Toronto Sports Media Discussion Thread - v7 (2022 Edition)

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
She knows hockey, but she clearly does not know the NHL.

Absolutely on both parts and this is why she really shouldn't have the job she has.

NHL Analysts should have first-hand experience playing in the actual NHL (like her co-stars Hrudey and Bieksa) as woman's hockey simply isn't the same. And it's not sexist - a man who never played in a woman's league shouldn't be analyzing their games either.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Absolutely on both parts and this is why she really shouldn't have the job she has.

NHL Analysts should have first-hand experience playing in the actual NHL (like her co-stars Hrudey and Bieksa) as woman's hockey simply isn't the same. And it's not sexist - a man who never played in a woman's league shouldn't be analyzing their games either.
Elliot Friedman never played at a high level hockey. Neither did Ron Maclean (but his experience as high level Ref is a good perspective.)

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
Does anyone actually like Dave Feschuk? I'm an Oilers fan but I listen to Overdrive quite often. As a non Leaf fan / Outsider he just seems incredibly smug and annoying. Reminds me of Mark Spector from Edmonton.

Mark Spector is a terrible human being. I am no fan of the Oilers but I feel sorry about them for having to answer his asinine questions. Also, his treatment of Archibald for a private medical decision was disgusting. I root against the Oilers because I just can't stand Spector.

Reactions: sxvnert

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Julian McKenzie doesn't seem to really understand why the irony of Tkachuk being pissed at an ENG after the Greig incident is so delicious.
That guy is the reason I find it difficult to listen to the Chris Johnston show. I cannot relate to that guys view at all. He comes off as a confrontationalist debater just for the sake of it. Really wish CJ had another 'host'.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
I have a soft spot for EF.

I remember when he, Marek and Strombo were producers for Spider Jones late night on The Fan 1430. Nice to see all 3 reach different career heights. Marek was very good on The L.A.W. way back when.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
That guy is the reason I find it difficult to listen to the Chris Johnston show. I cannot relate to that guys view at all. He comes off as a confrontationalist debater just for the sake of it. Really wish CJ had another 'host'.
Yeah think I listened to a few of their pods when they first started and had to stop because of Julian. The guy is just so monotone and boring when talking hockey.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
He’s a hardcore Habs fan, got the CalgaryAthletic gig thru his connections with Glynn/Wylde. Has a hard time sometimes suppressing his Montreal-ness

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Mark Spector is a terrible human being. I am no fan of the Oilers but I feel sorry about them for having to answer his asinine questions. Also, his treatment of Archibald for a private medical decision was disgusting. I root against the Oilers because I just can't stand Spector.

So because of Spector you feel sorry for them and root against them? Yeah, that makes sense..................

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The takes about NHL going to Utah were so bad from the boys on Overdrive last night lol. Or rather, they can have whatever opinions about the city and whatnot. But it really shouldn't be that perplexing, why it's happening. There's an owner and an arena ready to take on the team now, and the owner is committed to the team for a long time by developing a new arena. It's the same as with Winnipeg when they got their team back from Atlanta. Right place at the right time.

No, Quebec is not viable and probably never will be. If Steve Staios would've waited and not bought the Sens, maybe then?

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Why am I watching two spanish guys grunting on a clay court instead of Overdrive like the guide says? Who watches this crap?

Odd choice for TSN to pre empt Overdrive again for tennis while the Leafs are still playing meaningful games.

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
Hasn't Ontario banned the betting site ads with celebrities? I still see ones with McDavid, Just saw one with Jamie Foxx during Jays game.

MilkofthePoppy

Oct 27, 2022
So because of Spector you feel sorry for them and root against them? Yeah, that makes sense..................

I feel sorry for the players having to deal with him, but I don't want the team to have success because I hate his silly puff pieces. Does that make more sense?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad