Speculation: Trade deadline acquisitions (All rumors/proposals/etc) - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
maybe they are just going to carry 6 D till the deadline and see what happens...GOD I hope not as that means Roszival again...

ImDaBaron

Oct 11, 2010
Yeah I dont think TVR has played at all. I dont think he's coming back anytime soon(by soon I mean in the next few days)

Hawks4life

Apr 3, 2011
seems a bit soon IMO...but if he is that is freaking awesome......

keith-seabrook/rundblad
hammer-tvr
timonen-seabrook/rundblad

Id prefer to see Hammer-Timo and Keith-Seabs (re-united). Just doesnt make sense the way the defense is paired up right now.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Only carrying 6 Dmen right now, either TVR is coming back or they are getting another Dman. Also not sure what the requirements is for sending Cumiskey back down without waivers. Could have met his quota and they wanted to send him down before it's too late and he would require waivers again

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Some guy on Twitter seemingly tricked a large group of people into thinking Hawks had acquired Vermette.

No real source is reporting, and he's currently (as of this minute) practicing with the rest of the coyotes.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
All the activity on the blueline makes me believe another defenseman is coming in. If we can't have the deepest forward group as long as Kane is out then lets load up the backend and hope we have the fire power up front to win some closer games until Kane recovers. Might require a little style drift with respect to how we play, but thats okay. Still can see a 3rd pair of Timmo and Petry.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
All the activity on the blueline makes me believe another defenseman is coming in. If we can't have the deepest forward group as long as Kane is out then lets load up the backend and hope we have the fire power up front to win some closer games until Kane recovers. Might require a little style drift with respect to how we play, but thats okay. Still can see a 3rd pair of Timmo and Petry.

I hope so, but it honestly is peripheral to the major issue.

If the core doesn't start producing AND playing better away the puck, no reasonable amount of trades is going to fix this.

We have way too many under-performing players on this team right now - so many that people felt Kane delivering a season on par with his career to date was somehow a next level performance by contrast. All the credit in the world to him for showing up and carrying this team when nobody else would and I hope to hell he's a fast healer, but if one guy playing as well as he usually does is carrying you, imagine what would happen if everybody else on this team woke up and started playing to their potential too?

If they don't, we're ****ed. Too much dead weight for an infusion of new blood to try and carry.

I hope Timmo watched some games this season before agreeing to waive, and didn't make the decision based on the reputation of the Blackhawks as opposed to their play of late. Otherwise, his reaction will likely be:

ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Some guy on Twitter seemingly tricked a large group of people into thinking Hawks had acquired Vermette.

No real source is reporting, and he's currently (as of this minute) practicing with the rest of the coyotes.

Yeah all the "source" reporting on Twitter is hilarious, especially about Sharp.

------------------------------------------

Mark Lazerus retweeted

Jamal Mayers‏@jamalmayers·3 hrs3 hours ago
I typically don't like to engage in the rumor mill but enough is enough! The Blackhawks DO NOT have a locker room issue(s)! Con't...1of4

Hawks4life

Apr 3, 2011
The locker room issue tweets were comical. I honestly do my best to avoid twitter because of all that nonsense and people trying to get hits this time of year.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
ChrisBlock ‏@ChrisBlock 5m5 minutes ago
Klas Dahlbeck a late scratch for the Rockford #IceHogs tonight against Texas Stars. Justin Holl making season debut. #Blackhawks

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
If I had to guess he will be called up. Only have 6D on current roster and Rockford has a million defensemen.

ImDaBaron

Oct 11, 2010
If I had to guess he will be called up. Only have 6D on current roster and Rockford has a million defensemen.

If he were called up I think they would have made that move fairly quick. They dont normally let them sit and linger for a while.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Why would you demote Cumisky and promote Dahlbeck? It's possible he's a piece of a potential trade ... doesn't mean he's traded ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad