Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Columbus - Friday Oct 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevieBlunder

Jun 17, 2015
Komarov on the top line how about that. Help boost Bozak's value please!

Also, Matthias-Kadri-Boyes could be our only scoring line...

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Lupes on the 4th line. That's something neither one of the past 2 coaches would have ever even considered. I love it! Coaches can preach accountability all they want, but it's a move like this that really sends the message.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
Lupul is already down the 4th line with the new coach.

Sending a message early for a top 6 forward.

That's just how Hendricks listed them. The Spaling line has gotten more minutes, and more important minutes than the Holland line.

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
There is no line 1, line 2, line 3, line 4, here. They are all about equal in talent

Well I did notice that during the Sens game, Babcock benched Arcobello, PAP and Grabner in the 3rd period.

He just rolled the Kadri, Bozak and Spaling lines and had Holland play on the wing on Kadri's line.

So there's 3 lines and a 4th line.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I think Babcock is trying to get both Offense and Checking on every line, all those lines can both score and check because of the player mix, next game could be interesting.

Defense also has those elements within each pairing.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Man this season is so painful :cry: there is literally nothing to look forward to.

I know we are supposed to be patient and expect a top lottery pick. But until that happens this is so frustrating. These lines are garbage. The team can't score goals. Goalies are not good. And we aren't really seeing any prospects :cry:

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Man this season is so painful :cry: there is literally nothing to look forward to.

I know we are supposed to be patient and expect a top lottery pick. But until that happens this is so frustrating. These lines are garbage. The team can't score goals. Goalies are not good. And we aren't really seeing any prospects :cry:

I agree. That lineup is so bad. if Babcock gets 25 wins out of this group, then he should have a statue on legend's row.

Gigi Elle

'Til I Die
Jan 5, 2015

Only three games in. You'll never make it :laugh:

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land

Well regardless, they're playing much better in terms of effort and style. So if people can't get behind that after all the bellyaching of the last 2 or 3 years then I don't know what to say really.

Much more watchable than before.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I love the fact Gardiner's been given an opportunity and has run away with it really well.

Gardiner and Kadri were the two biggest studs on our team that were treated badly, but I like where things are going. Gardiner got rewarded substantially and looks to be a lock for that top pairing this season. Kadri didn't follow up on his last two games and got his punishment for it. I'm confident though that Kadri will be given a LOT more opportunities soon.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Am I the only one who is enjoying our team even if the loses are coming? I mean I am seeing the change and I am seeing the smiles becuase htey are making progress?

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Fantastic quote by Babcock there that Budsfan just posted above... right at the end of the video.

The game of hockey is as much about how much your line is scoring as is how much is getting scored on you.

Probably a new concept to some of our younger Leafs fans but that Phil Kessel concept of off-the-rush, even-strength hockey is a thing of the past.

We're moving back to the more traditional way of playing the game.

I'm predicting about 20% of the players we currently have on our team are prepared to play that style.

Bad News Bears

All goalies be trash
May 22, 2009
Australia
CBus got pumped by the Sens. Bob looks like trash. Hopefully not a back-on-track game for him and a brick wall in goal again (playing Price was brutal enough). Our kids deserve a win for their effort.

horner

May 22, 2007
Well regardless, they're playing much better in terms of effort and style. So if people can't get behind that after all the bellyaching of the last 2 or 3 years then I don't know what to say really.

Much more watchable than before.

I am with you.

I love Babs and what he is teaching these players.

Colture means everyday you bring it.

Unlike last yr when we feel like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad