Speculation: Trade deadline acquisitions (All rumors/proposals/etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothingman*

#10 needs to go

Stan refusal to make a bold move at deadline only ensures that our cup contending window is already shut and wont be open again for a few more years

He does need to go. He is dragging us down pretty bad. But so is Shaw, Kruger, Smith, Richards.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Why would Hawks move #1 goalie? And why would Sabres move Bogosian?

Crawford is a 30 yr old goalie and that team wont be contending for several years so there is no need to trade for a goalie at this time

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
That is nonsense

Neither Darling nor Raanta should be #1 on contending team especially not replacing guy who should have won Conn Smythe in 2013 and has been dependable part of team outside of 2012 sophomore season

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I actually wasn't joking.
I want him off of this team. Go somewhere where he will be appreciated.
Buffalo fans want anything positive at this point.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I actually wasn't joking.
I want him off of this team. Go somewhere where he will be appreciated.
Buffalo fans want anything positive at this point.

Haha I'm shocked. But that proposal would never happen. Most Hawk fans appreciate Crawford, outside of some fickle fans or people looking to criticize any mistake he makes to support their agenda.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Hawk fans only appreciate Corey on non game days or after he steals a game.

Idk the very vocal minority makes it seem worse than it is. Crawford did let in some bad goals tonight though. But it's insane to expect near perfection every night from your goalie, and Crawford has proven his worth to this team time and time again.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Crawford gets the right amount of respect here. He's billed as a hero when he performs well, when he craps the bed, he gets called out on it.

It's better than the posters who praise him like a god.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
14o7yn7.gif

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Stan has 2 moves IMO to shake up locker room available to him

- Dump Bickell on waivers like Kings did
- Trade Sharp for something that actually improves roster

Both options should be strongly considered

Some nonsense trade for Scott Hannan's of world does nothing to improve this roster or fix the rotten dead cap space that is #29 and #10 this year

12M in dead cap space when you throw in Shaw with them

Shaking up locker room did wonders for Kings. There GM had the balls to dump Richards in minors to improve club

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Stan has 2 moves IMO to shake up locker room available to him

- Dump Bickell on waivers like Kings did
- Trade Sharp for something that actually improves roster

Both options should be strongly considered

Some nonsense trade for Scott Hannan's of world does nothing to improve this roster of fix the rotten dead cap space that is #29 and #10 this year

12M in dead cap space when you throw in Shaw with them

Shaking up locker room did wonders for Kings. There GM had the balls to dump Richards in minors to improve club

Like others have said, Bickell has value. Might not be much, but there is no reason to waive him. Trading him is another story, though Bickell's presence would be missed in the playoffs.

Sharp is a loved figure in the locker room, but he's not doing enough to warrant his cap hit at the moment. He's also seemingly lost his spot to Saad and Versteeg. I'd hate to see him go, but it needs to be an option Bowman looks into. If we can get fair value for him and have enough cap space for a solid dman, we should do it.

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
Like others have said, Bickell has value. Might not be much, but there is no reason to waive him. Trading him is another story, though Bickell's presence would be missed in the playoffs.

Sharp is a loved figure in the locker room, but he's not doing enough to warrant his cap hit at the moment. He's also seemingly lost his spot to Saad and Versteeg. I'd hate to see him go, but it needs to be an option Bowman looks into. If we can get fair value for him and have enough cap space for a solid dman, we should do it.
Sharp has always been a decent defender too. He can't even do that now either. Guy has just totally checked out offensively and defensively.

DontToewzMeBro

May 8, 2010
Sharp for Bozak and polak-
Would you even consider it?
Would it cost them more?
It would make us amazing at the dot.
Playoffs

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
TT-Bozak-Kane
Saad-Shaw-Versteeg
Smith-Kruger-Hartman
Keith/Polak
Seabs/Hammer
Oduya/TvR

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005

No I wouldn't, and neither would Toronto. What does that do for them? They lose two of their most tradable assets for a guy who will be out of the league by the time the Leafs are relevant again.

You have to think of trades from the point of view of BOTH teams, not just what YOU want.

I don't want Bozak. He is grossly overrated and should and would not be in the top 6 of any serious team.

Toronto will ask for the world for Polak. They know they can get value over and above what he actually does.

H a w k s*

May 18, 2012
Would it cost them more?
It would make us amazing at the dot.
Playoffs

Bickell-Toews-Hossa
TT-Bozak-Kane
Saad-Shaw-Versteeg
Smith-Kruger-Hartman
Keith/Polak
Seabs/Hammer
Oduya/TvR

Jesus god in heaven no. Maybe we could get patrick berglund and Barrett jackman from the blues. Samething really.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
When did Polak become a good player? Man, teams get desperate around TDL. Polak was basically the Blues worst defenseman last year, IMO*.

*does not include Jackman... he is on a whole new, unexplored world of terrible.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
That is nonsense

Neither Darling nor Raanta should be #1 on contending team especially not replacing guy who should have won Conn Smythe in 2013 and has been dependable part of team outside of 2012 sophomore season

My memory is getting bad but didn't the Hawks win in 2010 with an unproven goalie? And oh yeah, again in 2013 with another unproven goalie?

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
2013 was unproven? Wasn't he in the league for multiple seasons prior? Like the first round exits in 2011 and 2012?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Crawford is alright ~15 ranked in the league somewhere in the middle. That said I want him gone because we just cant afford his contract for the next two years and ice a contending team. I am one of the people who think that Darling and Raanta can take over for him, just because a goalies are not proven does not mean they cant or will not prove them selves. Crawford was unproven but he proved, so will many goalies in the future on this team or another. Sharp/Bickel/Crawford need to be gone to Ice a real contending team next year. I have checked the cap over and over, Bickel and Sharp alone just wont do it. You just cant go with 3-4 rookies and expect to win a cup, it just doesnt work that way. I dont usually have the popular opinion here but I am usually right and I know many wont recall because I rarely post here but when everyone was rallying to get rid of Steeger last year, I was one of the very very few saying that will be a really bad move, now that talk has silenced, Seabs as well, now that has been silenced, seems like whenever a player does bad people jump on him immediately just like Shaw and Oduya are getting jumped now, I dont agree they should be let go. I am with letting Rozy go though lol. I am not boasting that I am always right or anything I am just saying people are too quick to load up and shoot, just give some players time especially when they were good just a couple months back, its low risk high reward, what will you get these days for Shawzys 2 Mill anyway, or Oduyas 3.5? Nothing, at least they are just doing half decent jobs and could actually play much better. I dont want anyone traded but the way I see it the three need to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad