Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Patrick Marleau - 3 years, $6.25M AAV (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBobs

Dec 26, 2013
Canada
Have to imagine that Babcock was the deciding factor here (both for player and team).

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
You guys realize Marleau has to be in before 10PM every night or he gets locked out of the old folks home, right?:laugh:

The 3 Stooges ride again.

tough offseason for your habs, i get it.

especially tough when the leafs have done nothing but improve.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto

It seems a lot of people here don't realize that a lot of planning goes into this before handing contract out like this. The timing is great and we have a lot UFAs during the 2018-2019. It won't affect the future of Leafs cap structure as much as people think it would

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Going to Arizona in year 3 of that deal. Then he retires.

Then we get more tears about Loophole Lou and his magic.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
We filled out our roster with extra cap space, and got two proven veterans on short term deals. I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

You overpaid for players you didn't need who could potentially be dead weight. There's too much risk for where your franchise is to justify the deals

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
This is an awful deal any way you cut it. I pray to god that there is another deal coming because this just makes no sense. When I say another deal coming, I mean somehow we land Trouba for a package that includes JvR. Who lead the team last year, the kids. Where did we get to? The playoffs. Now all of a sudden we need etran leadership to take that next step? This is why Toronto will always be the laughing stock of the NHL. Sorry but old man Lou needs to be fired right away.

Thanks for ruining the long weekend.

Pops

Sep 22, 2016
Wow, over 1000 posts, whether you hate them or love em, no team gets the responses the leafs get,when they make a move

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
oilers and habs get worse, canucks try to improve a hopeless team, and their fans are all over here raging in force that the leafs have done nothing but improve.

gotta be tough. i feel for you guys.

Committing nearly 10 million into two guys over 35 isn't a sauve move.

Let's be real though: since it's the Leafs doing this, it's a genius move. If it were Edmonton or Kintreal, you'd be the first one to say how horrible these moves are.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
You overpaid for players you didn't need who could potentially be dead weight. There's too much risk for where your franchise is to justify the deals

There’s no risk. His contract is insanely moveable for the third year. You have no idea what you’re talking about, sorry.

You guys thought we were near the cap before, we just used extra cap space to get an extra asset. That’s all.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
a 38 year old with a massive contract playing on a run and gun team.... makes sense....... oh and a buyout still means the leafs are on it for the 6+ million.... genious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad