Trade Deadline (2/29): Who ya got? (Laddhawks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Guess Q and Stan are happy with their D....

but I think that's pretty foolish, personally.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

dc2fd6da2c741a3b2f6ae5fcf700e06fafe43267ea271579118ef4292ffb25c6.jpg

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Liam Coughlin blows

Getting a 7th round pick would have been better haul ,, Hell future considerations would have been better

How would you know? What actually experience do you have judging talent or potential with hockey players? Considering you have been wrong about every other than Rundblad, I can say with certainty you have no idea what you are talking about.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
That's what people forget ... even on the road, the opponent's coach has to decide who to put his best defensive line against. And while he worries about the Hawk's first 2 lines, the depth on our 3rd and 4th lines dominate. That's been the key to our success during the Cup runs.

And we should be far better with possession ... taking a lot of pressure off our D Men.

This

Totally agree and i think some forget that, it's kind of like a 2 edged sword. During the 2014 po's weakness was a mediocre C and the inability to employ 4 solid lines, now we have that like last season.

Still amazing what Hawks did with the D situation during last years run, especially after Rozy got hurt. Exciting times boys & girls.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Not sure how anyone can be happy with the Danault giveaway

Stanley overpaid badly ,,, There is no defending that trade

Please explain. Oh wait you can't because he did not over pay. THis is similar to the Vermette trade last year where you said we overpaid and acted like Dahlstrom was the next Lidstrom when in reality he a #6 dman.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Guess Q and Stan are happy with their D....

but I think that's pretty foolish, personally.

They put more stock in making all 4 lines a threat. That means they expect Seabrook to get his act together and either TVR or Gus to improve enough to hold top 4 minutes. Risky, but I understand the thought process on the bottom 6. Miracle we have the record we do with one line carrying us the entire season. The D did have stretches earlier in the season they were very good (aruond the time of the back to back shutouts of Tampa and Anaheim and it carried on for a while). Since the 12 game winning streak they have been consistently below average.

My biggest concern defensively in the PK. If that gets shored up I think we can cope. A big if, they have been dreadful.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Well if Leafs/Bickell stuff has any truth then you flip Bickell with assets then trade for a Liles

Either way still not happy with this D given Gus inconsistency defensively , Svedberg's softness and Ehrhoff's suck

Have you ever been happy? Other than when Rundblad was sent away of course.

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
So we aren't getting a top 4 DMan?

Wellp so much for all these moves when we get burned on defense in the playoffs...

How the **** do you go all in but then don't fix the one gaping hole that may kill your team in the postseason??

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
So we aren't getting a top 4 DMan?

Wellp so much for all these moves when we get burned on defense in the playoffs...

How the **** do you go all in but then don't fix the one gaping hole that may kill your team in the postseason??

It is not a gaping hole if Gus gets back to where he was at the start of the year. Also having a 3rd pairing that is A LOT better takes away the need to have a stacked top pairing.

We are in pretty damn good shape and our forwards also take away the stress on our D.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
We need a GOOD top 4 Dman. Someone who is actually qualified to play in the top 4 for a cup contender. Anything short of that and we put ourselves in a vulnerable spot.

Of course they'd ideally get a top 4 dman, but it may not work out. And a good backup plan would be to get a cheaper, depth dman.

The Hawks can still win without getting someone like Hamhuis. They've already significantly improved the roster.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Of course they'd ideally get a top 4 dman, but it may not work out. And a good backup plan would be to get a cheaper, depth dman.

The Hawks can still win without getting someone like Hamhuis. They've already significantly improved the roster.

Agreed. Cheaper options like Liles or Schlemko would be fine IMO.

I dont like counting on two rookies and two corpses in the bottom 2 pairs.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Agreed. Cheaper options like Liles or Schlemko would be fine IMO.

I dont like counting on two rookies and two corpses in the bottom 2 pairs.

Who are the corpses?

I certainly know your not talking about Rozy who has been solid and dependable all year

As for Erhoff he may or may not suck but he is step up over Scuderi and Daley likely

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Who are the corpses?

I certainly know your not talking about Rozy who has been solid and dependable all year

As for Erhoff he may or may not suck but he is step up over Scuderi and Daley likely

False.
Rozy has had some good games, but recently he has not been very good.
Picking the wrong time to trend downward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad