Trade Deadline (2/29): Who ya got? (Laddhawks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Hawks have 1.2 mil without moving bickell or putting kruger on ltir.

Liles (for example) is 3.875 mil, and with CAR retaining 50%, he's 1.9375 mil. Perfectly doable. And if they won't retain as much, there's still room with kruger on ltir, provided bowman can get the hawks closer to the cap with internal moves today and tomorrow, to maximize his ltir relief.

Besides, this money turns into very little if it isn't utilizied by the deadline, no?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
You are saying Hawks have $1.2 million cap space remaining even if no move of Bickell?

IF they do move Bickell for his whole cap savings that brings in a better D-man into play for trading for ..but if they cannot move Bickell then for $1.2 million it dies not by much difference...better to allocate it on some of Panarin's bonuses so that we do not have to count that into next year's cap.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Schultz traded to Pens

Why would a playoff team want anything to do with Schultz? Guy is disaster in own end

Pens gave up a 3rd rounder for him

LOL ,, Worst Oiler defender and a guy who was just called out by his coach

How the hell did they get anything of value for that turd?

Youth and potential. Young dman like that can get a lot better with some good coaching.

Perhaps they see another Letang in this guy.

HawksFan86

Jul 2, 2011
So what does Cowen accomplish?

Looks like it saves $900,000 on cap hit (next season), I'm assuming Toronto would be retaining some as well hopefully?

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
cowen saves us money, we can buy him out and get like some credit for it, its a really weird thing in his contract

It's this year there is a benefit to buy him out, next year is a net penalty. So I don't see why we would do it, I don't think we need help this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad