Tom Gulitti Appreciation Thread

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So it was the editor's idea to have Paul MacLean rumored as the next Devils coach last year based on cafeteria chatter? I almost think the players intentionally trolled Rich on that one. Some of Rich's anti-Lou stuff last year got way too personal too, although TG also at one point said Lou should be fired he wasn't quite as overtly scathing.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
For whatever reason, I thought I remembered always reading that the majority couldn't stand TG.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Even if I don't always agree with your opinion we will miss your reporting on the Devils. Good luck with your new opportunity.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
For whatever reason, I thought I remembered always reading that the majority couldn't stand TG.

That was back in the days of poweroutgate when TG invoked Mickey Mouse to describe the Devils handling of it and people were complaining he was a Ranger fan and was only covering the Devils cause he couldn't get the Ranger beat. I think he's done a fairly good job of covering the team objectively on the whole and even showing a little bit of passion in his twitter spats.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So it was the editor's idea to have Paul MacLean rumored as the next Devils coach last year based on cafeteria chatter? I almost think the players intentionally trolled Rich on that one. Some of Rich's anti-Lou stuff last year got way too personal too, although TG also at one point said Lou should be fired he wasn't quite as overtly scathing.

That article was so nonsensical that Chere wrote. It was so absolutely brutal, and I wasn't even in favor of keeping Lou anymore.

But the things he went after him for were very cheap. Like the Zajac extension? If we lost Zajac to UFA a year after Parise (AND Kovalchuk) they'd be wanting Lou fired for that all the same. I forget exactly everything in that article, but did he even fault Lou for or even bring up losing Clarkson to UFA too? As if that was some kind of significant loss and we didn't shell out $5+ million for him at 7 frickin years? LOL!

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Because the majority here think they can do a better job than everyone else from media all the way up to Shero and management. Just a quick food for thought type deal... People have complained this year about an utter nonsense list of things including changing the stickers on the helmets from the name to the logo as well as the numbers on the helmets. If that's not petty I don't know what is.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Bryce SalvadorVerified account
‏@BryceSalvador Bryce Salvador Retweeted Tom Gulitti
Congrats @TGfireandice - Well deserved! I always respected your efforts & writing while I was playing @NJDevils

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That will require him to move to NJ. Is he ready for THAT?:laugh:

Really don't wanna move back, but I can if the job pays enough.

And I can still keep my place here, because it's paid for. The only problem is that I can't live by myself and in an apartment because of my pets. I need either a roommate or a place with a backyard for the dogs for when I'm not home.

And most apartments don't allow pets. Could always sleep on the couch where I lived with roommates before I moved. They had a friend renting with them and in my old room now though. I might die with another cold winter.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
Horrible news for Devils fans. I'd rather just not follow anyone than follow Chere, so I hope a competent replacement is found. There's no shortage of young journalists that would jump at the chance to cover this team and would work every bit as hard as TG without resorting to the crap Chere writes, just have to hope one of them has an impressive enough resume to get the job.

Honestly this is making me wish I had gone after a journalism major when I had the chance :/

"But Business is so much more practical!"

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Seeing the amount of instability in the newspaper business these days I'm glad I didn't go the extra mile to try to become a sportswriter.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ 2m2 minutes ago
Awesome stick taps and salute by @NJDevils to honor @TGfireandice final game as beat reporter. Class act for a class guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad