Trade Deadline (2/29): Who ya got? (Laddhawks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Well if Leafs/Bickell stuff has any truth then you flip Bickell with assets then trade for a Liles

Either way still not happy with this D given Gus inconsistency defensively , Svedberg's softness and Ehrhoff's suck

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Bickell would almost have to be part of that deal, can't see it happening

They can play Bickell and Versteeg together if they don't trade him.
Send them Bickell and McNeill or something.

I don't know what their cap space is like, or an internal budget.

Somebody has to be dumb enough to take him.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
They can play Bickell and Versteeg together if they don't trade him.
Send them Bickell and McNeill or something.

I don't know what their cap space is like, or an internal budget.

Somebody has to be dumb enough to take him.

Maybe Steeger can talk up his old buddy Bicks and get the Canes GM to bite. C'mon Steeger, do your magic!

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Giveaway? Weise is so much better than Danault for this team, this year and this year is all that matters right now. A 2nd in 2018 for Flash is nothing.

Danault is a 4th liner in the future, IMO. No guarantee he will even become a Kruger.

Who says Weise is gone next year? We will love him. He will be the one who #19 will give the Cup to first.

I could say a lot of things about this BWC guy, but I would end up banned from the site and I like everyone else too much so will bite tongue.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
Typical BS post. The loss of Danault will hurt in the future, yes. His PK minutes are easily replaced in the present. In fact his poor face-off percentage was hurting us but again that's sure to improve in the future. When it comes to "living for today" losing Danault for those two guys will make Hawks better in the PO's.

After thinking about this trade more, I like it.

But my issue still is that are missing a 4th Dman. Until we solve this, I won't be happy with the deadline. It is crucial to fix the defense because that's going to play a MAJOR role on if we win or not.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Nilsson traded for a 5th round pick.

Another horrible blunder by Stanley in the offseason to trade him for such a mediocre return. :laugh:

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hamhuis likely off the table unless Stan can move Bickell.

However, Liles (CAR) or Schlemko (NJD) would be good, cheaper alternatives.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Stan said he's likely done making moves. Is that just smoke and mirrors or is he serious? He said that the last few years and meant it, no?

Saw it on twitter.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
A 5th round pick is much better then garbage Stanley got from Oilers for him

:facepalm:

Stan said he's likely done making moves. Is that just smoke and mirrors or is he serious? He said that the last few years and meant it, no?

Saw it on twitter.

I mean unless he can dump Bickell (something he's been trying to do for over a year), there's no way we can make another move. I'm sure he's trying, it's just not likely.

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
Stan has done very well making all these moves so quickly - He's put the Hawks in a position to take advantage if someone gets desperate at the TDL.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Why are so many people worked up trading unproven NHL talent for proven NHL talent in order to win a cup? Who cares about 6 years from now? They a rebuild then. Chicago's window is now. I'd sooner look back in 10 years and see 4-5 cups then 3 and hover around mediocrity for the next 5 years. We have arguably the best core in the league and they're in their prime now. You need to detach your love for every prospect in the system.

Unproven prospects and picks have more value on this site than they do in real life.

QuennevillesDoghouse

Jun 9, 2013
We need another Dman to be safe from catastrophic injury. If hammer gets hurt or something we're pretty much toast if we don't get another vet at the deadline. I don't want to have to trust Roszival as a 3D in 2OT.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
We need another Dman to be safe from catastrophic injury. If hammer gets hurt or something we're pretty much toast if we don't get another vet at the deadline. I don't want to have to trust Roszival as a 3D in 2OT.

There would have to be quite a few injuries for Rozi to be our 3d.

Actually nevermind, Q does love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia