Confirmed Signing with Link: [TOR] John Tavares signs with the Leafs (7 years, $11M AAV) Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
by the way in early february this is what HF boards thought of the top C in the league

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/who-is-the-10th-best-centre.2445949/

1. Sidney Crosby
  2. Connor McDavid
  3. Evgeny Malkin
  4. John Tavares
  5. Patrice Bergeron
  6. Steven Stamkos
  7. Anze Kopitar
  8. Nathan MacKinnon
  9. Mark Scheifele
  10. Auston Matthews

doesnt seem like he was too overrated as a member of the islanders. ppg+ guy that plays a solid 200ft game
he is gonna have a big season surrounded by guys that can play (and not being expected to carry his linemates)
worth every penny

LMAO. Of course he was. This site is so anti-Leaf at times it's not even funny!!

Now Tavares will be overrated.......one dimensional......overpaid......too slow.........lacking character......

Whatever. :)

PhiladelphiaKessel

DontCrossthe****Line
Aug 9, 2010
by the way in early february this is what HF boards thought of the top C in the league

1. Sidney Crosby
  2. Connor McDavid
  3. Evgeny Malkin
  4. John Tavares
  5. Patrice Bergeron
  6. Steven Stamkos
  7. Anze Kopitar
  8. Nathan MacKinnon
  9. Mark Scheifele
  10. Auston Matthews

doesnt seem like he was too overrated as a member of the islanders. ppg+ guy that plays a solid 200ft game
he is gonna have a big season surrounded by guys that can play (and not being expected to carry his linemates)
worth every penny
Lmao. Quite sad these boards. The jersey on a player changes their value significantly

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

1. Sidney Crosby
  2. Connor McDavid
  3. Evgeny Malkin
  4. John Tavares
  5. Patrice Bergeron
  6. Steven Stamkos
  7. Anze Kopitar
  8. Nathan MacKinnon
  9. Mark Scheifele
  10. Auston Matthews

worth every penny

:laugh:

That says it all about HF. From #4 to barely top 20 because he changed his jersey.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
LMAO. Of course he was. This site is so anti-Leaf at times it's not even funny!!

Now Tavares will be overrated.......one dimensional......overpaid......too slow.........lacking character......

Whatever. :)

lol. you get used to it. a leafs player could lose a poll based solely on being a leaf and some of the comments will still be about how all votes are from leaf fans. so they make a "leafs fan voting ___" option

pitty is still the champ with malkin,crosby,brassard but the leafs are #2 with matthews,tavares,kadri
Mcdavid,Draisaitl and random #3 scrub are close though just because mcdavid. recency bias aside the caps are up there with backstrom,kuznetsov and eller.

cant wait till october

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
I mean as someone who has experience with cheering for poorly run teams....

good luck man, the oilers got a long road ahead of em

Yeaah, we have been in the basement for a decade, but at least theres people alive who experience the cup wins! Oilers was a judge fail(Toronto) away from a conference final.

Leafs hasnt passed the first round yet and still you and other fans thinks they are contenders(even last season), JT are good but not the missing piece, the offensive is the smallest problem, in the regulary season at least.

Vegas showed that a team without superstars could reach the finals if you are built for a playoff, have 4 lines who plays hard.

Leafs arent in that group who can go all the way next season, the overall defence is to bad, to many soft players who dissapear in tight playoff games. Last season Andersen and Mr backup stole games at regulary basis in a crappy division when the team was outshot and outplayed. They couldnt do it in the playoffs, says alot how bad the Leafs defence are.

Last season Leafs fans told me that Gardiner was a true no 1 D and zaitsev a 2. LOL! Your best D are Reilly who has brainfarts in own zone though and then. Dermott was sheltered and can easily crap the bed with tougher duty. Borgman was the only D who can protect around the crease , but dont show up every night, he is also a turnovermachine who cost goals against, could easily go to the farm.

Then you have a pretty old Rosen in the farm who couldnt brake into a crappy D last season.Rookie Liljegren is a big questionmark, who need sheltered time and has defensive issues.

I like Oilers chances to go all the way soon, we had no depth on D last injury cursed season and it cost us, now we have depth at 4-6 and a young Nurse who had a career year last season . A healthy Klefbom and Larsson is money on the bank, Larsson shuts down anyone in the leuage, Klefbom has offensive upside . Back to a normal pp and with a normal pk, we will reach the playoffs with a wide marginal

We have McDavid the best offensive player on the planet, Drai and Rnh is a really good 1- 2 and 2-3 hadnt changed them with any teams top 3 C and they are young and have their prime in the front of them.

Talbot could be a problem if he not bouncing back. but he will have more help in a healthy team.

Oilers showed 2 season ago that they are a tough nut to crack, big and plays hard, thats whats missing in a Leafs team, to many soft regular season performers.

If i was a Leafs fan, i wouldnt talk so much about contending before you even won a 1st round in a playoff and 50 years since a cup. it make no sense!

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Yeaah, we have been in the basement for a decade, but at least theres people alive who experience the cup wins! Oilers was a judge fail(Toronto) away from a conference final.

Leafs hasnt passed the first round yet and still you and other fans thinks they are contenders(even last season), JT are good but not the missing piece, the offensive is the smallest problem, in the regulary season at least.

Vegas showed that a team without superstars could reach the finals if you are built for a playoff, have 4 lines who plays hard.

Leafs arent in that group who can go all the way next season, the overall defence is to bad, to many soft players who dissapear in tight playoff games. Last season Andersen and Mr backup stole games at regulary basis in a crappy division when the team was outshot and outplayed. They couldnt do it in the playoffs, says alot how bad the Leafs defence are.

Last season Leafs fans told me that Gardiner was a true no 1 D and zaitsev a 2. LOL! Your best D are Reilly who has brainfarts in own zone though and then. Dermott was sheltered and can easily crap the bed with tougher duty. Borgman was the only D who can protect around the crease , but dont show up every night, he is also a turnovermachine who cost goals against, could easily go to the farm.

Then you have a pretty old Rosen in the farm who couldnt brake into a crappy D last season.Rookie Liljegren is a big questionmark, who need sheltered time and has defensive issues.

I like Oilers chances to go all the way soon, we had no depth on D last injury cursed season and it cost us, now we have depth at 4-6 and a young Nurse who had a career year last season . A healthy Klefbom and Larsson is money on the bank, Larsson shuts down anyone in the leuage, Klefbom has offensive upside . Back to a normal pp and with a normal pk, we will reach the playoffs with a wide marginal

We have McDavid the best offensive player on the planet, Drai and Rnh is a really good 1- 2 and 2-3 hadnt changed them with any teams top 3 C and they are young and have their prime in the front of them.

Talbot could be a problem if he not bouncing back. but he will have more help in a healthy team.

Oilers showed 2 season ago that they are a tough nut to crack, big and plays hard, thats whats missing in a Leafs team, to many soft regular season performers.

If i was a Leafs fan, i wouldnt talk so much about contending before you even won a 1st round in a playoff and 50 years since a cup. it make no sense!
Edmonton has drafted in the top 10 in nine of the last ten years and you're acting like this? The Oilers are no better than the Leafs.

Reactions: Lilou

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada

You lost today kid, but that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Tavares to Marner

Dec 20, 2011
Hamilton

if you saw, it was the oilers talking before Toronto

Pelle31

Apr 3, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Leaf haters are in disbelief. They can't understand why anyone would sign with gods team. Wow this feels soooooo good! I've been smiling all week. Happy anniversary indeed!
Lol, God's team! I guess God has a great sense of humour, he made some Leaf fans delusional about their team for the last 51 years and counting. But whatever gets you through the day!

Reactions: haveandare

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
never heard very much about tavares being overrated until july 1

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/who-is-the-4th-best-centre.2443075/

Tavares was voted the 4th best center on these board 5 months ago.
if you redid the poll now he might finish top 10

Oh I was soooooo hoping someone would dig something like that up today!

Oh these boards! Such precious little snowflakes!

Now I want a Stanley Cup now more than ever because watching these boards absolutely IMPLODE will be gorgeous!

Reactions: DirkStraun
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad