Top Potential UFA NCAA Prospects this year

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Caged Great, Oct 13, 2011.

1. AmericanDream

AmericanDream Adopted Canadian

I am very interested to see what happens with Michael Pastujov. I think someone might take a chance and draft him this year, but the freshman has looked pretty good so far, just can't stay healthy for the life of him. If he can finally stay healthy, the once touted first round pick has a chance to either get drafted or signed as the skill was there, but the body hasn't been. Keep an eye out for him as he will be getting an increased role with Michigan next year with some of the players graduating ahead of him.

2. AmericanDream

good sign by Vegas, they can use a lot of these kids to fill up their system...hope the best for the kid as well!

HanSolo likes this.
  3. tcat84

tcat84 Registered User

What is so special about Whitecloud? The division is pretty weak and there's guys that are doing pretty well offensively in the same division and they're not even mentioned in potential NCAA signings?

4. Mickey the mouse

Mickey the mouse Registered User

6'2" RHD who is supposed to be a mobile puck mover.
    Grant Hutton , Miami is another like him

5. VanJack

VanJack Registered User

What's story on Dylan Sikura of Northeastern?.....will be sign with the Hawks or become a UFA in August?

6. CallMeShaft

CallMeShaft Hawks Fan

HF Hawks best GDT maker
    He'll likely sign with Chicago. Hawks gave his older brother Tyler an NHL contract just a few days ago and it'd be a real dick move to not sign after that that.

It's not like Tyler Sikura was a Hawks prospect or anything. He was signed as a free agent to play in Rockford, even though he had thought last summer that he'd likely have to be in the ECHL again. Got the call from Chicago about playing in the AHL while he was in a car with Dylan and apparently the older Sikura broke down in tears on the phone. He did admittedly do decent in the AHL, but probably wouldn't have gotten that contract or the NHL contract if not for his connection with his brother.

Their father also apparently got really emotional about talking about his kids getting so far in their careers, and was very appreciative for everything the Hawks have done for his family.

So like I said, it'd be a dick move for Dylan to not sign with us. Worst thing that'd happen to him if he signed here is he and his brother end up playing in Rockford together next year. Worst thing if he doesn't sign with us is that he's playing in the AHL without his bro. Seems like it should be an easy decision.

Habs76 likes this.
  7. Siludin

Siludin Registered User

They really gotta change the junior/college player UFA rules where they simply become offer-sheet eligible with proper draft pick compensation if they sign with another team than the one that drafted them. I believe right now the original team just gets a single crappier pick in the draft, and not even from the team that signed their player?

8. Brodeur

Brodeur Registered User

The NHL can't change the rule on its own, it'd have to be part of the next CBA negotiation. The NHLPA isn't going to concede on it without getting some sort of concession. Meanwhile it's probably not a hot button issue for most owners since only a handful of players go this route each year. Draft pick compensation only happens if the player was a former first round pick.

Chainshot likes this.
  9. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Registered User

Home Page:
    chances of Goransson and Calderone getting an ELC?

10. AmericanDream

you would think Calderone would get something after the year he has had...he had good numbers out of the USHL as well, surprised nobody ever took a chance on him.

11. AmericanDream

also, Scott Perunovich is having a hell of a year - I am not going to guess what round this kid gets drafted at, but damn if he doesn't get picked in the 2nd round, there is something wrong with GMs and 2nd year eligible players...

12. Mickey the mouse

I saw him play in mid November and told a few friends, NHL brass, they better get out to see Duluth without letting them know who he was. They figured it out.
    I also mentioned him early on in WJC thread and people didn't agree with me. He made team, didn't have the best tournament but wasn't horrible.
    He's having a great year stat wise playing on a really good young team in the toughest conference in NCAA
    He's small, under 5'10 175 lbs but is very smart.
    Needs to be much better Defensively ( not many D don't ) and doesn't play with an edge.
    3rd year draft eligible so I don't know how high but definitely should go in top 100.
    Some question marks for GM's is ...... Is this close to the kids ceiling ? How much more development is in the tank ? How does his game translate to NHL ?

AmericanDream likes this.
  13. BKarchitect

BKarchitect Registered User

The way the NHL has been trending, a small blueliner who is both quick of feet and quick of mind definitely has a shot. And I really think the stigma of taking a guy who has been eligible in the past fairly high in the draft is being broken down as well. The only thing worse than being wrong once is being wrong multiple times!

14. ref88

ref88 Registered User

Should have been drafted out in 2016 but had a terrible year in Cedar Rapids last year.

15. Mickey the mouse

He'll be much better off if he's not drafted.
    Better to be an UFA

16. ref88

ref88 Registered User

True. He won't be an NHL'er except for a handful of games here and there possibly but you are right he is better off if he can pick.

17. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Registered User

Home Page:
    he's 2 yrs left on college - but how do you like Nico Sturm in Clarkson? 36pts in 37 games ...

18. Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy Registered User

Any one have anything to report on Ryan Scarfo Union College? What kind of player is he?

19. pckstpr31

pckstpr31 Registered User

Anyone know of any NHL buzz around Notre Dame goalie Cale Morris? Announced as Big 10 player of the year.

20. AmericanDream

I think it is safe to 90% of the NHL teams are looking to sign him. goalie prospects aren't falling from trees, so this kid is drawing a ton of attention. Hawks need goalies, kid played next state over - hopefully we have a shot to land him

21. Mickey the mouse

I'll say 91% :)

AmericanDream likes this.
  22. Habs76

Habs76 Registered User

Goalie prospects might be one of the biggest surpluses around the league. Not saying Morris isn't highly coveted though.

23. tcat84

tcat84 Registered User

Maybe for some teams, but ARZ, CHI, COL, SJS, VGK don't really have any great goalie prospects, TBL, DET, FLA, NJ, PIT, ANA, LAK, MIN, NSH, only have 1 legit goalie prospect, plus Isles, Was, Rangers might have to replace their russian prospects in case they never plan on coming over.

24. hb11xchamps

hb11xchamps Registered User

Think Shane Gersich signs with Washington now that his season's over?

25. Duke16

Duke16 Registered User

HFer
    Any NCAA UFA's that could make an NHL impact immediately?