Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Columbus - Friday Oct 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Brills*

holy crap 6 days off. They don't have more than 4 more than 1x rest of season.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Bernier. Reimer had the easiest team and Babcock was able to work out some hitches made in the first two games when playing against Ottawa. Defense was much better, and I think a big part of that was taking out Harrington in favour of Polak and putting Hunwick on the 2nd line with Rielly instead of the top pairing with Phaneuf.

That alone showed positive results.

Really neither goalie has been bad, despite what their stats show. Most of the shots they could do very little about.

Offense still needs to be figured out, but I'm sure it will. Just need to see how you want to balance the top 6, because the bottom 6 has actually been pretty good.

ChickenMcNugget

Jun 20, 2014
Ontario, CA
Bernier. Reimer had the easiest team and Babcock was able to work out some hitches made in the first two games when playing against Ottawa. Defense was much better, and I think a big part of that was taking out Harrington in favour of Polak and putting Hunwick on the 2nd line with Rielly instead of the top pairing with Phaneuf.

That alone showed positive results.

Really neither goalie has been bad, despite what their stats show. Most of the shots they could do very little about.

Offense still needs to be figured out, but I'm sure it will. Just need to see how you want to balance the top 6, because the bottom 6 has actually been pretty good.

Bernier was BAD, he screwed up simple saves which is inexcusible. I think the defence was worse off at the start allowing 2 on 1s and breakaways but seemed to get better later on. I think right now the dif in save% is enough to put Riems in net

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Good effort for 2 of the 3 games. Entertaining too. Goaltending has been average to poor.

I am not sure if it's a product of their systems, but the scoring chances seem to be less this year. Once they start burying the chances they do have, they'll get more wins. Still Friday in Detroit was how I saw most of the games going this year. I have been surprised at the lower time in the D zone and the nice cycling game developing with a few lines. Fewer shots on goal against as well.

Little hope for playoffs still, but I could possibly watch this hockey this year..thought I was going to tune out pretty quickly. I have only really stopped watching once in my life, back in the 80's before they drafted Clark. I thought it was time for another sabbatical from them, but we will see.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
In the first person to be fired thread, people have mentioned Todd Richards. I thought CBJ was doing well.

Will the Pens finally breakout, with Phil being the only Pen to score so far? Johnson is another one on the hot seat.

Gigi Elle

'Til I Die
Jan 5, 2015
Good effort for 2 of the 3 games. Entertaining too. Goaltending has been average to poor.

I am not sure if it's a product of their systems, but the scoring chances seem to be less this year. Once they start burying the chances they do have, they'll get more wins. Still Friday in Detroit was how I saw most of the games going this year. I have been surprised at the lower time in the D zone and the nice cycling game developing with a few lines. Fewer shots on goal against as well.

Little hope for playoffs still, but I could possibly watch this hockey this year..thought I was going to tune out pretty quickly. I have only really stopped watching once in my life, back in the 80's before they drafted Clark. I thought it was time for another sabbatical from them, but we will see.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Even with the obviously rough season ahead I'm looking forward to it. Losses included. Looking forward to seeing improvement no matter how small or slow it happens. Watching them battle back to tie up the game Saturday night was even an improvement over last season.
Painful for sure but I'm excited that we're (hopefully) on the right path. Finally.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I think we win against CBJ but Pens roll us with Phil going off big.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
10 games in October, 60% of those games are back to back.

I remember reading an article about the NHL schedule a while back, and I think they said the Leafs have like 16 back to back games (32 games), most ever in the NHL.... not 100% on the numbers.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
It's a good time for the coaches to work with the team on an individual one to one basis, before the season started, there were way too many players to work with and now they can better position players and work on certain problems they have.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
10 games in October, 60% of those games are back to back.

I remember reading an article about the NHL schedule a while back, and I think they said the Leafs have like 16 back to back games (32 games), most ever in the NHL.... not 100% on the numbers.

There are 3 or 4 teams with more back to back games, We are something like top 5.

And than there are a few teams with only 7 or 8 back to backs.

I reckon more back-to-backs is good for the tank.

#NHLWantsMatthewsInTO

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
u gave bernier the job, u gotta give him more than 2 games to lose his job, besides our 2nd candidate has the worst goals against average in nhl past 2 seasons

say what u want about reims but teams just score on him, he just allows goals, period

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Reimer should get the nod, not because he has been better but because Bernier has been worse.

Having Bozak playing with JVR and Kadri playing with Lupul might not be such a bad idea, the pairings have had chemistry in the past (even do the JVR n´Bozak paring had a rather strong influence from that other dude).

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Willing to bet $1000 Phil lights us up. Unlike how Boston used to always shut him down

Phaneuf should take it as a personal challenge but we all know what a lazy **** he is

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
He's terrible. He was a big reason the team stunk last year. Not sure how he and Kadri got raises. MLSE is so stupid.
lol what
MLSE and Babcock are so dumb.

You should be on the payroll or earning the 50 million for 8 years since you have the "eye" to spot these kind of talent, especially Reimer skillz..
HFboards knows more about hockey than Babcock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia