Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

OilWagon

Jul 20, 2019
Edmonton
Does anyone actually like Dave Feschuk? I'm an Oilers fan but I listen to Overdrive quite often. As a non Leaf fan / Outsider he just seems incredibly smug and annoying. Reminds me of Mark Spector from Edmonton.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Those uncomfortably tight jackets he wears are half the reason I tune in these days.

Although the navy piece today looks better than previous episodes.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: OddyOh

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I don't blame him, Al's Brother is a gem

I don't have an issue with Feschuk, but would rather have Jonas if we are to compare these two writers/reporters.
Agreed. I like Al's Brother too. Feschuk is my least fav host, especially when it is just him and Hayes. Why so serious 🤡. Jonas is great, because he has some off the wall takes that spawn some fun discussions. This show is about entertainment for me, first and foremost. Feschuk is not entertaining imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: stickty111

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Jonas is only good when he is on with O because of the banter between the two of them is hilarious

Jonas is boring when on with other people. Just blends in.

Reactions: bax

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Catching up on Oilers radio from yesterday and boy are they SALTY. Bob Stauffer just hates the Leafs so much. He went off on a long tangent about Larry Murphy comparing his treatment here to Bouchard's treatment in Edmonton and had to shoehorn in a '67 joke.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Catching up on Oilers radio from yesterday and boy are they SALTY. Bob Stauffer just hates the Leafs so much. He went off on a long tangent about Larry Murphy comparing his treatment here to Bouchard's treatment in Edmonton and had to shoehorn in a '67 joke.
They should be more concerned with the fact they lost to the Sens than the Leafs.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
The saltiness between the fanbases and media of both teams is so weird. These teams have barely anything to do with each other yet each has a hard on for the other.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
The saltiness between the fanbases and media of both teams is so weird. These teams have barely anything to do with each other yet each has a hard on for the other.
Every major Canadian city has Toronto-phobia of some sort it seems. Has nothing to do with a specific sport, it's just city-hate. They latch on to the Leafs because they make it easy.

In Toronto's case, they have our hometown guy right. So it makes sense to me... but it is still weird.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Does anyone actually like Dave Feschuk? I'm an Oilers fan but I listen to Overdrive quite often. As a non Leaf fan / Outsider he just seems incredibly smug and annoying. Reminds me of Mark Spector from Edmonton.

Feschuk will always be remembered for this.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I'm assuming I am in the minority on this site, but she was embarrassing last night. A hundred times worse than the 'what if it was your son!!??' from a couple months back. I won't say any more.
she's on the top of my list of media along with Carlo i want gone , Carlo acting like he was a HOF'er and Jenny the neck for getting all wound up all the time

Reactions: the squared circle

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
I'm assuming I am in the minority on this site, but she was embarrassing last night. A hundred times worse than the 'what if it was your son!!??' from a couple months back. I won't say any more.
It might be split. Funny enough, when she is talking straight hockey I generally agree with her. She knows hockey, but she clearly does not know the NHL. Like it or lump it, fighting, retribution and payback are real things in this league. You can still have all that while respecting your opponent. I don't think she gets that part.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
I much prefer Caroline Cameron when she's sometimes on the broadcasts, alongside Jenny from the block.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Strudy is an awesome guest host for Overdrive. His laughter is so contagious.
He's on the Oilers SN intermission broadcast as well. Don't see too many guys on both TSN and SN.

His laugh is something else, perfect fit for the show. Sometimes I think he has tuned out, but I think he just doesn't show much facial expression.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It might be split. Funny enough, when she is talking straight hockey I generally agree with her. She knows hockey, but she clearly does not know the NHL. Like it or lump it, fighting, retribution and payback are real things in this league. You can still have all that while respecting your opponent. I don't think she gets that part.
Fighting, retribution, payback, hits, etc sells tickets and draws viewers. They don’t need it every night, but the potential for it is good.

She has every right to oppose it.

Reactions: wingman75

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad