Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] T.J. Brodie signs with the Maple Leafs (4 years, $5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Well you are the one that started the derailing of this thread by crapping on a Flames player.
All I said was that Brodie going to Toronto was the best thing for Andersson as it will give him a chance to play on the first d-line with Gio and learn from him and prove he has the talent to stay there.
... then you the opportunity to crap on a Flames player by saying that no way was Andersson a #2 d-man.... and the derail began.

And nobody wants to go to your OOT to discuss this and put up with the shit and abuse that will come about by posting there... as frequently happens when other fans do post there.
This is what you guys do, a narrative is made up and you guys copy it. That’s not what I did, I complimented gio and yes I stated that Andersson is not a #2 defencemen. It’s absolutely absurd and in no way controversial. But we got to reel it back, you keep talking about andersson in this thread and I want to move on.

I’ll @ you in the Oilers OOT thread.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I laid it out multiple times, very clearly, and provided additional explanation when you weren't understanding. Not really sure what else I can do.

It is not false. There were other changes, and shootouts are not hockey; they are a gimmick that is not representative of team quality.

You may not like it but they are part of the game

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You may not like it but they are part of the game
The league can do whatever they want, but I'm discussing actual hockey. A team is not better or worse at hockey because they won or lost some shootouts, but some people have convinced themselves of that because they refuse to look or consider anything beyond one singular raw point number.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
The league can do whatever they want, but I'm discussing actual hockey. A team is not better or worse at hockey because they won or lost some shootouts, but some people have convinced themselves of that because they refuse to look or consider anything beyond one singular raw point number.
:laugh: This guy is back. Fight the power..,.or start your own league where your stats matter

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That might be a problem: short term vision...

I don't see short term vision from management, 2019 was the only year since 2010 they haven't had a 1st round pick, teams that have short term vision gut their farm system the Leafs haven't done that, in fact they have rebuilt it.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

That's because raw point totals decide the standings and therefore playoff spots

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
That's because raw point totals decide the standings and therefore playoff spots
That's nice, but we're not discussing playoff spots. And actually, raw point totals don't even depict the standings, because standings are relative. The 2017-2018 team and 2018-2019 team had different raw point totals, but had the same place in the standings.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017

Looking back on past seasons, sure, raw point totals are the only thing you need because it already happened. That doesn't mean that past raw totals are useful as a predictive tool for the future. Winning or losing 10 shootouts completely changes a team's record even though they're neither better nor worse at playoff hockey where shootouts don't matter. Your team going from 10 SOL to 10 SOW does not mean your team has improved, just like the opposite doesn't mean your team got worse.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ottawa fan right?
I cant think of a good enough joke for the bolded...I'm ashamed

Lemme guess, they were too young and inexperienced to do anything a few years ago? Too small and weak last year....

You're running out of runway Sens fan.
Lol ,again have I said anything that isnt true???That bottom 6 is garbage,and will again have the leafs out early should they make the playoffs at all...This isnt me running the Leafs down this is pretty much fact...Dubas should be on thin ice ,as he has done nothing but shed good players for older ones

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
A team is not better or worse at hockey because they won or lost some shootouts, but some people have convinced themselves of that because they refuse to look or consider anything beyond one singular raw point number.

These are the same bozos that have convinced themselves that the team that wins the most playoff games is somehow the best and refuse to look at any other metrics beyond that.

Idiots.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Thornton and Simmonds are not soft players but people keep saying they are
There were hard players 5 or 6 years ago,now they are old and slow....My point is that Dubas has done a horrible job at putting correct balance in this lineup...With the talent that team has up front there is no freaken way they should still be looking for their first playoff win...

Reactions: WetcoastOrca
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad