Speculation: Trade deadline acquisitions (All rumors/proposals/etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If Eller is acquired by Hawks then Stan deserves to be fired

Lars Eller contract is Bickell bad and his play on ice is not an improvement over anyone that currently plays C for Hawks

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Now Montreal's AGM is at the game tonight after Bergevin was here this weekend. If we believe the actual public rumors here is how it goes down:

Sharp for Eller, Tinordi, 1st.

Then these Sekera rumors are coming from every credible reporter, hard to ignore them.

a first for Sekera.

Saad Toews Hossa
Versteeg Richards Kane
Bickell Eller Shaw
Hartman/Carcillo/Nordy Kruger Smith

Keith Seabrook
Hjalmarsson Sekera
Oduya Roszival.

I don't know if I do this or not. But if you connect the public rumors this is what realistically could happen.

It's hard to see the Hawks trading Sharp before the off-season. He had a bad playoffs last year and is having a tough year this year, but he's still a pretty proven playoff performer.

A first for Sekera is too high IMO. Hawks might do it if they really believe this is an all in year, but if I were Stan I would be really gun-shy, because he employs a senile fool behind the bench who might take one look at the guy he just spent assets on and decide 'nope' thereby rendering the entire trade pointless.

If I'm Stan, I'm not trading for anything that costs more than a 2nd and prospect. Let Q deal with the fallout of failing to live up to expectations.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Q didn't trade for worthless garbage like Rundblad and Erixon or sign a failed NHL talent in Cumiskey (A guy who didn't play much under Q in Colorado),, If Hawks fail this year its on Stan

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
If Eller is acquired by Hawks then Stan deserves to be fired

Lars Eller contract is Bickell bad and his play on ice is not an improvement over anyone that currently plays C for Hawks

I agree on Eller. I think a much more realistic trade would be Plekanec for Sharp which would make way too much sense. It hasn't been rumored or reported though so...

Plekanec at 2C is much better for the team than Sharp at 3/4LW even if Sharp is the better player.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Trading Bickell wont account for Saad raise + Falling cap projection (Wont be anything close to 73M originally thought ,, May not go up at all if players decline to use escalator)

Also many teams wont touch Bickell especially if he vanishes in playoffs again like he did after game 2 vs Wild and if he continues his poor play this year (Outside of 3 week stretch he has been terrible)

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Q isn't the guy who put this roster together

Q didn't trade for worthless garbage like Rundblad and Erixon ,, If Hawks fail this year its more on Stan

Rundblad is obviously the better option over Roszival, regardless of whether you look at production or possession. There is literally no stat available that favors Slowzival. Q's loyalty to his AARP buddy precludes him from actually icing the best D corps available to him, sadly.

Erixon is a question mark. Nobody really knows how he would play in this system, because he was never even given a real look. More than that, he was only brought in because Morin wised up the fact that he would never get a legitimate shot under the senile mustache, and demanded a trade. Stan was put in a bad position by his obstinate coach and was forced to deal from a position of weakness. He traded for a D asset because D is what we needed, and Q did his Q thing by forming an immediate first impression based on pretty much nothing and sticking to it.

Q's decision to continue playing Shaw at 3C is just another example of his ridiculous favoritism kneecapping a potentially strong roster.

Stan is smart enough to know how this works. The coach takes the first bullet when the team fails to perform up to expectations.

Let Q seal his own fate, then bring in somebody with the brains to run this outfit properly.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Trading Bickell wont account for Saad raise + Falling cap projection (Wont be anything close to 73M originally thought ,, May not go up at all if players decline to use escalator)

YES. IT. WILL. You and I have this same dumb argument over and over all around HF. You're wrong. I wish you'd spend 5 minutes looking at a cap spreadsheet. PLEASE for the love of god, look at a cap spreadsheet.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks Cap Payroll without Saad re-signed , Sharp traded for Plekanec and Bickell gone

60,088,462M

Lets say Saad gets 4M (cap hit so the Hawks cap standing would be 64,088,462M

That leaves Hawks with this lineup

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Versteeg-Plekanec-Kane
?-?-Shaw
?-?-Smith
?

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-?
?-TVR
?

Crawford
Raanta

If Cap ends up 67M

You leave Hawks less then 3M to fill the roster

If Cap goes up a few million to 69M

You leave the Hawks with less then 5M to fill the roster

Its not realistic. The Cnd $ is crashing and its killing next years cap and if players refuse to use escalator the Hawks are very much screwed in your scenario

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Hawks Cap Payroll without Saad re-signed , Sharp traded for Plekanec and Bickell gone

60,088,462M

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Versteeg-Plekanec-Kane
?-?-Shaw
?-?-Smith
?

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-?
?-TVR
?

Crawford
Raanta

If Cap ends up 67M

Its not realistic. The Cnd $ is crashing and its killing next years cap and if players refuse to use escalator the Hawks are very much screwed in your scenario

Wow, that post makes it clear... you don't even know what the ****ing cap is this year. :laugh: "If cap goes up a few million to 69". The cap IS 69 this year.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Only reason it is that high this year is because of the NHL taking some of the TV money and moving it to this years cap + Players exercising escalator

It very well may drop to 67M if players don't use escalator and Cnd $ continues to falter

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

60,088,462M

Saad-Toews-Hossa
Versteeg-Plekanec-Kane
?-?-Shaw
?-?-Smith
?

Keith-Seabrook
Hjalmarsson-?
?-TVR
?

Crawford
Raanta

If Cap ends up 67M

There's not much chance the cap drops to 67 next year. If it's in danger of doing so, the NHLPA will use their escalator, because if they don't it will mean many of their members lose their jobs. None of the players like paying escrow, but they're not going to vote to put 14% of their paychecks ahead of current members' livelihoods.

The current cap is 69. I expect that's the lowest it will be next season. Likely, it will be between 70-71 million.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
We shall see

Goldman-Sachs forecast of Cnd $ says it could go as low as .71 compared to US $ and that would hurt a lot

Either way Taze plan is not viable. Leaves Hawks very little cap and depends on up to 8 rookies or Pisani's to fill roster

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
We shall see

Goldman-Sachs forecast of Cnd $ says it could go as low as .71 compared to US $ and that would hurt a lot

Either way Taze plan is not viable. Leaves Hawks very little cap and depends on up to 8 rookies or Pisani's to fill roster

Not true at all.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Also this "We will just trade Bickell" stuff seems a stretch

Hawks couldn't move a better player in Steeger with 2.2M left x 2 years this past summer with a rising cap but Bickell an absolute garbage player is somehow going to be coveted at 4M x 2 years with a falling cap?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Hawks couldn't move a better player in Steeger with 2.2M left x 2 years this past summer with a rising cap but Bickell an absolute garbage player is somehow going to be coveted at 4M x 2 years with a falling cap?

What makes you think they couldn't trade Steeger?

They couldn't get what the wanted for him, sure, but they weren't looking for a cap dump in that situation. They wanted a hockey trade.

If worse comes to worse and Bickell needs to be a cap dump (which I'm not convinced of), there's more than enough teams out there willing to take on 2 years at 4 million cap hit for 'future considerations' or whatever.

Bickell is the same player he was when the Hawks signed him to his current contract, a cheaper contract than he would have gotten on the open market. Power forwards, especially power forwards with a record of playoff performance are not easy to come by on the open market. I foresee no problems moving Bickell. The price may vary based on how the Hawks do in the post-season, but if he needs to go, he will be gone.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012

Bickell is an absolute garbage player, the cap will be 67M and my roster has 8 rookies on it. Rare form tonight.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bickell is an absolute garbage player, the cap will be 67M and my roster has 8 rookies on it. Rare form tonight.

1) Bickell is garbage player ,, You actually believe he isn't?
2) Cap is not going to turn out well for Hawks this offseason
3) When you refuse to move salary and think magically dumping Bickell solves everything ,, Yeah we get stuck with 8 rookies or pisani's on roster

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014

Were-Doomed.jpg

DrunkKaner88

Jan 5, 2014
well hopefully the hawks will be having another championship parade to ease the pain of this terrible cap situation

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
1) Bickell is garbage player ,, You actually believe he isn't?
2) Cap is not going to turn out well for Hawks this offseason
3) When you refuse to move salary and think magically dumping Bickell solves everything ,, Yeah we get stuck with 8 rookies or pisani's on roster

1) I don't believe Bickell is a garbage player.
2) What a vague statement you walked back to. Before it was 67M, now you say it's "not going to turn out well for Hawks".
3) Wrong.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
#10 needs to go

Stan refusal to make a bold move at deadline only ensures that our cup contending window is already shut and wont be open again for a few more years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad