[Trade] DENIS GURIANOV IS GONE for Evgenii Dadonov

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Montreal fan coming in peace to say exactly that. Do not expect anything from Dadonov, certainly not the player who he was even a year ago, because he seems listless and broken down.

For your sake as fans, I hope that you'll never actually see him on the ice.
He’s got twice as many points as guryanov though .

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Definite improvement for Dallas. Don’t think you can healthy Dadonov in this forward group. You couldn’t really say the same for Gurianov. Probably slots in as a third liner that slides up when needed. Had 20 goals last year!

That said, hope they do more. Chychrun?

Reactions: roryjones

Jul 4, 2010
New Brunswick
Might be a minor move but I like it. Improvement to the top 9 this season at a minimal cost. Dadanov has experience with DeBoer, scored 20 last season and might be turning a corner this season (5 points in last 8 games).

I do hope Guri is able to turn it around in Montreal.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
I’m pretty excited for Dadanov. He’s had good career numbers aside from this year. I’m curious to see how he’ll do now that he’s surrounded by good players again, and in a system where he’s had decent success (under Debeor).

If Nill can add another piece up front, i’d consider this a win for us moving forward into playoffs.

Would love Domi.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
If nothing else, this gives them another body to try on the PP. Who knows if it will help, but he couldn’t possibly produce any less on the PP than Gurianov did.

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
Someone on twitter pointed out that was Ribeiro's number- and probably the last to wear it.
@LT will be overjoyed to find out one more mention of his existence is no longer reflected on this team.

• Haha
Reactions: LT

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas

Don’t wanna get too far ahead of myself, and obviously would like to shoot higher, but this seems like the type of guy Seguin could use on his wing.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Seems like a lot of people describe Dadanov’s play this year like we would describe Gurianov’s, except he’s not fast like Guri. Thing is that Dadanov is less far removed from having a good season. Going from one of the worst teams in the league to one in a playoff spot with a coach that’s is familiar with him may do wonders for him. Maybe it won’t but it seems like a good shot to take because Guri’s time has run out here and his value is tanked.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
What happened to Jack Campbell?

Jack Campbell can't perform when his pregame meal is lukewarm.

"Denis can turn a game quick" - Nill

Can he? lmfao

"Denis is still young" - Nill

The dude is 25, turning 26..

These quotes just keep getting better and better in this press conference lmfao

• Haha
Reactions: River Meadow

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Both fan bases are happy with this deal and that's how you know it's a good one. Cheers and best of luck in the playoffs.

Bleeker

Mar 6, 2011
Middle Earth
A lot of this is expectations. The Habs are terrible, so they expected him to be one of their best forwards. When he comes to the Stars, he’s replacing the team’s worst forward.
Don't get ahead of yourself. No one in Montreal expected anything from Dadonov. He was a cap dump and played like one in his time here. Hope he find his game with you guys !

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Don't get ahead of yourself. No one in Montreal expected anything from Dadonov. He was a cap dump and played like one in his time here. Hope he find his game with you guys !
How can he be a cap dump when Guri cost more and they retain some of Dads salary? I really can't fathom the MTL side of this trade, unless they think Guri is going to be Nuke II.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad