Tom Gulitti Appreciation Thread

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Andy Vasquez must have not even got out of bed this morning, nothing but crickets on his Twitter.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
he might just be covering the game for the paper...doesn't mean he will tweet about it

which is part of the reason not having TG sucks. I didnt even love him but you can't deny he was a good source of information daily.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think the Record wants to waste a lot of resources/manpower on two meaningless games, especially since the guy is covering the Nets too.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
:laugh: Yeah saw that Fire and Ice pic last night. Well we now know that Tom drives a Ford and he listens to 80's music lol.

Sucks we're not going to get his usual wrap up of the season when everyone cleans out their lockers. That was usually a day filled with a bunch of articles on the team going into the off season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think the Record wants to waste a lot of resources/manpower on two meaningless games, especially since the guy is covering the Nets too.
My fear was that they wouldn't continue to cover the Devils like Tom did, especially with the team being as non-competitive as it is now. But I think they probably will, just because of how popular Tom's blog was with the fans. Although I'm not sure we'll get nearly as many posts as we got from Tom.
:laugh: Yeah saw that Fire and Ice pic last night. Well we now know that Tom drives a Ford and he listens to 80's music lol.

Sucks we're not going to get his usual wrap up of the season when everyone cleans out their lockers. That was usually a day filled with a bunch of articles on the team going into the off season.
And 70's too, E Street also. Which I'm guessing is a Springsteen channel.

Don't even know what those other channels are.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They can't even post blogs without Tom lol

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 19m19 minutes ago
Andrew Gross Retweeted Stephen H
Did write. Matter of being able to post. Fire and Ice on different software than Ranger Rants. Working on it.

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord 16m16 minutes ago
Andrew Gross Retweeted Stephen H
Without going into inner workings of paper, blog issue was not foreseen. Trying to iron out kinks.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Gross is saying they havent hired a full time replacement yet

well, ill start packing my things. Fire and Ice will now be Devils beat writing with 150% more doge

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There's two games left in the season. Gross and Vasquez are basically this season's Stevens/Oates. Just two available warm bodies finishing out a lost season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There's two games left in the season. Gross and Vasquez are basically this season's Stevens/Oates. Just two available warm bodies finishing out a lost season.

Maybe I'm just in a goofy mood today, but I burst out laughing at the Stevens/Oates comparison.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gonna be a rough weekend for Andy Vasquez...guy is getting killed on twitter for not reporting on the demotion of Mike Sislo.

That had to be a sarcastic post by the person who asked Gross about that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Gonna be a rough weekend for Andy Vasquez...guy is getting killed on twitter for not reporting on the demotion of Mike Sislo.

No fans :sarcasm:

Let's face it, we're finding out over the final week of this season just how much we've been spoiled with Tom and how hard he'll be to replace.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Gross is getting fiery:

By Andrew Gross

First off, we get it. Trust me, we get it.

You miss Tom. I miss Tom, we all miss Tom at the Record and it’s only been one day. Tom Gulitti was great on the Devils’ beat. Great in setting the bar so high not only for the quality of Fire and Ice, but what I do over at Ranger Rants or what the other fine journalists at our publication do on their own blogs.

edott

Mar 10, 2016
That little guy Dellapina was the worst, I had forgotten about him.
And for good reason. He has no ability to be impartial as a journalist.
A total hack/fraud.

He's been in charge of NHL media relations for the league since then.

But on TG as an Islanders fans his blog was the best coverage for our team too when we played the Devils, that's how good the work was.

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Gulitti set the bar high, but I'm willing to reserve judgement until we see what his replacement has planned.

The next few weeks I suspect we won't get much coverage, but it's hard to knock these guys too much since they're pulling extra duty to fill the gap. Probably wont get much for break up day, which is too bad.

I just hope they hire someone before the draft.

TG will be a great writer for NHL.com. His style is well suited for the sort of content they provide and players seem to love talking to him. I'm looking forward to reading his work on the league as a whole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad