Top Potential UFA NCAA Prospects this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Could you provide link to Hockey News reference? Would be interested in HN comments but I can't find anything on the website.

HAHAHAH
4 Games in. And who cares about Hutton I never said, top NCAA free agent defenseman I said "FORWARD". And the The hockey news agrees with that they Sherwood is a top free agent.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Anyone who follows NCAA hockey can you comment on Zach Whitecloud, defenceman for Bemidji State? They had a nice weekend going 1-0-1 vs Minnesota Duluth and he seems to be a team leader. 2 assists and ice time in all situations.

He's the nephew of a friend of mine so it would be cool to see him get a shot.

http://www.windspeaker.com/news/windspeaker-news/nhl-teams-giving-zach-whitecloud-a-serious-look/

Article from the summer. He attended Kings prospect camp, but had overtures from 29 teams. According to the article, a few teams tried to sign him after his freshman season in 2016. That and he was added to Canada's Karjala Cup roster, so he's getting a look as a possible Olympic candidate.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
http://www.windspeaker.com/news/windspeaker-news/nhl-teams-giving-zach-whitecloud-a-serious-look/

Article from the summer. He attended Kings prospect camp, but had overtures from 29 teams. According to the article, a few teams tried to sign him after his freshman season in 2016. That and he was added to Canada's Karjala Cup roster, so he's getting a look as a possible Olympic candidate.

Awesome for him. Seems like a late bloomer type that may garner some interest this summer as a free agent.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
NHL teams giving Zach Whitecloud a serious look

Impressive start to this season. With an NHL sized body and a RH shot I think he'll get a ton of interest this off season. I hope he stays in the NCAA for at least one more year after this one to get more experience and finish his school. I hate seeing DMen being rushed, they all too often fail.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Anyone got some info on Sheldon Rempal? Was looking at NCAA scoring leaders and noticed him at #7. Watched him a lot on the Nanaimo Clippers. Is he worthy of an NHL contract?

I haven't seen Clarkson this year, they are off to a great start though. I would bet the Habs are keeping an eye on him and his team Devin Brosseau who is a local kid. They signed their teammate Jordan Boucher to an AHL contract this past summer so they would have seen both last year.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

kopitar1199

Jul 5, 2008
la
I haven't seen Clarkson this year, they are off to a great start though. I would bet the Habs are keeping an eye on him and his team Devin Brosseau who is a local kid. They signed their teammate Jordan Boucher to an AHL contract this past summer so they would have seen both last year.
if you havent seen them you are making assumptions then... i for one have watched about 6 full games this season and parts of 3 others.
rempal is a beast, he is a tad undersized but goes to the gritty areas.
he is on a killer line this year and has really clicked with with devin brosseau and has had a center in nico sturm.
due to my family ties there i used to know a bit about how they showcase their promising prospects, since they are so far north they use nhl connections to help guide their un-drafted promising young players.... i.e. Jack Ferreira, Dave Taylor, Craig Conroy, Todd Marchant.... people they know and trust will get first stab at un-drafted free agents.

kopitar1199

Jul 5, 2008
la
Anyone got some info on Sheldon Rempal? Was looking at NCAA scoring leaders and noticed him at #7. Watched him a lot on the Nanaimo Clippers. Is he worthy of an NHL contract?
rempal is super fast and super gifted his one knock is the thing you cant change... size... other than that he goes to the net and isn't afraid of the corners... he looks awesome but that is clarkson's system..
seems they are playing the trap game with Casey Jones now that hes has a full cycle of recruits under his belt now... very system oriented team, heavy transition and counter attack oriented offense.
he should get looks but i think it depends on how he preforms down the stretch... id ask again in feb....

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
rempal is super fast and super gifted his one knock is the thing you cant change... size... other than that he goes to the net and isn't afraid of the corners... he looks awesome but that is clarkson's system..
seems they are playing the trap game with Casey Jones now that hes has a full cycle of recruits under his belt now... very system oriented team, heavy transition and counter attack oriented offense.
he should get looks but i think it depends on how he preforms down the stretch... id ask again in feb....
Watched him and Brosseau a ton in BCHL, don't think Brosseau has NHL talent. Rempal has great skills but just cannot make the simple play. Worked great for him in Jr. A where the guys couldn't read it, lot of times if the dman he were making the move on had just played the body he could have lost his head. Also spent more time in the neutral zone than the defensive zone, not much of a backchecker.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
So who should we be keeping an eye on in 2018?
Cale Morris from Notre Dame looks like he's playing his way into a contract with someone. Maybe not in 2018 but his sophomore numbers stand WAY out as exceptional now that he's taken the #1 job over from Cal Petersen. 15 wins in 17 starts with a 1.53GAA and a .954%

Side note - Some team is going to hire the ND goalie coach at some point...

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Cale Morris from Notre Dame looks like he's playing his way into a contract with someone. Maybe not in 2018 but his sophomore numbers stand WAY out as exceptional now that he's taken the #1 job over from Cal Petersen. 15 wins in 17 starts with a 1.53GAA and a .954%

Side note - Some team is going to hire the ND goalie coach at some point...
Cal Petersen left after last season and signed NHL deal with LA Kings.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
David Pope is in his senior year at University of Nebraska-Omaha.
He broke out as a junior with 13-18-31.
He's even better this year. 11-12-23 in 18 games.
I've not heard any reports that the Wings have even talked to him.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Anyone know of any info on Shane Gersich or Brian Pinho? Both chose to go into their senior seasons instead of signing with Washington and I'm hoping Washington doesn't have another Thomas Di Pauli situation on their hands

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
I'm unsure of exactly how the NCAA UFA system works so forgive me if this name doesn't belong here, but there must surely be some attention going the way of Alec Rauhauser with the season he's having for Bowling Green. PPG over 28 games with NHL size at 6'3" and 216lbs.

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
I'm unsure of exactly how the NCAA UFA system works so forgive me if this name doesn't belong here, but there must surely be some attention going the way of Alec Rauhauser with the season he's having for Bowling Green. PPG over 28 games with NHL size at 6'3" and 216lbs.

x2

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
just quick off the top of my head not in any order...
Undrafted
D
Brickley, LD, Minn st
Hutton,RD, Miami
Rauhauser, LD, B Green
F
Halloran, CC
Jones, N Dak
Bergh, CC
Conrad, W Mich

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
Anyone familiarize with Princeton, and in particular Veronneau and Kuffner?

I’ve seen Veronneau’s name mentioned a couple of times as a guy that may be sought after, but Kuffner puts up near indentical numbers, is the same age, and has NHL size...

Just wanted to see if anyone who’s seen them play definitely thinks it’s Verroneau that is the better player of the 2 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->