Speculation: Trade deadline acquisitions (All rumors/proposals/etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
I was, and yes I agree it would be dumb long-term, it all depends on how 'all in' Stan is with this core this year.

Judging by his past, and how the Hawks are still an elite team regardless of this poor stretch, there's no doubt that Stan is still all in with this core.

He will most likely add a depth defenseman and/or bottom 6 forward.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Sharp has an NTC. I doubt Carolina is on the list of teams he'd accept a trade to.

Depending on how badly the Hawks play heading into the deadline, I could see Bickell moved with a prospect or a pick for somebody on the level of a Sekera.

More than likely though, Stan knows what we know. There are too many leaks on this team for one trade to fix. So rather than sacrifice assets on a move that achieves nothing but headlines, he let's the current core prove they do have what it takes to turn it on at the right time.

I'm pretty sure I didn't say trade Sharp for Sekera... If a team like Montreal (who seems interested in Sharp) is willing to trade us decent prospects and pick, than we should. We can use the free cap space to acquire a dman like Sekera (or Michalek or Perry).

And Bickell has shown more in the playoffs then Sharp. He also has a cheaper cap hit. So unless a team is willing to overpay for Bickell, it doesn't make much sense to trade him over Sharp. Also, why do you not bring up the fact that Bickell also has a NTC?

Furthermore, this will be our best chance at the cup for a few years. If Stan believes that we have too many leaks in our lineup, why wouldn't he shake things up? No, let's keep everything the same and squander a great opportunity.

Don't get me wrong, if Stan thinks this team is good enough, than I won't try to harp on him too much. But if Stan thinks this team has significant holes (which you seem to think he knows), than it's asinine to not do anything to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad