Trade Deadline (2/29): Who ya got? (Laddhawks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
no cause what some people don't know is that Q plays match up games as other coaches do but with Ladd-toews-hossa he has likely the best match up 2 way line in the league and with desi-kruger-shaw he has a 4th line that can be used against the opponents #1 line......

that means easier matches for the Party and TT lines.........that = success......

That's what people forget ... even on the road, the opponent's coach has to decide who to put his best defensive line against. And while he worries about the Hawk's first 2 lines, the depth on our 3rd and 4th lines dominate. That's been the key to our success during the Cup runs.

And we should be far better with possession ... taking a lot of pressure off our D Men.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
If Bowman can trade Bickell to make room for a top 4 dman while also getting rid of Bickell's contract for next year, this would end up being a perfect deadline. It's already been fantastic.

If Stan(ley) pulls that off, it's an all-time EPIC TDL flurry. Drop the mic. Epic.

Cup or bust. All in.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
No one wants Bickell, he is dead weight. Even if we retain 50% he is a dead 2 mil cap hit for someone. We would have to take just as big a piece of garbage back. I would think Bickell would have been gone a while ago if it was possible.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
No one wants Bickell, he is dead weight. Even if we retain 50% he is a dead 2 mil cap hit for someone. We would have to take just as big a piece of garbage back. I would think Bickell would have been gone a while ago if it was possible.

There have been rumors of some teams (most notably Toronto) being interested if the Hawks add the right picks and/or prospects. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but it's not impossible.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Stan gets an A- so far for this deadline. If he somehow gets rid of bickell while aquiring a top 4 d, he gets an A+ and I seriously might hang a poster of him in my living room.

2 time cup winner. he knows,what it takes

God awful argument. Bickell has two cups, should he be brought up? I believe scuderi has two should we require him? Besides one game in the SCF, Versteeg was very bad in the playoffs when he actually played and was a complete liability. No interest in bringing him back.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Lol if you told me one person on here wouldn't agree with stans deadline moves, I would have actually bet my car that it would be BWC. Oh well, pessimistic people are gonna be pessimistic. You keep sitting there with your arms crossed while I enjoy the golden age in Blackhawks hockey.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Lol if you told me one person on here wouldn't agree with stans deadline moves, I would have actually bet my car that it would be BWC. Oh well, pessimistic people are gonna be pessimistic. You keep sitting there with your arms crossed while I enjoy the golden age in Blackhawks hockey.

I am fine with his first two moves for most part (Don't like giving up Dano for rental though) ,, I don't like this one

It was too steep a price and I like Danault going forward to improve his NHL game and become a good one (Another Kruger)

With Kruger/Shaw and other cap casualties in coming years a guy like Danault will be sorely missed

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I am fine with his first two moves for most part (Don't like giving up Dano for rental though) ,, I don't like this one

It was too steep a price and I like Danault going forward to improve his NHL game and become a good one (Another Kruger)

With Kruger/Shaw and other cap casualties in coming years a guy like Danault will be sorely missed

Yawn...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

If the Hawks get another cup or two in the "coming years," Danault is an afterthought every single time.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Not sure how anyone can be happy with the Danault giveaway

Stanley overpaid badly ,,, There is no defending that trade

Giveaway? Weise is so much better than Danault for this team, this year and this year is all that matters right now. A 2nd in 2018 for Flash is nothing.

Danault is a 4th liner in the future, IMO. No guarantee he will even become a Kruger.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Our PK already sucks. Losing Danault isn't going to help that.

And if we don't have a good PK going into the playoffs, you can kiss the cup goodbye.

How much was Danault even playing on the PK? Ladd will PK. Kruger will PK when he returns. Hossa will be back on the PK. We have talented PKers if Q would stop putting them in that tiny little box in front of the net.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I've been, and continue to be, a big Pokka fan and I'm still not understanding the people who are saying he's untouchable.

He ain't THAT good. If I can dump Bickell and add a Hamhuis type, he's on the table for sure. Forsling is the one I don't let anyone touch.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
I've been, and continue to be, a big Pokka fan and I'm still not understanding the people who are saying he's untouchable.

He ain't THAT good. If I can dump Bickell and add a Hamhuis type, he's on the table for sure. Forsling is the one I don't let anyone touch.

I think its because people are expecting him to be on the big squad next season so they view him as untouchable.

Mad Brills*

So, as an outsider, what would you guys give up with bickell (no retained salary obviously) to dump him?

DayNah

Ship it donk!
Feb 11, 2010
Why are so many people worked up trading unproven NHL talent for proven NHL talent in order to win a cup? Who cares about 6 years from now? They a rebuild then. Chicago's window is now. I'd sooner look back in 10 years and see 4-5 cups then 3 and hover around mediocrity for the next 5 years. We have arguably the best core in the league and they're in their prime now. You need to detach your love for every prospect in the system.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Not sure how anyone can be happy with the Danault giveaway

Stanley overpaid badly ,,, There is no defending that trade

Danault is a fine player but not what we need right now. He reminds me a little bit of Skille - can't not love his energy but there's not a lot of upside there. At least that he's shown us. And god knows he's not winning face offs like we expect him to

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Forsling has done nothing to warrant being untouchable

Pokka is almost NHL ready and is more needed by Hawks in coming years then a guy like Forsling who still has to improve his skating and wont be making leap to NA for several more years

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Our PK already sucks. Losing Danault isn't going to help that.

And if we don't have a good PK going into the playoffs, you can kiss the cup goodbye.

Typical BS post. The loss of Danault will hurt in the future, yes. His PK minutes are easily replaced in the present. In fact his poor face-off percentage was hurting us but again that's sure to improve in the future. When it comes to "living for today" losing Danault for those two guys will make Hawks better in the PO's.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With Hawks again scouting the Canes

Does John Michael Liles seem like a guy Stan would be targeting? Would add vet depth and could slot into #4 or 5 spot while carrying an expiring contract

If Hawks are worried about Gus/Svedberg heading towards playoffs a vet like Liles could be target of Stanley

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
With Hawks again scouting the Canes

Does John Michael Liles seem like a guy Stan would be targeting? Would add vet depth and could slot into #4 or 5 spot while carrying an expiring contract

If Hawks are worried about Gus/Svedberg heading towards playoffs a vet like Liles could be target of Stanley

Not sure who we'll get, if anyone, but I agree that Stan is still looking for veteran depth on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad