Top Potential UFA NCAA Prospects this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Bayreuther is the cousin of Ben Lovejoy (I believe)

Saw him a few years ago, even mentioned him back in this thread. Could be an NHLer.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Dominic Shine -- Michael Kim

According to Elite Prospects Dominic Shine is playing for the Grand Rapids Griffins. This probably also is an ATO contract.

Did the Last Word Army look at Michael Kim of BC in coming up with your list of top NCAA free agent prospects? He was ranked 71 by SB Nation in its rankings of NCAA hockey prospects.

Yes, he signed an ATO.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Brickley will be returning to college next year (ie. not signing with anyone)

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...y-nhl-free-agent-returning-to-minnesota-state

Its likely he's returning.

However, unlike signing a contract where he is locked into that team now.... he still theoretically could go back on his word and sign an NHL deal. Not likely, I grant you, but possible.

According to Elite Prospects Dominic Shine is playing for the Grand Rapids Griffins. This probably also is an ATO contract.

Did the Last Word Army look at Michael Kim of BC in coming up with your list of top NCAA free agent prospects? He was ranked 71 by SB Nation in its rankings of NCAA hockey prospects.

We looked at him. We didn't have him as highly ranked as they do.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Its likely he's returning.

However, unlike signing a contract where he is locked into that team now.... he still theoretically could go back on his word and sign an NHL deal. Not likely, I grant you, but possible.

We looked at him. We didn't have him as highly ranked as they do.

fair point!

but as you noted, I don't think that is too likely with him.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
AHL deal, maybe?

That said, if the Leafs are looking to move up a rookie D next year, I'd love to offer him a spot on the Marlies.

I think he's worth an AHL/ECHL deal forsure.

I've seen him play 10-15 times the past few years, he's really solid at both ends of the ice I'm just not sure how much long-term upside he has. He's 6"4 with decent offensive skills and was the captain at Colgate, it's hard to evaluate him though because Colgate has had 2 terrible seasons in a row

dougiebrown

Oct 22, 2007
New Jersey
Austin Cangelosi signs with Albany Devils:

Tom Gulitti‏Verified account @TomGulittiNHL 18m18 minutes ago
Albany Devils have signed Boston College's Austin Cangelosi to a 2-year AHL contract that begins this season. (No relation to @CangyManMSG

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Justin Kloos revealed this weekend that he was offered an NHL contracts after last season, but wanted to come back and play for a championship. I would say he's done nothing to hurt his chances of those offers still being available to him.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Union is out so anyone high on Vecchione

Justin Kloos revealed this weekend that he was offered an NHL contracts after last season, but wanted to come back and play for a championship. I would say he's done nothing to hurt his chances of those offers still being available to him.

He didn't play super well today, I'm sure he's gonna have some phone call soon but maybe not as much

kopitar1199

Jul 5, 2008
la
spencer foo is being targeted by la... would be a great pick up for them considering they need scoring wingers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad