Top Potential UFA NCAA Prospects this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am very interested to see what happens with Michael Pastujov. I think someone might take a chance and draft him this year, but the freshman has looked pretty good so far, just can't stay healthy for the life of him. If he can finally stay healthy, the once touted first round pick has a chance to either get drafted or signed as the skill was there, but the body hasn't been. Keep an eye out for him as he will be getting an increased role with Michigan next year with some of the players graduating ahead of him.

tcat84

Sep 15, 2014
good sign by Vegas, they can use a lot of these kids to fill up their system...hope the best for the kid as well!

What is so special about Whitecloud? The division is pretty weak and there's guys that are doing pretty well offensively in the same division and they're not even mentioned in potential NCAA signings?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What's story on Dylan Sikura of Northeastern?.....will be sign with the Hawks or become a UFA in August?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
What's story on Dylan Sikura of Northeastern?.....will be sign with the Hawks or become a UFA in August?
He'll likely sign with Chicago. Hawks gave his older brother Tyler an NHL contract just a few days ago and it'd be a real dick move to not sign after that that.

It's not like Tyler Sikura was a Hawks prospect or anything. He was signed as a free agent to play in Rockford, even though he had thought last summer that he'd likely have to be in the ECHL again. Got the call from Chicago about playing in the AHL while he was in a car with Dylan and apparently the older Sikura broke down in tears on the phone. He did admittedly do decent in the AHL, but probably wouldn't have gotten that contract or the NHL contract if not for his connection with his brother.

Their father also apparently got really emotional about talking about his kids getting so far in their careers, and was very appreciative for everything the Hawks have done for his family.

So like I said, it'd be a dick move for Dylan to not sign with us. Worst thing that'd happen to him if he signed here is he and his brother end up playing in Rockford together next year. Worst thing if he doesn't sign with us is that he's playing in the AHL without his bro. Seems like it should be an easy decision.

Reactions: Habs76

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
They really gotta change the junior/college player UFA rules where they simply become offer-sheet eligible with proper draft pick compensation if they sign with another team than the one that drafted them. I believe right now the original team just gets a single crappier pick in the draft, and not even from the team that signed their player?

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
They really gotta change the junior/college player UFA rules where they simply become offer-sheet eligible with proper draft pick compensation if they sign with another team than the one that drafted them. I believe right now the original team just gets a single crappier pick in the draft, and not even from the team that signed their player?

The NHL can't change the rule on its own, it'd have to be part of the next CBA negotiation. The NHLPA isn't going to concede on it without getting some sort of concession. Meanwhile it's probably not a hot button issue for most owners since only a handful of players go this route each year. Draft pick compensation only happens if the player was a former first round pick.

Reactions: Chainshot

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
also, Scott Perunovich is having a hell of a year - I am not going to guess what round this kid gets drafted at, but damn if he doesn't get picked in the 2nd round, there is something wrong with GMs and 2nd year eligible players...

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
also, Scott Perunovich is having a hell of a year - I am not going to guess what round this kid gets drafted at, but damn if he doesn't get picked in the 2nd round, there is something wrong with GMs and 2nd year eligible players...
I saw him play in mid November and told a few friends, NHL brass, they better get out to see Duluth without letting them know who he was. They figured it out.
I also mentioned him early on in WJC thread and people didn't agree with me. He made team, didn't have the best tournament but wasn't horrible.
He's having a great year stat wise playing on a really good young team in the toughest conference in NCAA
He's small, under 5'10 175 lbs but is very smart.
Needs to be much better Defensively ( not many D don't ) and doesn't play with an edge.
3rd year draft eligible so I don't know how high but definitely should go in top 100.
Some question marks for GM's is ...... Is this close to the kids ceiling ? How much more development is in the tank ? How does his game translate to NHL ?

Reactions: AmericanDream

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The way the NHL has been trending, a small blueliner who is both quick of feet and quick of mind definitely has a shot. And I really think the stigma of taking a guy who has been eligible in the past fairly high in the draft is being broken down as well. The only thing worse than being wrong once is being wrong multiple times!

ref88

Feb 14, 2018
I saw him play in mid November and told a few friends, NHL brass, they better get out to see Duluth without letting them know who he was. They figured it out.
I also mentioned him early on in WJC thread and people didn't agree with me. He made team, didn't have the best tournament but wasn't horrible.
He's having a great year stat wise playing on a really good young team in the toughest conference in NCAA
He's small, under 5'10 175 lbs but is very smart.
Needs to be much better Defensively ( not many D don't ) and doesn't play with an edge.
3rd year draft eligible so I don't know how high but definitely should go in top 100.
Some question marks for GM's is ...... Is this close to the kids ceiling ? How much more development is in the tank ? How does his game translate to NHL ?
Should have been drafted out in 2016 but had a terrible year in Cedar Rapids last year.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Anyone know of any NHL buzz around Notre Dame goalie Cale Morris? Announced as Big 10 player of the year.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Anyone know of any NHL buzz around Notre Dame goalie Cale Morris? Announced as Big 10 player of the year.

I think it is safe to 90% of the NHL teams are looking to sign him. goalie prospects aren't falling from trees, so this kid is drawing a ton of attention. Hawks need goalies, kid played next state over - hopefully we have a shot to land him

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
I think it is safe to 90% of the NHL teams are looking to sign him. goalie prospects aren't falling from trees, so this kid is drawing a ton of attention. Hawks need goalies, kid played next state over - hopefully we have a shot to land him
Goalie prospects might be one of the biggest surpluses around the league. Not saying Morris isn't highly coveted though.

tcat84

Sep 15, 2014
Maybe for some teams, but ARZ, CHI, COL, SJS, VGK don't really have any great goalie prospects, TBL, DET, FLA, NJ, PIT, ANA, LAK, MIN, NSH, only have 1 legit goalie prospect, plus Isles, Was, Rangers might have to replace their russian prospects in case they never plan on coming over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad