Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Patrick Marleau - 3 years, $6.25M AAV (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Dominic Moore. Ron Hainsey. Old man Marleau.

Where. Show me where are the improvments. These moves are just histarical.

You just listed them. Add another year of experience for the 7 rookies we had and you got a good team going forward.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
There’s no risk. His contract is insanely moveable for the third year. You have no idea what you’re talking about, sorry.

You guys thought we were near the cap before, we just used extra cap space to get an extra asset. That’s all.

how? its AAV....... he'll be 41..... with a NMC

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
This deal is fine. Marleau is super fast and still has great hands. They're not asking him to play 20+ minutes out there. He'll help on the powerplay, relieve pressure off Hyman and JVR/Marner and just give them another in a huge arsenal of threats.

They'll likely part ways in year three, and in the meantime, will have added some veteran knowledge to the lineup.

Cogent deal by Lamoriello...
:rant:

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
You just listed them. Add another year of experience for the 7 rookies we had and you got a good team going forward.

Right? We just made the playoffs. From what I recall, that’s all you need to do to get a shot at the cup. :laugh:

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
LMAO congrats Toronto you played yourself. I thought the Leafs had the best management lol some things never change

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It's an overpayment without question, but management has put the team in a position to absorb the AAV on a short term.

The only thing that isn't questionable in my opinion is that the Leafs are a better team now than they were yesterday.

clownshoes

Mar 5, 2008
Windowless room
Crazy. Wonder if they're more inclined to trade jvr now. Also, how are they going to afford all the soon to be RFAs? Mathews, marner and nylander?

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
This deal is fine. Marleau is super fast and still has great hands. They're not asking him to play 20+ minutes out there. He'll help on the powerplay, relieve pressure off Hyman and JVR/Marner and just give them another in a huge arsenal of threats.

They'll likely part ways in year three, and in the meantime, will have added some veteran knowledge to the lineup.

Cogent deal by Lamoriello...
:rant:
only way hes not getting his cash is if he retires and he isn't leaving 6.25 on the table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad