Speculation: Trade deadline acquisitions (All rumors/proposals/etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

H a w k s*

May 18, 2012
And Hartman 8 minutes a game.

Cause they bring 'that element' Q likes. :laugh:

GOTTA GET DA HITZ DOE! ENERGY! GRIT!

Hartman being up with carcillo and Shaw already on the roster is what's the term....oh yeah beyond redundant.

And let's not forget that it's likely q's fault they let Stanton go because of Mike Kostka veteran veteraneyiness or that Cumiskey is up because Q has no trust in Johns/Dahlbeck. Because he refuses to give up points to develop guys unlike Sutter.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
honestly, I just watched Vermont play again (probably my 9th or 10th time watching a game focusing on Paliotta) and I really cannot see how he isn't up with us for the playoffs.

again, I am not calling him our savior, but there is no doubt in my mind what Bowman plans on doing with this kid as he is drooling at the opportunity to get him here asap. He is now a ppg player and leads the entire team in points...it is sick with how in control of the game he is and how pretty much EVERYTHING runs through him. Power play and penalty kill, this kid does it all...

at 6'3 205lbs with speed and hands, I have little doubt we see him once Vermont gets bounced....and though many of you think we wont keep a kid jumping straight from college, I absolutely beg to differ as he is at another level than Johns was at last year...and he was impressive as hell.

Paliotta will be with the Hawks and our likely #6 answer for the playoffs. We have seen it numerous times with kids jumping from college to the pros and helping their NHL teams into the playoffs...look no further then Detroit and Boston...

watching him play against Merrimack he was just all over the ice...I was so impressed with a guy that was held off the scoresheet I believe but was just a factor on the ice at all times. There is no AHL seasoning needed for this kid, no glaring weakness or areas that you can say really needs work on, he will be with the Hawks and will stick with us into the playoffs...and this is why Stan might be standing pat because he knows this kid is coming to at worst fill in as a #7 which would bounce either Rundblad or Rozi out depending if he gets another vet as well...

if you haven't watched Paliotta play then do yourself a favor and stream him right now...I don't care anymore if we don't pick up a vet at the deadline as long as this kid signs which he likely will.

Keith - Seabs
Hammer - Oduya
Paliotta - vet??
Cumiskey

that is what I expect to see and if no vet, then Rozi will be the bottom guy God willing...:laugh:

H a w k s*

May 18, 2012
Agreed (beyond keeping Leddy -- we couldn't afford him). After our looming flameout, Q should be on the hot seat.

Yes we could. The question was do you keep Leddy as a replacement for oduya and develop a 3rd pair. Alas we kept the wrong guy and Q for the most part refused to develop a future 3rd pairing by spotting rosival and mixing and matching with Someone like Johns/Dahlbeck

But maybe the injury to TVR also played a role as the year wore on maybe he would spot duty Runblad with Rosie. *shrugs*

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Agreed (beyond keeping Leddy -- we couldn't afford him). After our looming flameout, Q should be on the hot seat.

I've never understood this argument.

He's an upcoming RFA with a 2.7 cap hit, while Oduya is an upcoming UFA with a 3.3 cap hit.

So Leddy is not only the cheaper player, even if you can't fit him under the cap next year, you still have the option to trade his rights for something. Oduya walks this summer for nothing.

We've paid a guy more, to perform worse, who will walk and leave us with less.

Hartman being up with carcillo and Shaw already on the roster is what's the term....oh yeah beyond redundant.

And let's not forget that it's likely q's fault they let Stanton go because of Mike Kostka veteran veteraneyiness or that Cumiskey is up because Q has no trust in Johns/Dahlbeck. Because he refuses to give up points to develop guys unlike Sutter.

Yeah. You'd think the Blackhawks and Quenneville would have learned something after watching Pearson and Toffoli tear the Blackhawks a new one alongside Jeff Carter in the WCF last year. Like maybe offering young talented prospects a legit chance to succeed alongside high-end players can reap massive benefits.

But nope. Q gonna Q.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I've never understood this argument.

He's an upcoming RFA with a 2.7 cap hit, while Oduya is an upcoming UFA with a 3.3 cap hit.

So Leddy is not only the cheaper player, even if you can't fit him under the cap next year, you still have the option to trade his rights for something. Oduya walks this summer for nothing.

We've paid a guy more, to perform worse, who will walk and leave us with less.

I argued this all last year...never made sense then and still makes no sense now...if we kept Leddy over Oduya we would have more space right now to do something..also I think we would be slightly better overall considering the way Leddy has played this year compared to the human turnover machine known as Johnny ODontYa...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You got any better suggestions to fix the cap poblem?
Yeah, do it in the off-season.

Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc 4m4 minutes ago
Source says #Blackhawks are looking at Hurricanes' Andrej Sekera and Flames' Curtis Glencross as possible trade targets.

What would we give up for these guys?
Would be happy with 1 of the 2 guys at least.

And Hartman 8 minutes a game.

Cause they bring 'that element' Q likes. :laugh:

GOTTA GET DA HITZ DOE! ENERGY! GRIT!
Yes, because TT was such a difference maker when he was here.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Yes, because TT was such a difference maker when he was here.

Certainly more than Hartman.

If you need more production from your bottom 6, the solution is not to replace skill with 'grit' or some such nonsense.

I'm glad the green jerseys in the nose-bleeds get a kick out of Hartman's 8 minutes of 'grit' or 'energy' whatever, but his presence in the lineup is not actually solving any issue.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hartman is here to bring some energy (he is doing that) and physical play

He is playing 8-10 minutes a night because he is a rookie 4th liner. Bashing Q over that is just laughable

He is here to get taste of NHL hockey and bring energy both of which are happening

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Hartman is here to bring some energy (he is doing that) and physical play

He is playing 8-10 minutes a night because he is a rookie 4th liner. Bashing Q over that is just laughable

He is here to get taste of NHL hockey and bring energy both of which are happening

Fascinating. The problem is 'grit' and 'energy' are way down the list of things we need from the bottom 6 at the moment. What the team actually needs is offense form the bottom six, not additional grit and energy.

So sending down a genuinely skilled forward with at least the potential to contribute, and bringing up a plug without any such potential is really not helping anything.

The hilarious thing is I don't even think Teuvo is as good or going to be as good as some people have hyped him up to be. But he's certainly more capable of addressing the issues on the offensive side of things than Ryan ****ing Hartman.

Last edited:

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
When the Hawks are at their loaded best they don't even HAVE a bottom six. They have a bottom three and roll three lines capable of scoring.

They could still do this, but not with Sharp falling apart and Bickell and Shaw wasting precious Oxygen.

Hartman can play with Kruger and Smith, I wouldn't mind that. But something really needs to be done with the other lines. No, that something is not Carcillo.. frankly I'm surprised he hasn't done something idiotic again to "get the team going".

I would have kept TT up.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
haven't really heard him mentioned but what are your guys thoughts on Erik Cole?

he seems like a perfect addition to a playoff team and someone that still has hands and some skill to contribute offensively....he is having a nice year and has size and speed to go either 2nd or 3rd line for us...is Dallas willing to move him? I have read some stuff that they are looking to move him and he seems the type of player that could really help us out.

thoughts on the 36 year old Cole?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Cole is slow , Worthless defensively with very little offensive ability left in tank

At this point he is not much of an upgrade over Bickell and is worthless when not in a scoring role. Adding him means our 3rd line would still be worthless as Cole-Shaw-Sharp is not going to get anything going offensively

Infact Andrew Brunette would be good comparable for Cole at this point. People really want Bruno 2.0?

No thanks and he would be costly to fit under cap anyway

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Adding the Cole's , Hannan , etc of world does nothing to improve Hawks

Cole is just another slow one dimensional player and Hannan is not an improvement over Rozy. Might not even be better then the trash on D like Rundblad/Erixon/Cumiskey either

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
honestly, I just watched Vermont play again (probably my 9th or 10th time watching a game focusing on Paliotta) and I really cannot see how he isn't up with us for the playoffs.

again, I am not calling him our savior, but there is no doubt in my mind what Bowman plans on doing with this kid as he is drooling at the opportunity to get him here asap. He is now a ppg player and leads the entire team in points...it is sick with how in control of the game he is and how pretty much EVERYTHING runs through him. Power play and penalty kill, this kid does it all...

at 6'3 205lbs with speed and hands, I have little doubt we see him once Vermont gets bounced....and though many of you think we wont keep a kid jumping straight from college, I absolutely beg to differ as he is at another level than Johns was at last year...and he was impressive as hell.

Paliotta will be with the Hawks and our likely #6 answer for the playoffs. We have seen it numerous times with kids jumping from college to the pros and helping their NHL teams into the playoffs...look no further then Detroit and Boston...

watching him play against Merrimack he was just all over the ice...I was so impressed with a guy that was held off the scoresheet I believe but was just a factor on the ice at all times. There is no AHL seasoning needed for this kid, no glaring weakness or areas that you can say really needs work on, he will be with the Hawks and will stick with us into the playoffs...and this is why Stan might be standing pat because he knows this kid is coming to at worst fill in as a #7 which would bounce either Rundblad or Rozi out depending if he gets another vet as well...

if you haven't watched Paliotta play then do yourself a favor and stream him right now...I don't care anymore if we don't pick up a vet at the deadline as long as this kid signs which he likely will.

Keith - Seabs
Hammer - Oduya
Paliotta - vet??
Cumiskey

that is what I expect to see and if no vet, then Rozi will be the bottom guy God willing...:laugh:

I want to believe. Lord knows we need some help defensively. Good info, thanks.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I dont know if you guys noticed, but ever since Hartman made that hit in his first shift, it has sparked Bickell and Shaw to be more aggressive.
Hartman is doing what he is here for

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Played around with our roster due to Kuc's comments about Glencross and Sekera.

If we trade Sharp, waive Erixon, send Cumisky down, trade for Glencross and Sekera, and have TVR rejoin the team, we could fit comfortably under the cap.

Saad Toews Hossa 12,469,167
Versteeg Richards Kane 10,500,000
Bickell Shaw Hartman 6,894,167
Glencross Kruger Smith 5,375,000
carcillo 0,550,000

Keith Seabrook 11,338,462
Oduya Hjalmarsson 7,475,000
Sekera TVR 3,675,000
Rundblad 0,573,000
Rozsival 2,200,000

Crawford 6,000,000
Raanta 0,745,967

Total: $67,795,763

It'd fill most of this teams needs, while still giving us wiggle room with the cap. I'm still not sure how I feel about potential trading Sharp or acquiring Sekera, but if we were to do it, this would make the most sense to me.

Last edited:

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
No chance sharp gets traded before the season ends. Bickell likely won't go anywhere before then, either.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
No chance sharp gets traded before the season ends. Bickell likely won't go anywhere before then, either.

Correction: Not a HIGH chance he gets traded this season. Still, he's not worth much to us when he's playing on the 4th line.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
when you look at What teams are asking for AVG players, we have a huge luxury of wings right now. If we do not move sharp playing on the 4th line Bowman has a screw loose. Boychek and leddy were 2 2nds, and a Solid prospect but fair from a top liine potential prospect in the off season. Vermette is getting a 1st and Sekera is probably a early 2nd. Sharp in the off season gets us 1/2 what we could get now. If the team was rolling I would say don't shale things up but with the way we are playing we should
do it. Sharp to FL for Hubredaeu and one of there scrap heap Soon to be Free agents to make salary cap work. Then do 54 pick for Sekera since you have cap space.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Correction: Not a HIGH chance he gets traded this season. Still, he's not worth much to us when he's playing on the 4th line.

Sharp has an NTC. I doubt Carolina is on the list of teams he'd accept a trade to.

Depending on how badly the Hawks play heading into the deadline, I could see Bickell moved with a prospect or a pick for somebody on the level of a Sekera.

More than likely though, Stan knows what we know. There are too many leaks on this team for one trade to fix. So rather than sacrifice assets on a move that achieves nothing but headlines, he let's the current core prove they do have what it takes to turn it on at the right time.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Depending on how badly the Hawks play heading into the deadline, I could see Bickell moved with a prospect or a pick for somebody on the level of a Sekera.

Again, another trade that has no chance of happening and would heavily favor the Hawks. Unless you're talking a 1st or one of Chicago's top prospects, which would be dumb for the Hawks.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Again, another trade that has no chance of happening and would heavily favor the Hawks. Unless you're talking a 1st or one of Chicago's top prospects, which would be dumb for the Hawks.

I was, and yes I agree it would be dumb long-term, it all depends on how 'all in' Stan is with this core this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad