the team. Hopefully that doesn't get coached out of him.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I wish Roslovic played like this more often, not expecting every game but more than 5 or 6 in a season. I miss Jets hockey big-time by the way. :(
I'd imagine it's difficult to play like this on a shutdown line with Copp and Lowry, which is where he played most of the season and still managed to out produce the rest of the bottom six by a wide margin. This Harkins-Roslo-Appleton looked great for the entirety of their stint together but that didn't stop Maurice from stapling Roslo back with Lowry and Copp at first opportunity.

I feel you bud, one more month :laugh:

mazmin

May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I'll also add Appleton is very underrated in his defensive abilities and looked great on the penalty kill with his active style that had (small ish sample alert) the best results on the team. Hopefully that doesn't get coached out of him.

I think Appleton’s a little underrated in a lot of ways but lucky for us the coach seems to like him enough to give him chances. I have a secret wish to see a 4th line of Vesalainen-Lowry-Appleton someday soon. Their cycle game would be hard to contain.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
On the topic on Roslovic and bottom six scoring, man this was a highlight show for Harkins-Roslovic-Appleton

What was also very apparent was transition offense and just how deadly we are off of it.

That absolutely has to be a major focus for the coaching staff going into next year. Play to the teams speed and skill.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I'd imagine it's difficult to play like this on a shutdown line with Copp and Lowry, which is where he played most of the season and still managed to out produce the rest of the bottom six by a wide margin. This Harkins-Roslo-Appleton looked great for the entirety of their stint together but that didn't stop Maurice from stapling Roslo back with Lowry and Copp at first opportunity.

I feel you bud, one more month :laugh:

Yeah let be the 3a line and have Copp, Lowry and insert plug be your 3b line.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Thought Clague was a RD.

I like the Lundqvist suggestion too, if he's a right shot.

At the end of the day, draft picks might be the best return for Roslovic. Probably should sign him though.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Thought Clague was a RD.

I like the Lundqvist suggestion too, if he's a right shot.

At the end of the day, draft picks might be the best return for Roslovic. Probably should sign him though.

Jack getting picked in the Seattle expansion draft might be a reasonable use of the asset. We know we have to sacrifice someone and Maybe Jack makes sense.

Either way I want to see what he brings this season. Do we get more of the same or does Jack reach another level?

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Jack getting picked in the Seattle expansion draft might be a reasonable use of the asset. We know we have to sacrifice someone and Maybe Jack makes sense.

Either way I want to see what he brings this season. Do we get more of the same or does Jack reach another level?
He needs to sign a contract first.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Has the 2015 line became the new Lee Stempniak?
This board loves its bottom 6 forwards when they are in their early 20s when hope springs without limits and then turns on them in their late 20s when they are still bottom 6 players even when they are actually more effective players and then treats them like the spawn of the devil if they are able to hold onto a career into their 30s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad