Speculation: Trade, FA Rumours (mod warning OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
early in his career look at the line ups the caps had. no where close to the jets.

rookie year Washington Capitals 2005-06 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

+49 in pts and +29 in goals from 2nd.

2nd year Washington Capitals 2006-07 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com
+19 in pts and +8 in goals from 2nd. I think it can be argued that Semin heavily a product of Ovie

compare the rosters to what Laine has now

I did say outside his first couple of years. But anyhow Ovie is in a different stratosphere to Laine as a player especially through his prime.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Washington made sure they found someone with chemistry with Ovie and kept them together... we haven't shown an effort to do that with Laine - maybe Stats turns all that around this year but that's just one season

We have zero offensive C depth that is ready to step in and produce with Laine on the 2nd line... this is a massive oversight

Suzuki sure would have been a nice pick instead of protecting Enstrom but past is past...
We have always kept Laine with Ehlers. Great chemistry.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I agree that Laine needs to step up and carry a line - but I also fully believe that seeing what he could do with Stats

You mean like how playing with Laine had Statsny have the worst or the second worst season of his 13 year old career when it comes to 5v5 advanced stats? And Statsny played on some awful Colorado teams in the early 2010s.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Stay on topic, this the rumour, FA and trade thread..........

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Ok I'm not actually thinking this would happen but just having some fun so don't freak out. Trade:

Jets:

Mark S & Laine & Pionk

CBJ:

PLD & S. Jones & Bjorkstrand

Picks to be added as required to balance things out.

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
Ok I'm not actually thinking this would happen but just having some fun so don't freak out. Trade:

Jets:

Mark S & Laine & Pionk

CBJ:

That is a really interesting hockey trade. The problem for me is I can't put emotion aside and I want to see Mark as a lifetime Jet, simply because he was our first pick.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
That is a really interesting hockey trade. The problem for me is I can't put emotion aside and I want to see Mark as a lifetime Jet, simply because he was our first pick.

I know, like I said I don't think Mark would be traded......just having some fun.

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Jets:

Mark S & Laine & Pionk

CBJ:

tenor.gif

Do it, Chevy! This board would be an E ticket attraction. Once it stops crashing, of course. :popcorn:

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg

Jets:

Mark S & Laine & Pionk

CBJ:

I don’t think Chevy would trade mark for McDavid. That wouldn’t be loyal

jrs

Oct 11, 2017

Jets:

Mark S & Laine & Pionk

CBJ:

I'll have some more fun

CBJ:
PLD + Werenski

Jets:
Laine, Roslovic, Heinola, 1st.

Having Morrissey and Wereinski down the left forever makes most LD prospects pointless. Samberg, Stanley, Sign whoever for 1mil for the 3rd spot and press box.

Reactions: DRW204

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
It would be interesting if Jones were signed long term.

If PLD wants out of Columbus, put together a package that works without giving up Laine.
Poink, Perfetti, Stastny and a 1st? Add Roslo?

Sign Vatanen to offset Poink's loss.
PLD is our 1b/2a center and we have the best top 6 in the league. A top 6 that has only Wheeler aging out any time soon.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I'll have some more fun

CBJ:
PLD + Werenski

Jets:

Having Morrissey and Wereinski down the left forever makes most LD prospects pointless. Samberg, Stanley, Sign whoever for 1mil for the 3rd spot and press box.
It would be interesting if Jones were signed long term.

If PLD wants out of Columbus, put together a package that works without giving up Laine.
Poink, Perfetti, Stastny and a 1st? Add Roslo?

Sign Vatanen to offset Poink's loss.
PLD is our 1b/2a center and we have the best top 6 in the league. A top 6 that has only Wheeler aging out any time soon.

IMO the biggest issues with both offers is I doubt (CBJ fans agree, as per main boards), CBJ are giving up such quality roster players just to get back so much futures and not proven roster players (especially a 1C back). Don't get me wrong, from a Jets POV I love giving up futures for proven young roster players but I doubt CBJ would do it.

Laine & Jones only have one year difference of team control, similar risk contract wise.

Laine clearly wants out of Winnipeg, would we take a similar package for Laine?

Teemusalami204

Jul 30, 2014
Winnipeg
I think we should start saying laine wants away from Maurice. Not he wants out of Winnipeg. If Maurice was fired tommorow laine would extend IMO.

In a city where it’s known as the most undesirable in the league it’s not acceptable that this many players want out because of the coach.

We are already up against the wall when it comes to this situation. He makes it worse

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I'll have some more fun

CBJ:
PLD + Werenski

Jets:

I've been a proponent of this type of deal for a while. Was thinking Laine+ for Werenski+Bjorkstrand. But I think you're deal is a strong offer. I'd consider swapping heinola for samberg though.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
IMO the biggest issues with both offers is I doubt (CBJ fans agree, as per main boards), CBJ are giving up such quality roster players just to get back so much futures and not proven roster players (especially a 1C back). Don't get me wrong, from a Jets POV I love giving up futures for proven young roster players but I doubt CBJ would do it.

Laine & Jones only have one year difference of team control, similar risk contract wise.

Laine clearly wants out of Winnipeg, would we take a similar package for Laine?
We aren't the same team as the CBJ but regardless, I don't think they give PLD up for a bunch of players and I think they re-sign Jones before he is an UFA.
I do think PLD would love to play in Winnipeg with the talent we have at forward though.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
We aren't the same team as the CBJ but regardless, I don't think they give PLD up for a bunch of players and I think they re-sign Jones before he is an UFA.
I do think PLD would love to play in Winnipeg with the talent we have at forward though.

I don't disagree that PLD would love it here......the biggest part is how to get him out of CBJ. He fits this cities blue collar mold, he's hard working, heart and grit with significant offensive potential. Love to have him.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
To the Jets... PLD and CBJ 4th rounder in 2021.

To the CBJ... Roslo. A re-signed RNH, Oilers 1st rounder in 2021 and Oilers 2nd rounder in 2022.

To the Oilers... Laine

Torts would love RNH and they get Roslo and some high draft picks while giving up PLD and a 4th.
Laine plays with McDavid and the Jets have their 1b/2a center.

Reactions: bennylundholm

rkp

Mar 31, 2011
I did say outside his first couple of years. But anyhow Ovie is in a different stratosphere to Laine as a player especially through his prime.

has laine reached his prime, seriously

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Seems multi CBJ fans would do a trade for PLD if the Jets gave up one of KC+, Mark S or Ehlers+.......but none of them want any part of Laine......not shocked.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Seems multi CBJ fans would do a trade for PLD if the Jets gave up one of KC+, Mark S or Ehlers+.......but none of them want any part of Laine......not shocked.

I guess they don't see the "potential"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad