Value of: Top 4 LHD to New Jersey

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Hanafan for Nico. Canes get a low end up and coming 1C. NJ gets a top 4 dman with potential star status. A win/win for both teams. Going to have to anti up if you guys truly want a top 4 LHD that is worthwhile.

1- carolina would have to add 2- nico is untouchable anyway

D3vilsH0ck3y

Jun 10, 2013
Hanafan for Nico. Canes get a low end up and coming 1C. NJ gets a top 4 dman with potential star status. A win/win for both teams. Going to have to anti up if you guys truly want a top 4 LHD that is worthwhile.

What about Hanafan for Neeko?

member 147413

Somehow I doubt that the difference between Martin and Leivo is McLeod :rolleyes:
I think Gardiner is better and more valuable than Severson and that McLeod has lost value since being drafted.

Carrick and Leivo are NHL players but Babcock has other players he likes more so he plays them.

sattar18

Mar 24, 2007
I think Gardiner is better and more valuable than Severson and that McLeod has lost value since being drafted.

Carrick and Leivo are NHL players but Babcock has other players he likes more so he plays them.

Gardiner is obviously better than Severson, no one will dispute that. But he is also an UFA next year and will require a significant pay increase while Severson is signed for a reasonable deal for several years.

Carrick (who is 24) & Leivo (turning 25 next month) may be NHL players but their numbers dont inspire confidence. Certainly not enough to trade for a player that was drafted #12 less than two years ago, no matter how much value he has lost.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012
I still hold out hope that there's some GM that really likes Zacha based on the eye test, his draft status, and perhaps a little bit of salesmanship from Ray. You can perhaps make the case that he's set to break out like Kevin Fiala.

Jan 21, 2018
relax Zacha is still a kid. Jersey's offense is still improving, once they land JVR this summer Zacha's odds of having better linemates will improve. Obviously he hasn't developed like some of his peers in his draft class have but he still has loads of time to prove why he was a top 10 pick.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Skimmed the thread, but might have missed it: what was Zacha's primary role and linemates this year?

My question would be, if he was put with Zucker and Granlund or some combination of Nino/Parise/Coyle, and some time on the 2nd PP unit, would that be a marked improvement over what he's had so far in Jersey?

Reactions: Colt55

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Skimmed the thread, but might have missed it: what was Zacha's primary role and linemates this year?

My question would be, if he was put with Zucker and Granlund or some combination of Nino/Parise/Coyle, and some time on the 2nd PP unit, would that be a marked improvement over what he's had so far in Jersey?

If he played in that spot the whole year with consistent linemates... yes.

member 147413

Gardiner is obviously better than Severson, no one will dispute that. But he is also an UFA next year and will require a significant pay increase while Severson is signed for a reasonable deal for several years.

Carrick (who is 24) & Leivo (turning 25 next month) may be NHL players but their numbers dont inspire confidence. Certainly not enough to trade for a player that was drafted #12 less than two years ago, no matter how much value he has lost.
That’s fair.

I was a big fan of McLeod before the draft, I’ve admittedly lost interest since then and don’t know how he has developed.

I don’t think it’s off so much value wise, but I do agree with what you’ve said.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015

Tbh I don't think Jake gets more then 5.75 so yeah he needs an extension but it won't be much more Imo. As a leafs fan I don't want to move him, even with the emergence of dermott.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
That’s fair.

I was a big fan of McLeod before the draft, I’ve admittedly lost interest since then and don’t know how he has developed.

I don’t think it’s off so much value wise, but I do agree with what you’ve said.

Yet you definitively stated above that he has "lost value since being drafted" :dunce:

It was a stupid opinion, but at least now I know why you posted it.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

struggled early on to find any consistency and was scratched for a bit. The 2nd half of the year, he was a lot better. Down the stretch and into the playoffs, he played primarily 2C with Miles Wood and Patrick Maroon.

He is already solid defensively and an excellent PKer. It is all between the ears/consistency with him...he has all the tools.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'd be curious to see a Wild fan weigh in and give us an idea about that plus.

I love Brodin, and I think Zacha and Niederreiter would be nasty together. Very interesting hockey trade.

Uncertainty with Suter's injury throws a wrench into it. Without Suter and Brodin, our #1 LD would be Nick Seeler (and his 27 career NHL games).

Assuming Suter's full health, I'm thinking Zacha + #17 in 2018 and we re-balance it out from our end as necessary.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Bouw is spending the next 4-6 months recovering from hip surgery. Considering his age and contract, nobody is giving up much of anything for him right now. He's just as likely to retire as he is to come back and play close to the level he could before.
I'm mostly joking, I know his days are numbered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad