Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] Patrick Marleau - 3 years, $6.25M AAV (part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
oilers and habs get worse, canucks try to improve a hopeless team, and their fans are all over here raging in force that the leafs have done nothing but improve.

gotta be tough. i feel for you guys.

You guys realize Marleau has to be in before 10PM every night or he gets locked out of the old folks home, right?:laugh:

The 3 Stooges ride again.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
This has David Clarkson 2.0 written all over it. :laugh:

:laugh:

Sure

I mean other than Marleau being a significantly better player, and the term being much less, sure.

Pretty telling this thread if filled with jealous Oiler, Canucks and Habs fans. Hate on, it fuels us.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
oilers and habs get worse, canucks try to improve a hopeless team, and their fans are all over here raging in force that the leafs have done nothing but improve.

gotta be tough. i feel for you guys.

Fans of bad teams know what a bad deal looks like. This a bad deal and anyone trying to spin it otherwise is delusional. The Leafs have made a lot of good moves since ShanaLam took over, but this and the Hainsey deal are a clear step back.

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada

Sure

I mean other than Marleau being a significantly better player, and the term being much less, sure.

Pretty telling this thread if filled with jealous Oiler, Canucks and Habs fans. Hate on, it fuels us.
Speaking of fuel, you guys better find some old gas stations. Marleau runs on leaded fuel.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON
You guys are taking the bait. Let opposition fans mock the deal. Who cares. We should be glad we got a vet. He's a good addition.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
Fans of bad teams know what a bad deal looks like. This a bad deal and anyone trying to spin it otherwise is delusional. The Leafs have made a lot of good moves since ShanaLam took over, but this and the Hainsey deal are a step back.

We filled out our roster with extra cap space, and got two proven veterans on short term deals. I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
Our weakest forward position is definitely LW, so he should be a nice addition to any of the top 3 lines. Makes me wonder who he's going to be playing with (hopefully Matthews' line in place of Hyman)

7 games away from 1,500 and hasn't missed a game since 08-09

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I can always count on the Toronto Maples leafs to give me a good laugh every off season. Well done Lou. Well done.

Virtanen over Nylander doesn't give you a good enough laugh?

What about the Luongo/Schneider debacle?

Or when you burned your city to the ground?

Tons of lol's to go around.

TML23

Aug 2, 2008
Toronto
Fans of bad teams know what a bad deal looks like. This a bad deal and anyone trying to spin it otherwise is delusional. The Leafs have made a lot of good moves since ShanaLam took over, but this and the Hainsey deal are a step back.

Why is that? I would like to understand your thought process.

We are not going to have ANY cap issue during the next two years. Hainsey and Marleau deal will "most" likely end in two years. We have yet to see a signing this off-season that is more than 3 years.

Looking at how other RFA/UFA stars are getting minimum 8 year 7 million deals, why not try to go for a playoff run in the next two years with short-contracts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino