Speculation: Trade deadline acquisitions (All rumors/proposals/etc) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Darn would love him gone. Sell kinda high. He sucks now. Maybe that is it for sharp and next year is more of the same. I say sell now. You solve a problem this year and next summer. Gotta dump sharp.

Yes he HAS been great, now he is a bad contract.

He's a bad contract for us because he's up against the cap. Look at the guys that signed deals just this season.

Bolland $5.5 per
Callahan $5.8 per
Brassard $5 per
Camellari $5 per
Gaborik $4.875 per
Gabroski $5 per
Hemisky $4 per
Inginla $5.33 per
Jokkinen $4 per
Kulemin $4.18 per
Michalek $4 per
Moulson $5 per
O'Riley $6 per
Poulioiut $5 per
Vanek $6.8 per
Vrbata $5 per

You are crazy if you don't think Patrick Sharp would get at least $5 million on the open market. To a team that's not in quite the cap crunch that the hawks are in, that contract is fine.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Why not trade Sharp for a couple of picks right now?

Because maybe the team thinks that they can get better/more picks for him at the draft rather than before the trade deadline?

Or maybe the team's just not interested in trading him before the end of the postseason as they think he can go on a positive streak.

ImDaBaron

Oct 11, 2010
David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod · 26m 26 minutes ago
Noises getting louder over Blackhawks discussing calls for Sharp, who has limited NMC. Told WAS, MTL, DET have serious interest.

David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod · 10m 10 minutes ago
Now, Chicago is trying hard to bring in at least 1 top-six forward. A possible Sharp move could lead to him being exchanged for that.

David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod · 9m 9 minutes ago
The Hawks really like Vermette, but are also pursuing additional options (which is where this Sharp talk comes into play).

David Pagnotta @TheFourthPeriod · 5m 5 minutes ago
Capitals, who've had talks about Sharp, have also discussed Lupul. Clearly diff situations, but Leafs want hockey trade, not just picks/kids

https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod

FWIW

Too much smoke for there to be no fire

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 58m58 minutes ago
Two sources say Patrick Sharp is in play as trade deadline nears. Sharp has a modified no-trade clause. Caps, Wings intrigued. #Blackhawks

---

Brian Hedger ‏@BrianHedger
Source says Sharp is not in play. We'll see what happens. #Blackhawks

Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec
Not sure where Patrick Sharp trade angles emanate from. I am told there are NO plans by Chicago to move him by deadline. #NHLTrade

---

Rabbit season! Duck season!

Last edited:

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Not sure why anyone would give anyone beyond LeBrun/McKenzie (and even then they don't get the names) any benefit of the doubt when it comes to the Hawks. Deal after deal, no one gets the inside scoop. A lot of "insiders" claimed the Hawks might make a trade yesterday because Bowman himself said they were close. Not exactly going out on a limb. Kuc throws out the Sharp/Caps thing and a whole bunch of wannabes jump on the bandwagon. I'm almost positive not a single "insider" got a scoop on the names Timonen, Erixon, Rundblad, Versteeg, Handzus, Oduya, Campoli, etc when those deals came.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Hawks trade for Petry too and roll with the deepest D going into the playoffs.

Keith Seabrook
Oduya Hjalmarsson
Timonen Petri

:sarcasm:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
@ChrisKuc: Patrick Sharp's agent, Rick Curran, spoke with GM Stan Bowman on Thursday and was assured #Blackhawks have "no intention" of trading Sharp.

Datsyuk13Deke

Oct 14, 2013
Hey guys, Wings fan coming in peace :)

I saw a rumor that DET is interested in Sharp and I got pretty excited then I noticed that hes having a "bad season"

Was just wondering why that is? Is he playing bad or is he in the doghouse?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

I saw a rumor that DET is interested in Sharp and I got pretty excited then I noticed that hes having a "bad season"

His 5v5 shooting percenrage is 1.8%. Is about 10% for his career. Looks like a fluke to me

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
@ChrisKuc: Patrick Sharp's agent, Rick Curran, spoke with GM Stan Bowman on Thursday and was assured #Blackhawks have "no intention" of trading Sharp.

I have never bought into any of the Sharp rumors at this deadline. Offseason maybe but they are likely holding hope he will turn it around and hit one of his hot streaks. He's in all the promotional videos, tons of his jerseys at every game. Its not the Hawks style to dump one of the signature faces of the franchise at a trade deadline whether you agree or disagree.

Hawks4life

Apr 3, 2011
shocked there would even be interest in Sharp. He has been lousy this year. Great player but LOUSY string of playoffs+season.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

His shooting percentage is in the tank which is a big part of it, but his all around play is noticeably worse this season, particularly away from the puck.

Plus, he doesn't look as explosive anymore. He's still quick on the first few strides, but you rarely if ever see him blow by anybody anymore.

Put it this way, last year he was on the top line seeing top competition with Toews and Hossa. This year he's seeing some of the most sheltered minutes on the team.

Datsyuk13Deke

Oct 14, 2013
His shooting percentage is in the tank which is a big part of it, but his all around play is noticeably worse this season, particularly away from the puck.

Plus, he doesn't look as explosive anymore. He's still quick on the first few strides, but you rarely if ever see him blow by anybody anymore.

Put it this way, last year he was on the top line seeing top competition with Toews and Hossa. This year he's seeing some of the most sheltered minutes on the team.

Cool, thanks for the responses everyone.

He is reaching the wrong side of 30, do you think that has anything to do with it? He's always been a wings killer, very lethal shot from what I've seen. Has skating always been part of his game?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

Its not just him, this entire teams shooting percentage has gone down the tubes. Take away Kane (and he's gone now) and it seems like everyone else except maybe Steeger and Saad have struggled most of the season compared to normal years. We must lead the league in shots straight to the goalies chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad