Speculation: Trade deadline acquisitions (All rumors/proposals/etc) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
As always, the issue with Stan spending assets for depth players is the very real risk that Q will turn his nose up and refuse to play them because 'reasons', rendering the expenditure a waste.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
As always, the issue with Stan spending assets for depth players is the very real risk that Q will turn his nose up and refuse to play them because 'reasons', rendering the expenditure a waste.

Q refuses to play players because most of the players he brings in aren't skilled enough or too inexperienced for him.

If we get a Sekera/Petry/Michalek, Q won't have a single problem playing them over a guy like Rozsival or Oduya.

I have had my problems about him not playing a player I feel would have performed better (Brookbank over Rozsival, Handzus over Regin), but can we not over exaggerate his favoritism to such a degree that it becomes comical?

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Q refuses to play players because most of the players he brings in aren't skilled enough or too inexperienced for him.

If we get a Sekera/Petry/Michalek, Q won't have a single problem playing them over a guy like Rozsival or Oduya.

I have had my problems about him not playing a player I feel would have performed better (Brookbank over Rozsival, Handzus over Regin), but can we not over exaggerate his favoritism to such a degree that it becomes comical?

I would agree with that.

I'd also add I think his habits of making overly quick judgments - and being slow to move from them - is more a problem than 'favoritism'.

pamela2

Nov 9, 2014
first of all kieth and rosy together what a joke neither can play or shoot hawks have to make a trade even if its money for money get somebody who cares and can hit were way to soft

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
I'd also add I think his habits of making overly quick judgments - and being slow to move from them - is more a problem than 'favoritism'.

So, basically Quenneville is an HFB poster?

Though at least Quenneville wouldn't rather lose if it meant being proven right, I think, unlike certain posters here have recently said...

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
So, basically Quenneville is an HFB poster?

Though at least Quenneville wouldn't rather lose if it meant being proven right, I think, unlike certain posters here have recently said...

If you're referring to what I said about Oduya, my tongue was pretty firmly planted in my cheek.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
No, not that. A certain poster here has said he is "looking forward" to the Hawks going out in the first round. "I told you so" is a lot more important to some people than success.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
If the Flyers are looking to sell, I'd take a long, hard look at Braydon Coburn. Still has 1 year left of team control at a reasonable 4M AAV (which is about what the Hawks will spend to replace Oduya anyway), and it happens to coincide with Seabrook's expiring contract. It gives the Hawks another option if they can't come to terms on a Seabrook extension.

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
If the Flyers are looking to sell, I'd take a long, hard look at Braydon Coburn. Still has 1 year left of team control at a reasonable 4M AAV (which is about what the Hawks will spend to replace Oduya anyway), and it happens to coincide with Seabrook's expiring contract. It gives the Hawks another option if they can't come to terms on a Seabrook extension.

I don't think Philly is going to ship him off if they trade a D.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Flyers have talked about trading him on and off to Oilers for a while and he is most valuable trade chip they have

Hawks would need to find a way to dump Bickell IMO to make it work as the Flyers wont be retaining cap (+ They likely need to by out Vinny this summer so that will be dead cap space)

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Unless Stan is going to do something bold (Trade Sharp) to improve roster we should be sellers

This team is not good enough to compete in West this year with this roster

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Unless Stan is going to do something bold (Trade Sharp) to improve roster we should be sellers

This team is not good enough to compete in West this year with this roster

Lol, talk about extrapolating some garbage can games into the future. They'll get through it.

ImDaBaron

Oct 11, 2010
I didnt think they would make a move by the deadline. But now it's clear that they absolutely need to.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If Kruger isn't in longterm plans see if you can get pick for him. Try and move Sharp at deadline , See if anyone wants Oduya at deadline , etc

Might be able to fetch 3rd/4th round picks for Kruger/Oduya and moving Sharp before his value gets any lower wouldn't be poor move

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Vermette, Sekera,Vermette, Sekera,Vermette, Sekera,Vermette, Sekera.

Been saying it since ****ing November.

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
Team might as well stand pat till the draft or trade some guys for picks. Pretty brutal hockey being played.

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
The problems with the Hawks is not the players per say. There is obviously much bigger problems in management. The team seems to have given up on their coach. No trades will help unless the bigger problems within management are taken care of first. Bowman and Q have never been on the same page and never will be. The team the Hawks are icing now is the same team that played like the best in the league just a few months ago.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
There are too many leaks on this team to fix with trades, and the coach is exacerbating the issues with his ridiculous roster management.

At this point, Stan is better off standing pat. Why waste assets on a bandaid when you need reconstructive surgery?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Panic!! Trade everyone!

Relax. This may be a good thing. Open some eyes to see we need another d man. Get one at the deadline and we will be fine it's just a tough stretch all teams have them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad